PDA

View Full Version : AIM Question

Honda4trax250x
04-13-2005, 07:13 PM
Out of curiosity, what does it mean on AIM when there is a little picture of a lock next to someones screename on my buddylist?

Someone on my list has had it for a while...and I dont have a clue what it means.......

Mxjunkie
04-13-2005, 07:20 PM
Its some little thing from what people tell me so the goverment cant read your messages and everything else.

Honda4trax250x
04-13-2005, 07:25 PM
well that kinda makes sense, cuz this kid is pretty deep into drugs haha

bansheeguy77
04-13-2005, 07:47 PM
give me a name who has the lock. i dont beleive ive ever seen it

TheFontMaster
04-13-2005, 08:14 PM
I've seen those on a couple screen names. I was wondering what they meat too. Isn't there some privacy thing that would outlaw people from looking in at other people's IM's? I also thought that AIM was secure, like no one could hack into what I'm typing.

I-7
04-13-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
I've seen those on a couple screen names. I was wondering what they meat too. Isn't there some privacy thing that would outlaw people from looking in at other people's IM's? I also thought that AIM was secure, like no one could hack into what I'm typing.

Its a security encription thing so if you have a wireless router (which means you are basically unprotected) it doesn't let outside people or hacker nerds read your conversations.