PDA

View Full Version : Bad experience with C & D racing??

rooftop-special
04-12-2005, 04:03 PM
So I bought am HMF slip-on,UNI Filter, and filter lid from C & D a month ago. When they charged my credit card, they over charged me $20 (charged me for the spark arrestor, when it should have been included). Anyways, thats fine, people make mistakes. They said they would mail me out a check for the difference. That was a month ago. I called 2 weeks ago, to see where my check was at. I got some girl who said she had'nt had a chance to see if a check had been cut. I was thinking, what the hell takes you so long to open a check book and see you wrote a check to someone. I let it go, they said they would have one out to me. So today, still no check, I call back and get the same girl, who gives me the same story about how she hasn't had time to look. So instead of getting to hell bent about $20, I decided to see what you guys thought, and has anyone else had any similar experiences? Sorry for going on and on, but that girl was just rude as hell. And then she had the nerve to correct me and say well it hasn't quite been a month, but in 2 days it would have been a month. Blah Blah Blah. I do not beleive I will be suggesting C & D racing to anyone on the forum or people I ride with. The End:devil:

praetorian
04-12-2005, 04:08 PM
Dayum dont say that crap. I just ordered something. I hope all turns out well.

04-12-2005, 04:11 PM
i tried to order some stock parts awhile back and they took forever to get them so i just cancelled my order. Bought some jets for my carb last month though and had them in 3 days.

Pvt. Maggot
04-12-2005, 04:25 PM
C&D Are amazing..I've always had great service from them I buy boxes full of parts..shipping was great..and parts were all awsome..There prob busy..There awsome people as well..couldn't ask for better service..Just give them some time..i'm sure they will set it straight.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
04-12-2005, 04:52 PM
Why does this not suprise me that you would come on here to bad mouth our company. I was nice untill you were trying to argue with me (I said you would get taken care of within a week or two) seemed to me you just wanted to argue, instead of calmly trying to resolve this matter.. I don't keep the books here at the shop they are at home and when I get home at 9:30 at night sometimes things get overlooked that is why I explained to you I haven't had a chance to look and I knew I had to do the books within the next week or so. Like I told you over the phone we try to take care of people sometimes things take longer than expected...

When My distributors overcharge me I end up waiting months before I get a credit, but calling and arguing about it doesn't get me anywhere.

Once again we are not out to take advantage of any of our customers, Sometimes customers orders don't go as smoothly as we would all like but their are many factors that are out of our control.

You will be taken care of as soon as I have a chance.

jonc623
04-12-2005, 05:12 PM
i have bought things from them a love the service i got :D

NacsMXer
04-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Some how, I sense a little more integrity on behalf of Silverfox than Mr. rooftop-special over here. I'm sure that's a little scam they have, charging people a little extra here and there to make more money :rolleyes: . I personally, have had nothing but good experiences from everybody over at C&D. They have great prices on popular products, they are more than happy to help over the phone if you have questions about those products, they help support this very site, and they even give you discounts most of the time just for being an ATVrider member.

Sounds to me like a certain someone misunderstood what Silverfox had to say the first time and had a temper tantrum when he didn't get the response he wanted :o

So listen up newb, there's a little thing in our society called "courtesy" and it goes both ways ;) Maybe you'll figure this out when you grow up someday, but until then, quit talkin smack about the site sponsor like they intentionally cheated you out of your money or some $hit :huh

lol
04-12-2005, 05:28 PM
C and D is awesome!

Great people and great service from my expieriences!

For neone looking to use c&d, totally disregard everything that Rooftop said because C&D, is probably one of the best places to buy parts, in my opinion:)

Silverfox@C&DRacing
04-12-2005, 05:34 PM
I don't want anyone to misunderstand what happened, he was overcharged and yes it was our fault, I just have been extremely busy and haven't had a chance to get it taken care of.

We appreciate your kind words and support, We try hard to take care of you atvriders ;)

TORO1968
04-12-2005, 05:40 PM
Nothing but great service here!! :)

spudss
04-12-2005, 05:56 PM
I have had nothing but good thing to say about C&D.. When the Heuvos 7 Video came out(and were extremly hard to find) I called up there and the lady(Silverfox Im guessing)was very cool and hooked me up with the last copy in which she didnt have to do that.. That is cool.. It happens with every company that has any kind of product flow.. HMF messed my order up a couple of times but they hooked me up for the inconvience.. So just be cool to them and they will be cool to you..

Hammer trx450r
04-12-2005, 06:06 PM
Don't get on her bad side:p Those guys are great they are just very busy because they are great;)

Bush0102
04-12-2005, 06:11 PM
C&D is awesome. I wont buy from anywhere else in the future.

gojk
04-12-2005, 06:45 PM
Mostly good. Anytime I have had issues I call them up and they take care of it.

I see where your coming from though. It seems like there are so many scams out there you just can't trust anyone. Don't worry about it. I am sure C&D will take care of it.

derekhonda
04-12-2005, 07:35 PM
I can see why he is frustrated though, can anyone else not ?

But then again, mistakes happen.....

450 Racer R
04-12-2005, 07:43 PM
just make sure that you're 110% clear when doing business through pm's. I was talking to colby about my shock rebuild and some other parts. He gave me an awesome price on the rebuild after asking for a deal if I bought everything at the same time. But after I sent my shocks out and they got to C&D they were like ":eek2: ... I thought you were just getting the rear shock done?" I sent my shocks out expecting to pay one price, but ended up paying another.
Other than that though, C&D is awesome! Very fast at getting parts out.:macho

rooftop-special
04-13-2005, 01:09 AM
Ok, it seems that I have pissed some people off. And we have people like NacsMxer that like to read between the lines and come up with there own conclusions. ie, making it sound like I was a trying to say C & D was trying to scam me. I was just stating the experience I had with C & D racing. And as Silverfox stated is, was 100 % percent accurate. I guess the real thing that got me, is when I said "Its been a month since I ordered my stuff" and she corrected me and said "in 2 days it will be a month". The point is C & D racing has good prices they where great when I ordered. the pipe took a little long to get but that is completely out of the control of C & D. You know how HMF is. The only problem I had was it seemed a little ridiculous to wait a month to receive a $20 check, and then when you call to ask about it. They say it might be another 2 weeks before they even will be able to check if one was mailed out. I beleive that I am being very reasonable. I can see if its only been a week and started in. Then I would have no problem with people getting pissed off an jumping my ***. I just beleive that a business should handle their business. Even the little aspects (a $20 check) and if your to busy, hire someone. Being busy means that your making money and you need to spend money to make more money.

I am just glad we live in a country where we can express our differences. It's great to be an American. Feel free to chime in if you feel I am just totally out of line with the above.

Don't break any bones

Casey:devil:

Allen
04-13-2005, 04:22 AM
C&D are definetely top notch......never had any trouble here dealing with them....

I-7
04-13-2005, 04:40 AM
Theres no doubt that you will recieve your check but I definatley see where your coming from concered about the check because it has been a long time.

ohski
04-13-2005, 05:25 AM
I’ve ordered from C&D… Got my Fasst bars from them last year. No problems… Was thinking about sending them my rear Z400 shock for a rebuild here pretty soon.

The fact of the matter is the customer is always right. Looking at it from a business point of view how would you like it if you sent the parts to the customer and he still owed you $20..? Let’s say a month has passed and he still owes you $20… now how do you feel..? How long is it before you legally can send them to collections..? Would you send them to collections or would you just sit around and wait with a smile on your face..?

What I’ve read here is that C&D is too busy to provide good customer service to 100% of its customers. In the end that will end up costing them… It might have cost them my business because I’m a person who feels I should be treated with respect. When I’m overcharged I expect to be paid back with the same quickness that I paid them.

Very respectfully, Wade

ILGNCC400EX
04-13-2005, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by jonc623
i have bought things from them a love the service i got :D yep me to:D

coryatver
04-13-2005, 06:29 AM
They have been advertising on this site forever and you are the first person to every say anything bad about them, I am pretty sure. I understand that some company's will try to blow you off about something like this but don't worry they will take care of you.

p@iNn3ck
04-13-2005, 06:42 AM
HA! Always had great experiences with C&D! Actually friendly people who LIKE to help.

With that said, I can completely understand your point of expecting your balance due in a timely fashion..... but, it sounds to me like you're complaining about it being a month from when you ordered, not from when the mistake was discovered/discussed....... and it's $20.....yes, money is money, but you gotta learn to pick your battles.

Like I said, I can relate, I ordered some a-arms from K&K, received the wrong thing, sent them back, and waited 3 months with MULTIPLE phone calls before getting my money back..... plus they didnt cover either shipping cost. Now THATS a place that wont ever receive my support again.

XANDADA
04-13-2005, 07:21 AM
C&D has always been good to me. Sounds like they cleared everything up for you and admitted their mistake. It happens and they cleared it up...not many companies will do that. Maybe you can delete the thread since its now cleared up and they did the right thing...

Chino
04-13-2005, 07:26 AM
I tried to deal with them one time item was on back order i cancelled my order got it elsewhere in 3 days and was able to race that weekend. I do not deal with anyone but my local shop anymore because no one else's prices compare to their's.

ohski
04-13-2005, 07:32 AM
Admitted yes, taken care of no… C&D said “You will be taken care of as soon as I have a chance.”

I’m sorry if I ruffle anybodies feathers here but to wait a month and then to have them say yet again “when I have a chance” is unacceptable.

Wade

Rdhanded2
04-13-2005, 09:01 AM
if they overcharged your credit card, why wasn't the $20 credited back to the card. I am a small business owner, as well as work in retail, and can see no excuse for this. I too have had nothing but good experience from them, but as a customer he has every right to be upset. He did not come on here flaming C&D either, just stating a fact and asking for advice. The post back from Silverfox was very defensive and argumenative. I understand wanting to let people know both sides of the situation, but don't accuse him of doing something that he is not doing, attacking your company; that is just bad business. Godd luck to both sides.

jcv400ex
04-13-2005, 09:12 AM
I agree with Wade. I'd want my money back alot sooner than a month. I don't care what anyone says, $20 is $20. That's gas in my truck for a week, etc,etc. Customer service is customer service. I've been in Dusty's shoes, and I would have never make a comment like that to a customer. Everything gets scheduled. JMO.

rooftop-special
04-13-2005, 09:44 AM
Ok, p@Inn3ck pointed out that it has been a month since I placed my order and maybe not a month since we "discovered" the overcharge. I noticed the overcharge the very same day they charged my card. I pollitely called them and they admitted their mistake, witch is top notch!!! Where we had the problem, is in how long it takes to receive the credit. OHSKI brought up a great point. If I underpaid C & D or any other company for that matter by $20 for services/products redered, In no way would they just wait and wait. And then when the company calls to ask about the under payment a month later, you say "well I'm sure I paid the difference, but it will take up to 2 weeks to even open up the check book and see". They would not be very happy to say the least. Companies in general, have legal recource such as collections. The cunsumer in general has none. Especially when things are done by mail a few states away. The only recource I have is to state my experience with C & D here.

And to Silverfox, as Rdhanded pointed out. I never once "bad mouthed your company". I just stated the truth.

As far as why they just could not have credited my card the difference, I don't know. After all, that is how I paid for it. I to own a small business and know that you can credit back. There is a small charge as there is when you process a payment. However that should not matter. a few pennies is not worth making a customer wait for a check in the mail.

Casey

:devil:

zephead400ex
04-13-2005, 10:00 AM
It can take a month or longer to credit money to a credit card. So even if this route was taken by C&D, you would still be in the same boat.

Personally, I think C&D has awesome service which is second-to-none in my dealings with any dealer/part store.

400grl
04-13-2005, 10:06 AM
As an outsider looking in, I can see why the customer would be frustrated. I have also had this happen with other companies....they are quick to charge, but OH SO SLOW to correct a charge error. In this case, I would be just as frustrated. Whether it's $20 or $200.....doesn't matter....it should have been taken care of. If it wasn't, it should be expected that the customer would be frustrated. He has every right to be......just my totally unasked for .02! ;)

Rdhanded2
04-13-2005, 10:27 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by zephead400ex
[B]It can take a month or longer to credit money to a credit card. So even if this route was taken by C&D, you would still be in the same boat.

Just as quick as I can swipe your card or enter your numbers to remove money, I can do the same to refund the money. It does not take a month by any means. Then, their is no hassle with checks and such to save the money of using the credit card machine for the refund.

zephead400ex
04-13-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Rdhanded2
[QUOTE]Originally posted by zephead400ex
[B]It can take a month or longer to credit money to a credit card. So even if this route was taken by C&D, you would still be in the same boat.

Just as quick as I can swipe your card or enter your numbers to remove money, I can do the same to refund the money. It does not take a month by any means. Then, their is no hassle with checks and such to save the money of using the credit card machine for the refund.

Hmmm...the company I work for does take this long...:ermm:

chad502ex
04-13-2005, 11:01 AM
everybody was kung-foo fighting,..... heeeya!

Meet George Jetson!

aka distraction,.,...

gojk
04-13-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
Hmmm...the company I work for does take this long...:ermm:

When I would have to do this it took that long most of the time also. I think it really depends on credit card network that the company is with.

wilkin250r
04-13-2005, 11:17 AM
You know, I had a problem with C&D once. I mean, I called them up, they were extremely helpful, they gave me some advice on my order and options, and they gave me a better price than I could find anywhere, even with shipping included. Also, because I was in a hurry, they packaged and shipped my order the same day, even though I called them at 3:00pm, but they didn't include any stickers! Boy was I upset. :mad:

C&D has pretty good service because they organize their business around the majority of their business; taking orders and shipping parts. They're not a bank, they don't organize their business around personal checks and refunds. Things like that are out of the ordinary, so it's really not surprising they might take a little longer.

I've talked to Dusty on the phone a couple times, she was always nice. I can't imagine her getting defensive and snooty unless she felt she was being personally attacked.

Pappy
04-13-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by gojk
When I would have to do this it took that long most of the time also. I think it really depends on credit card network that the company is with.

this has been my expierence also with credit cards. the old service we had was slowwwww...the new one is immediate or within 24 hours.

every company i have ever dealt with has had issues at one point or another. that doesnt make it right, but all BS aside, thats life. if you hadnt gotton a refund or was told to stick the $20 where the sun dont shine you would have a valid point to open a discussion about the situation.

and i will tell you this, you give me chit and ill drag my feet forever on a problem. welcome to the world.

i get so tired of reading threads where people bash. maybe its the small devil you keep adding under your name that makes me want to believe you are doing this out of spite more so then the concern you would have over this deal.

Derno24
04-13-2005, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
this has been my expierence also with credit cards. the old service we had was slowwwww...the new one is immediate or within 24 hours.

every company i have ever dealt with has had issues at one point or another. that doesnt make it right, but all BS aside, thats life. if you hadnt gotton a refund or was told to stick the $20 where the sun dont shine you would have a valid point to open a discussion about the situation.

and i will tell you this, you give me chit and ill drag my feet forever on a problem. welcome to the world.

i get so tired of reading threads where people bash. maybe its the small devil you keep adding under your name that makes me want to believe you are doing this out of spite more so then the concern you would have over this deal.

Well said Pappy! I have had nothing but great service from C&D. I have had business dealings with many other companies who would have never admitted the mistake or better yet tell you here is a credit for future purchases. Then overcharge you when you went to use the credit.

I know it has been said before, but this is a 2 person operation out at C&D they work their tails off taking care of people. So yeah it might take some time to correct issues, but trust me I know them well enough to say you will be taken care of.

rooftop-special
04-13-2005, 02:18 PM
Pappy,

I beleive I use that devil on all my posts, or at least when I think of it. I think its cool, thats all. Try not to over analize.

Second, I'm not bashing anyone. I just stated MY experience and asked what other poeople thought.

Third, So let me get this straight, the only way I am justified to post a thread was if they told me to go fly a kite{----that an expression, don't over analize that also. Silverfox stated "I said you would get taken care of within a week or two" and "when I have a chance, I'll take care of it". I heard that 2 weeks ago. So lets just say they do get to when they say (up to 2 weeks) and then it takes about a week to get to me. That will have 7 weeks since the problem was first discovered. That is very unreasonable for a $20 check, and I beleive that EVERYONE with the exception of I guess YOU in the same situation would be a little pissed and if they thought of it would post a thread.

And with the credit card, I'm guessing the reason they couldn't refund the card is because they didn't want to pay the transaction fee. I beleive the transaction fee is about 35 cents. If that is the case, a stamp to mail the check is 37 cents. I just don't get it.

I will just wait for my check, when I get it, I'll let everyone know. Its not about the money, but the o so famous "principle"

There is another devil for you

bulkdriverlp
04-13-2005, 02:21 PM
:devil: :devil: :blah:

Rdhanded2
04-13-2005, 02:40 PM
I understand that C & D is an popular company on this sight, and for good reason. They are an awesome company, and I have nothing but good things to say about them. That said, all Rooftop-special stated was what is going on. He is not in any way bashing the company. He came on here, stated his situation, and asked for advise, not personal opinions. I understand that this is the open forum, and opinions are welcome, but some of you are attacking him just because he had a problem with a company that you like. This is not his fault in any way. Personal attacks on somebody from outsiders who have nothing to do with the situation are not warranted, and childish. That said, I too am an outsider am just throwing in my $.02. I just really like this sight, and i like the people who post on here day after day. I came back day after day because I know that if I have a problem, I can ask and someone out there has probably already been through it on their quad and can help. That is all he was asking for....help. Getting mad at someone over nothing makes us all look like we ride yamahas...... and none of us want that. At least I hope not!

Pappy
04-13-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by rooftop-special
Its not about the money, but the o so famous "principle"

like i said, spite.

and this isnt personal or because they are a site sponsor, i just hate seeing things bashed out....with any company. normally things get resolved quick, but most of the time if they are drawn out usually there is a reason....maybe its the principal of dealing with a moronic customer:devil: the ying and yang i geuss you could say:devil:

i would have resolved it by offering you an instore credit or offered to ship you something of the same value etc. if the money was owed and you needed the cash i would have done it immediatley or to the best of my ability.

ofcourse a simple call to your credit card company would have resulted in an immediate call to the store you had issue with and a refund post haste.

dont think im taking a side, im just reading between the lines and getting my own take on what has been posted. and so far my take is that the company in question mistook your side of the situation over the phone as being a d!ck and getting pushy so they delayed the credit. hate to say it but id prolly do the same thing to someone who pissed me off:p

respect carries alot of weight, try using it.(thats to everyone not just the folks with the issue)

450 Racer R
04-13-2005, 05:35 PM
how do you know you were over charged? did they send you a quote for shipping as well? I always get charged a little more than what I'm quoted for and I just always assumed that it was the shipping cost. :confused: Sure it wasn't 20$ to ship? Unless it was on your invoice/receipt. I'd wait another week and call again and see what the deal is. Just keep calling like once a week, or every other week, just to say what's up until you get the check in the mail. It's only 20 dollars, but if it takes more than two months to get a check I'd call a lawyer and see what your options are.

250xridamatt
04-13-2005, 06:51 PM
450 racer. They admitted they overcharged him $20. So its not like he is making it up. And i dont think a lawyer is neccesary for $20. I'm sure they will get it handled.

bansheeguy77
04-13-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
dont think im taking a side, im just reading between the lines and getting my own take on what has been posted. and so far my take is that the company in question mistook your side of the situation over the phone as being a d!ck and getting pushy so they delayed the credit. hate to say it but id prolly do the same thing to someone who pissed me off:p

respect carries alot of weight, try using it.(thats to everyone not just the folks with the issue)

pappy i understand exactly where your coming from. thats the normal person in you. but the problem is when in the office or at work you need to be professional and do your best for the customer. put yourself in their shoes. two wrongs dont make a right unfortunately. so prolonging your mistake is not good business sense nor is it morally correct (in my eyes). ive been in customer service all my life, i know how it feels to screw an order up, have rude customers, have people scream at me because other co workers screwed their stuff up. just cause they give you lip you cant be rude to them. correct it and get them off your back.

now in no way shape or form am i dissing C&D or implying that this is what is going on within the company. i am very greatful for what they do for the site and members. seems they have been nothing but helpful to 99% of their customers. and there is always one that goes wrong or takes longer. but then stuff like this happens, but just take care of the problem asap. treat them how you would want to be treated.

just stating my opinion and views mainly on pappys response.

Pappy
04-13-2005, 08:56 PM
i agree mike, but when the customer starts making threats and informs you he will make threads to ruin your company ...i think at that point the gloves are off.

the internet is profound in that a single post can reach so many people. if its 100% truth or not is the question, especially in a situation that can be distorted. in that respect i hate the internets freedom. im all for fair play and honesty, but that is seldom seen on the forum pages(more like half truths and inuendos)

the internet allows unresticted freedoms that are good, but they can be so abused.

this thread is done, i called C &D and they assured me he is being taken care of. if for some reason he is not he can contact me and i will get in the middle of it.