PDA

View Full Version : LT250r...wont run right

learjet45xp
04-12-2005, 10:06 AM
I picked up an old '89 LT250r. The guy said it needed a CDI box to run right.....I happen to have had a good CDI around so I slapped it on and it still runs like crap. It will start just fine...it will even idle ok..and it has spark. However....you can mash the throttle to full and it will just sputter and whatnot...never really run right or even get very high RPMs. The carb adjustments don't seem to really do that much for it. If you hold the gas down long enough it will briefly start to run at high RPM. Im not sure if something in the timing is off or what the deal is. Also...there is a very small crack in the seam of the pipe...right where the expansion chamber is. Would that cause a big problem? Thanks for the help.

bradley300
04-12-2005, 10:11 AM
take off the airbox lid, if it runs better, then the main jet is too big

raptorrider686
04-12-2005, 06:55 PM
Ya try and re-jet it. That might work. My neighbors machine is set up so it boggs if you dont get the rpm's up. So it could be that. Or try the clutch weights.

AndreS
04-18-2005, 01:48 PM
check your reeds... that's exactly how mine acted when i had a broken reed.

AndreS
04-18-2005, 01:52 PM
also, pull the flywheel, the screws on the stator could have backed out... happened on a friend's quad... it acted the same too.

Jake250ex
04-21-2005, 10:26 AM
the same thing happened to me.... the guy traded me a race ready 91 ltR for my stock 250ex becasue it wasnt running right. I took it home and checked the reeds and the air filter screw had actually came off and was sticking throught the reeds keeping them open.

My advice : get a new sparkplug, and get new reeds> That wont cost much