PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice...

krazken
04-14-2005, 03:52 PM
Well, I just finished my upgrade of my 400ex to a 426ex. I was doing the breakin period on the rings, and the intake valves dropped on me. Two days later I was supposed to go to Little Sahara for a week of riding. That didn't happen.

:mad:

So now I am at an impass.

I mainly ride heavy woods and make a trip to the dunes twice a year. I want to run premium pump gas because I'm cheap. So my options are:

For the cylinder:
Do I resleeve for a 440?
Do I resleeve back to stock?
Do I buy a new cylinder with stock sleeve off ebay?

For the head:
I plan on getting a used head off ebay when I get the money, so do I use the valve springs that come with it, or do I upgrade the valve springs to kibblewhites? With that being said, do I also upgrade to kibblewhite valves as well?

I am very interested in learning of others experience with running a 440 kit for gncc style riding and issues/concerns about doing that with the stock oil tank. do I run the risk of overheating if I keep it at stock?

or do I just put this thing back to stock and sell it and save for something bigger/better??

Thanks for your help.

aci clay
04-14-2005, 05:20 PM
build it back to stock as inexpensively as possible and get one of the 450,s. stock they are better than the ex unless you dump a buttload of money in it and then you have reliability issues and you'll never recoup that money. or just build back to stock, ride it and have fun.:D :D :D