PDA

View Full Version : Quote.

Metzroth
04-13-2005, 05:59 PM
How much for candy orange frame, black subframe, black a-arms, and candy orange spindles.Maybe Black Hubs. Edit:This is all for a 400ex.

Pappy
04-13-2005, 06:57 PM
frame and sub are $225

spindles would be $40 for the set

hubs would be $20 each

im not a big fan of trans orange, but ill do my best:)

Metzroth
04-13-2005, 07:01 PM
you do all the stripping and prepping right? If i were to sand blast it and clean it up good would the price go down at all? Also, i don't know if you want to let your secrets go or anything but what powder coating system do you use, and how do you cure the frames once they are done? I looked at the site you said you get all ur powders from and i saw a powder coat system for 130 or so. Then i found a propane curing system for like 300 something (way too much for me). Do you just have a second hand conventional oven or something?

Pappy
04-13-2005, 08:04 PM
for small parts i use a hotcoat pro gun, for larger i have a box feed corona unit.

ovens...for small parts i use a simple house oven and for frames i built my own. id like to get a larger unit for car frames but they are a bit expensive:p

yes i do all prep. i really dont like frames sent blasted because they flash rust and i end up doing them anyway

Metzroth
04-13-2005, 08:39 PM
awesome. What is your favorite color to do? (If its your favorite i would imagine it's also your best). If you could give me a sample of whatever color you like and such then I would let you do what you want with it. Prefferably not blue because that is the theme my friend is going with on his ex. I am putting lots of polished parts on the quad so only colors that look good with polish. Let me know what you would like to do with it. I will try and come up with some money for it but it could take awhile. Thanks alot pappy.

Pappy
04-13-2005, 09:01 PM
i really dont have a true favorite. the magic that powdercoat does to different parts with different colors is just ...cool:p
each color looks pretty sweet in its own right, and it comes down more to what color will coat the best and leave the part with the best finish. some atv parts and old car/bike parts are pretty beat up and a high gloss color will only enhance the damage.

i just do what folks want, nothin more:)

Metzroth
04-13-2005, 09:22 PM
How about this. When i get the cash ill send ya the parts. You can tell me the colors you think will look good, and as long as i like the colors ill do them :). Prolly a good couple months to go tho b4 i can afford it. Honestly i wasnt expecting it to be that much but it must not be a bad price, I bet 25% of the people on this site have stuff powdercaoted by you so it must be worth it. :D

450 Racer R
04-14-2005, 05:15 AM
Pappy, do you have plans for the oven you built? How much could I purchase them for? and what are you using for a heating element?

Pappy
04-14-2005, 01:05 PM
i had to raise the prices a bit to cover the increased cost of the boxes and foam wrap and bubble wrap. it runs around $40 just to ship the frame and thats before i get the DHL bill.

no plans, i just built it.

450 Racer R
04-14-2005, 04:50 PM
alright thanks.