PDA

View Full Version : Renthal Fatbars (Question about the bar pad) HELP!

Metzroth
04-12-2005, 06:20 PM
Hey, I just ordered renthal fatbars and a bar pad for my 400ex. I have a new +1 roll design steering stem so I need new bars. Anyways, I was wondering if the bar pad will fit inbetween the mounts on the steering stem. I need to know before tomorrow morning so i can call my dealer and cancel the order on the bar pad if it wont fit. Please help!

NacsMXer
04-12-2005, 06:27 PM
I don't see how you'll have trouble with that. If the Roll Design clamp is too fat for the pad to fit on, you could just trim the foam until it does fit. Even if you can't secure the velcro strips, you can always use a couple of zip ties to secure the pad. Wait till you get everything, then take a look at it and improvise.

I would do this because its always better to bust your face on a fat bar pad, than a billet bar clamp :o I don't understand why some riders would rather have their quad look all blingin than to risk loosing your front teeth on a billet clamp :eek2:

Metzroth
04-12-2005, 06:33 PM
k thanks alot. Was just kinda worried cuz i spent $20 on a bar pad and was hoping it would fit. But ya kinda put my mind at ease. Thanks again. BTW where is barrington located?

NacsMXer
04-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Yeah no problem bro, i'm sure you'll be able to figure it out. On my T2's, the two bar clamps are separate with a gap between them ya know? I assume your Roll clamp will be a dog bone style, that is solid from clamp to clamp. With that new bar pad, I think you'll just have to cut out a notch of foam in the center for that Roll Design clamp to fit into. It's custom mods like that that makes the quad yours :p

And Barrington is about 30 mins north of Chicago. Good luck with the new parts!

Metzroth
04-12-2005, 07:01 PM
Actually it is a two piece clamp and there is space inbetween the two. They aren't that thick either. I'm pretty sure it will be easy to modify to fit the bars. Now I just gotta transfer all parts onto the new bars. Dunno how i will get my tether kill switch to fit it.