PDA

View Full Version : cant tell

GreenBuds420
04-14-2005, 07:54 AM
hey guys i changed my oil and i cant tell if the oil tank is full or not i rode the bike for about 5 min right after i changed it... should i buy another bottle and top it off?

kerby400ex
04-14-2005, 08:31 AM
Do you not have a dipstick to check????

If you have an EX then all u need to do is put in 2 bottles, unless u have an aftermarket tank....

RidrKFX
04-22-2005, 08:25 PM
man if you cant tell if you should add more oil then maybe you should be riding :grr:

DeerNuts
04-23-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by GreenBuds420
hey guys i changed my oil and i cant tell if the oil tank is full or not i rode the bike for about 5 min right after i changed it... should i buy another bottle and top it off?

Im guessing that the dipstick had little or no oil on it after you rode it, but was at the proper lever immediately after you changed it??

If thats the case, then you have to remember that the oil will flow of course out of the tank and into the engine where some of it will sit, thus making your oil level low of course. If this is the case, then just top it off AFTER riding it, and you will be fine.

If thats not it, then give us some more info and we'll help you out. Dont mind the useless comments, I am sure you know how to read a dipstick.