PDA

View Full Version : should i get new headers

MoToX199
04-13-2005, 07:03 PM
i just got my pro circuit t-4 and its really good pipe,but some people said that i should get new headers too,but i dont which i should get i would like to get the most bottom end i can get out of it so if you guys have any ideas plz let me know thanks!

Plante400
04-13-2005, 07:47 PM
header will add topend i believe

Toadz400
04-13-2005, 08:26 PM
If you want all the bottom end you can get, just stick with the stock headers.

2muchquad
04-13-2005, 09:52 PM
yup,just like toadz said,you'll get more from the stock header,case in point my buddy took off his complete wb system because he lost too much low end,he runs the stock header with a hmf slip on on his 440 ex,he races gncc's.:)

cals400ex
04-13-2005, 10:02 PM
if your running a lrd motor, you will probably want a larger header. we switched from a stock header with the welds grinded out and a WB slip on to a full HMF pipe on our 10:1 406 motor with a stage 2 hotcam. the gains were huge. i thought this kids bike was just junk. it revved as slow as crap. i think my bike revved out quicker in 3rd gear than his did in 1st gear (well probably not but it seemed like it :D ). i talked him into buying this full hmf that i found used on this site. the gains were absolutely huge. and the power increases started from when you initially hit the gas in 1st gear. i know this is hard to believe but it almost felt like the gains from this pipe were like adding his cam and piston all over again. after this, his 406 ran similar to my 426. of course it wasn't as fast as my 426 but its not like i was blowing his doors off by 10 bike lengths anymore.

now, you probably won't get those gains out of a pro circuit, slip on or full system. their headers are designed to fit any slip on or even the stock silencer. to accomplish this, the header has to be smaller. the hmf's header is larger, allowing more air flow. i know many say run the stock header if you want low end power but on a built motor we had these drastic gains from going with a full system. good luck

bigvforcer
04-14-2005, 05:39 PM
I had a Bills Thunder Full System on my old 400ex and the majority of the power the headpipe provided was down low. I read all the time baout every other exhaust system out there except the Bill's and Bills can pretty much beat the price of every manufacturer out there if you find the right distributor .

GET RID OF ALL OTHER EXHAUST AND JUST BUY BILL'S THUNDER SYSTEM

Toadz400
04-14-2005, 07:09 PM
I didn't see that you have an LRD 460 engine. I'd check out to see if LRD makes a pipe designed for low-end power to go with their engine kit. You will get more power with a bigger headpipe with that extra 60 cc's.