PDA

View Full Version : Well I finnally dumped my 450R onto the grab bar.

K-Dub
04-13-2005, 05:56 PM
Broke my grab bar, but I think I can straiten it and weld it. The worst part is I broke the lens to the brake light and my local dealer says I just cant buy the lens. All the leds work like there supposed to but the lens busted into a bunch of little pieces. So I was wondering if anybody has a good lens and the black plastic piece they would want to sell or buy my circut board. Im not paying $70 just for a new lens and Im affraid to not have the light sealed good and let it get wet. Ill just go to radio shack and find a led light or a round trailer light and hook up if I cant get the light sealed. Plus Im mounting it off the grab bar either way.

rollie
04-13-2005, 07:44 PM
:confused: you broke all that stuff just goin onto the grab bar? how fast where you goin?

when i was learning wheelies i fell back 10 times in one day any nothing broke...:p

Hawk III
04-13-2005, 08:16 PM
the stock grab bars are PITIFUL!!!! when i first got mine it rolled back like 12" away and hit a tree and damn near crushed the entire grab bar...

honduh440
04-13-2005, 09:09 PM
ill sell you the hole brake light for 35 shipped

K-Dub
04-13-2005, 09:22 PM
nacsracer
I was in 3rd gear wfo, missed the back brake pedal.

honduh440
I dont know abot the light yet, thanks for the offer. Ill pm you when I figure out what Im doing

jmpulse
04-13-2005, 09:32 PM
Sounds like what happened to me. On the second trip to the grab bar, it got ripped off, and the light was busted up. I ended up breaking all the plastic off of the circut board, and then encased it in epoxie. I then bolted the light assembly to the manuel holder section of the air box.

Sorry for the spelling.

jeepnrocks
04-13-2005, 10:07 PM
get a prm grab bar. they are cheap and a good bit beefier than stock. i had my tail light busted out by some kid on a poker run. His dad was supposed to pay for it but you know how that goes :(

K-Dub
04-14-2005, 07:15 PM
Well I found a led trailer tail light that is the same width and thickness (in the center doesnt bevel up at the ends) as the stock light. It was $10, I hooked it up and works great, Im going to mount it to the plastic where the owners manual holder is. I can break 7 of these to one stock light. I found the light at redneck trailer supply if anybody else needs one (I got lucky my dad is a dealer for them and had 2 in stock). 1 question is part of the tail light supposed to be lit up with the lights off and the brakes not pressed. Mine was doing this before I broke it.
Thanks for the help.

awj8074
04-14-2005, 08:06 PM
dont worry about the led's the first week i had mine i stoped quick becuase there was a dog in the trail and my friend slamed into the back of me. It broke the lense off but all the led's still worked. Ive washed it with soap and water to clean the mud off for almost a year now and its been coverd in mud almost eveyday. All the led's still work without a problem.

http://img233.echo.cx/img233/6920/closequad6fj.jpg