PDA

View Full Version : Quicktime player problem

QuadJunkies
04-13-2005, 10:02 AM
I have been having some issues getting the updated version of Quicktime to work on my computer. Wehn I view MOV. files, all I get is sound and no picture:confused: So I went and done a reinstall of quicktime and I get error messages .Anyone know a fix?

QuadJunkies
04-13-2005, 10:06 AM
this is the message I get..

Unable to save file,C/windows/dowloadedinstallations628e8630-7947-49ea-be90-7f8bff

The process cannot access the file becuase its being used by anotherprocess

?? ? whats that mean??

zephead400ex
04-13-2005, 12:09 PM
Tina, what version of QT are you running? If your not sure how to find out; open Quicktime from your programs menu. At the top click on Help then About Quicktime. It will show you a version number.

Do you possibly have a video converter to make a .mov file to an .avi file or something similar?

Would you be able to copy & paste the error here? I tried to decipher the error you posted, but came up empty handed:p

QuadJunkies
04-13-2005, 12:14 PM
I tried to copy and paste it but it wont allow. The weird thing is it works fine on my vidoe website, but to view anyone elses it only plays sound...:huh
Im pretty sure its Quicktime 6.5.2 version.

QuadJunkies
04-13-2005, 12:18 PM
ok, now I cant veiw my video website either! :mad:
Hey Zep, can you go to www.quadjunkies.neptune.com and see if it loads for you?? Maybe its just the site is having issues today... :(

blue416ex
04-13-2005, 12:30 PM
it works for me i just watched clay peak :confused:

ballisticpb
04-13-2005, 12:37 PM
uninstall quick time compleatly out of your system then down load quick time 7 see if it will allow you to install after the old one has been removed

zephead400ex
04-13-2005, 12:46 PM
Tina, it works fine for me.

As ballistic suggested, I would uninstall QT and reinstall.

Here is a link to download 6.5.2...again. However, I would imagine you would (should) be able to update with a fresh version.
http://www.download.com/QuickTime/3000-2139_4-10331364.html?tag=lst-0-1

You can download QT 7 from here, but have to register and all that BS.
http://www.apple.com.au/quicktime/download/

Let me know if you have issues.

later,
Preston

QuadJunkies
04-13-2005, 12:54 PM
So WTF do I need to do to get my WIN media player to work?? :ermm: It plays fine on clip in my documents, but not on the website... Im TOTALLY confused now!
Ill just get rid of QT, I rarely ever use it anyways...

QuadJunkies
04-13-2005, 12:59 PM
I unistalled QT now my Win. works fine:)

zephead400ex
04-13-2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I unistalled QT now my Win. works fine:)

Sweet! I hate QT too! Media Player is on of Microsoft's better programs...surprisingly enough

ballisticpb
04-13-2005, 02:33 PM
good to hear that things are working well. media player should be able to do what ever is needed.

JOEX
04-13-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
Tina, what version of QT are you running? If your not sure how to find out; open Quicktime from your programs menu. At the top click on Help then About Quicktime. It will show you a version number.

Do you possibly have a video converter to make a .mov file to an .avi file or something similar?

Would you be able to copy & paste the error here? I tried to decipher the error you posted, but came up empty handed:p
What program(s) will do the converting from .MOV to anything else? Freeware prefered:)

zephead400ex
04-14-2005, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
What program(s) will do the converting from .MOV to anything else? Freeware prefered:)

Rad Video Tools which is, oddly enough, made by Rad Tools. I've used this program for a couple weeks. It is kind of complex, but seems to work pretty well, and it's free!:D

Here is the link to their download section.
http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm