PDA

View Full Version : remapping

duke416ex
04-13-2005, 11:33 AM
Is there any way that I can remap my cdale without buying the d&m kit, I mainly just want that update for the stalling on it. The bike already has the moto mapping.

Derno24
04-13-2005, 11:39 AM
Unfortunatley no unless you live near an old dealership for Cannondales. Then they would have the Dealer version of the software. I was also unaware of an update for stalling. Only update related to that was for cold weather starting.

There will also be a cheaper version of the D&M released soon so if you can wait then you may be able to save a couple bucks.

duke416ex
04-13-2005, 11:43 AM
I have an old dealer close, but they said they wouldn't do it because about every other bike they remapped, it fried the comp. I was reading about the update on cannondaler.com. I wonder how much cheaper it will be?

jacobw
04-13-2005, 11:50 AM
huh? the dealer cal fried some computers???:eek2: :eek2: Sounds like a problem with software or something with the dealer cal. There is nmo update for stalling it can be a number of things the chain being to tight. Lack of fuel. O-ring on the gas tank deteriorated. Clogged fuel filter. You will need a dm kit to find your problem and if the dealers program is frying ecu's then buy your own kit and do it yourself.

duke416ex
04-13-2005, 11:53 AM
http://www.cannondaler.com/files/cdale/manuals/sb/SB02-008Revised%20ECU%20file%20stalling.pdf

jacobw
04-13-2005, 11:57 AM
all that is an updated hex code. they were having problems with the older computers. I am sure if yours haas been remapped is has an updated hex code you have something other than the hex code causing stalling problems i am sure.

duke416ex
04-13-2005, 12:02 PM
I will try to check some things on the bike later in the week, maybe I can figure it out. It rarely happened, I rode for bout 4 hours and it died maybe twice. I think once was because the battery terminal got loose.

Dale512
04-13-2005, 12:05 PM
When I first got my Speed it liked to stall in the air, found out the idle was just a tad too low.

duke416ex
04-13-2005, 12:16 PM
This one stalled when going down the trail under throttle. I just don't know anything abou these, they are stout, but I just don't have the things I need to work on them.

Derno24
04-14-2005, 07:06 AM
I wouldn't reach out for an answer yet.

Duke are there any other dealers near you? The hex may be older, but sometimes it is as simple as low idle. These machines idle at 2200 rpm's. Also just a throttle recal may be your problem. Last, but not least when was the last time you changed the fuel filter? If it has been a while just change it. I would start with these 3 things.