PDA

View Full Version : trades anyone?

jgracing
04-14-2005, 11:23 AM
i have a fully loaded race ready 265r, im really wanting a cannondale moto instead... if anyone is interested PM me.. ill have pics up soon Thanks Jim

jgracing
04-14-2005, 07:15 PM
here she is...if interested PM me for certain details on the quad

NikNacs67
04-17-2005, 03:54 PM
PM.

MR.BIG
05-17-2005, 09:18 AM
How much and what year is it?

MR.BIG
05-17-2005, 02:07 PM
Why would you trade that for a c-dale are you nuts. The 250r is reliable and a great machine and you can still get parts for it!

happyboy
05-17-2005, 03:14 PM
What parts can you not get for the dale?

armoks
05-17-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
Why would you trade that for a c-dale are you nuts. The 250r is reliable and a great machine and you can still get parts for it!

Why don't you get me a NEW clutch side cover for any year 250r? That would be tough because Honda NO LONGER makes parts for the all mighty 250r. they just followed the US guidelines of producing parts for ten years after the final release of machines.

Remember that any part for the 250r that runs out of stock from Honda will not be produced unless it is by an aftermarket company.

And every Nation race I've been to in the last few yearrs the R's numbers are dwindleing:eek2:

jacobw
05-17-2005, 03:50 PM
I have a reliable banshee I will trade you!! I hope you have a strong leg to kick it! I have had to pull it with my dale many times to get it started. It even got spanked in a drag race on pavement by a dale. This banshee also has a hot rod crank, wiseco .90 over pistons, cool head, 2 into 1 pipe this bike it not stock and cant pull a dale when the dale hits 5th. Say what you want I can get any part I want for my dale in less than a week one quick call to atk, haydug, or blackwidow and they are even cheaper than most other quad parts. I can beat a deal like that.

Also why is this guy wanting to trade his built 250r for a cannondale?? Seems like he has wisened up!!

MR.BIG
05-17-2005, 06:01 PM
Happybody don't ever knock a 250r they have one more championship's than any bike out there. They would have no problem smoking a cannondale either so bite your tongue. Oh yeah aftermarket companies make everything for the 250r. Ask gary denton what he won on 8 years in a row.

jgracing
05-17-2005, 06:18 PM
decided to keep my R.. took it out on the mx track and started realizing the 450's arent all they are said to be... 2 stroke still rules

happyboy
05-17-2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by happyboy
What parts can you not get for the dale?

Holy cow!! You are right. My comments about the R were way out of line. I should be banned for saying such aweful things!!

:cool:

MR.BIG
05-18-2005, 06:23 AM
LOL!

Heybo
05-19-2005, 08:54 PM
Happybody don't ever knock a 250r they have one more championship's than any bike out there. They would have no problem smoking a cannondale either so bite your tongue. Oh yeah aftermarket companies make everything for the 250r. Ask gary denton what he won on 8 years in a row.

250Rs have won more championships because they've been around longer than any other race quad. I own both... a fully modded 250R and a race ready Cannondale.....My R just sits up now cause I'm alot faster around a track on the Cannondale and it doesn't wear me out as much. Don't get me wrong....I love my 250R...but it's time has passed.

MR.BIG
05-20-2005, 06:57 AM
They have been around as long as quadracers, tecate-4's and everything else of that era. The cannondale made it how many years?How many cannondales do you see at the track? Did cannondale ever win a championship when it had factory riders?
NO!

jacobw
05-20-2005, 10:03 AM
They have been around as long as quadracers, tecate-4's and everything else of that era. The cannondale made it how many years?How many cannondales do you see at the track? Did cannondale ever win a championship when it had factory riders?
NO!

LOL dude you crack me up cannondale won some championships when cannondale were in business that all people were riding many pros rode them and won alot. Remeber the nac's cannondales. Seems they won alot.

DRT
05-20-2005, 04:35 PM
Come on dude the 250r motor won alot of championships.The pro quads were all roll design and walsh race craft chasis for the past 6 to 8 years.What really was left stock .....spindles,breaks,and motor.Not knocking the motor at all I have 2 250r's but theres not many stock parts on them at all besides the motor.

MR.BIG
05-21-2005, 07:54 AM
True but what you have to look at is how long do frames last. The 250r hasn't been made in 15 years. Back when they were being made everyone was using the stock frame. I will say that cannondale does make an awesome frame.

Fred55
05-21-2005, 02:39 PM
True but what you have to look at is how long do frames last. The 250r hasn't been made in 15 years. Back when they were being made everyone was using the stock frame. I will say that cannondale does make an awesome frame.

Do you have any facts to back up your assumptions? How do you know that everybody was using a stock frame when they were being made?

250R's are nice quads, but these days its all fourstrokes, for small tracks with only a few classes, then sure the aftermarket framed 250r will still be up at the top, but with bigger tracks like the Nationals, 250r's numbers are deff. going down.

DRT
05-22-2005, 02:52 PM

True but thats all that was offered so no one can really complain about it.When all the after market chasis came out all pros ran them you just cant beat a roll or Walsh chasis doesnt matter what motor is in them 4 stroke 2 stroke the pro's would run them if it wasnt for the stupid Pro production rule.But rules are rules I guess.Thats the only reason why the 250r hybrids are not seen much at the track.ESR got over 50 hp with a 330r stroker motor non power valve.It sure as heck can run agenst any 4 stroke motor and cheaper to fix.

Krash
06-06-2005, 12:13 PM
Will there EVER be a thread posted in this entire forum that doesn't include DRAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!

murrays400ex
07-29-2005, 12:56 AM
I love it when a 450r owner..who doesnt know anything about cannondales......says something dumb....jsut really makes him look smart...duurrp
CHAD

airtime
08-19-2005, 08:15 AM
i own a 250r lonestar with a pro-x 310, pep zps shocks, and every other mod. i also own a cdale with a full hmf pipe, motto mapping and full lonestar suspension and zps shocks.. so i know what i'm comparing because i own both now. the cdale will smoke my 310 250r in a 150 yard grass drag stripe. 3 to 4 bike lenghts. it will smoke my friends fully after market frames 350 power vavle 250r on the same grass stripe. (maybe 1 bike lenght). full race gas for the 250r's, plain 93 octane for the cdale. honda handles better and feels alot lighter. cdale rides better and feels a little heavier and wider. the 250r has been sitting in my shop unriden for 2 years. cdale is easier to ride and has more power than my 310. the eddie sanders racing 350 power has more power but can not hook up at all, spins the tires ther whole way down the track, but has more power for sure than my almost stock cdale. if you think the 250r is so great, mine is for sell, like new never ridden, $4500 takes. 662-434-8615

CannondaleRider
08-19-2005, 04:50 PM
Seriously, so many people bash Cannondales when they know hardly ANYTHING about them.

DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA!!!!!:mad: '

Just give it up!

MAaudioX10
08-21-2005, 01:39 PM
Yeah but, all the drama makes for good reading.

airtime
08-23-2005, 06:28 AM
ANY CDALE OWNER/RIDER TRIED THE HONDA GAS TANK CONVERSION? HOW DID YOU LIKE IT? did it make it easier to handle and narrower?

here'a pic. 2003 cdale, full lonestar suspension, full pep zps ride, yeah, it handles great

DRT
08-26-2005, 08:04 PM
LOL yup DRAMA this thread has been dead for 3 months :rolleyes: