PDA

View Full Version : Power Bomb Question

NVR2L8
05-14-2002, 07:31 PM
I bought a new (unused) Power Bomb head pipe, but I think it has a few problems. First, although it probably doesn't make a difference, the "bulge" seems to have been installed backwards, i.e., when installed the FMF logo is upside down. Second, where the two down pipes meet and go into the bulge, they are dented in...as if this is needed to help the two pipes fit into the single section just before the bulge. I can probably live with the logo being upside down, but not if the dents aren't supposed to be there. For those who have the Power Bomb, has anyone else run into these problems? Are the end of the down pipes supposed to be slightly dented in? If not, then I guess I'll have to contact FMF and see if they'll exchange it.

05-14-2002, 07:38 PM
On my old FMF hi flo header it had the two dents, if i know what you are talking about. And it should not matter which way the bulge is. I am sure if you e-mail the folks at FMF they would be more of a reliable source than me.

05-15-2002, 06:25 AM
Well the bomb being upside down shouldn't matter,,the dents I'm not quite sure about,,,here's a pic does it look like mine has the dents in the same spot..I'll see if I can get more close up pics so you can see better but I think this is the closest I got..

NVR2L8
05-15-2002, 07:31 AM
Rico, thanks for the pic... This one is good enough for the question I had, and it shows the indentations I was wondering about. Yea, mine has those same dents... I wonder why FMF built it that way though--other than not looking right, it appears as though they might actually restrict exhaust flow when compared to a more flush/smooth design. Oh well...

knighttime
05-15-2002, 08:03 AM
arent there unless they are needed. They really arent dents, they are where the "2" pipes are brought into the "bomb".

Look at the dyno chart on www.fmfracing.com.

It should erase any fears u have about the power of the "bong".

:eek: