PDA

View Full Version : XR frame/subframe

Garrett
04-12-2005, 06:36 PM
I am considering having my 2002 Honda XR250 frame/subframe powder coated. Can you contact me with information on pricing and how to get it to you if you are willing to do this.

By the way, the xr frame holds oil. I have heard of horror storied where some people have gotten powder in their and ruined motors because of it. Will this be a problem or not? I also don't know what type of colors are available. I would prefer maybe something close to stock... like grey or a dark grey. Silver perhaps? Something that would go with the red plastics and black rims. Anyways enough rambling.

Pappy
04-12-2005, 09:06 PM
i was looking into this frame (i got your pm)

i cant imagine keeping powder out being an issue, i can see how abrasive blasting media would be the issue with removale before coating and or reassembly.

i will ask a few places that do more bikes then i do and see if they have had issues or know of solutions.

Garrett
04-13-2005, 07:48 AM
After talking with them more I think it was a total lack of no preparation to plug the holes from the shop and the owner of the frame didn't take it upon himself to flush it out before putting it back together. Simply flushing it out may have been enough to prevent the problems he encountered.

Thanks for taking the time to ask around though. Let me know what you think or find out. Thank you.