PDA

View Full Version : Clutch/Tranny Problem

learjet45xp
04-12-2005, 09:50 AM
I was recently riding my R when the clutch handle had a part break. I rigged something up in the field and kept on riding. Everything seemed alright for a few hours. Then as I was going down the road in 5th it would jump out of gear for a second. Then....I couldn't even get it out of 5th. Finally I got it where it would move through the gears again...so I could head back to the truck. When I finally arrived back at my truck it started making this awful noise from the bottom end. It only makes it when the clutch is engaged....doesn't matter if its in neutral or not. So im hoping this is a clutch problem and not shift forks or gears. I would appreciate anyones opinion on what could be wrong here. Thanks :)

learjet45xp
04-12-2005, 01:59 PM
I took the right case off and inspected the clutch...i believe the service limit is about .112 in or so....most of the plates seem pretty close to that...however im not sure if this is my main problem...does anyone know what the measurements are on new plates? Also....I haven't taken off the basket yet...but there seems to be some free play in it left and right...is that normal? Also...when I turn it..it makes some noise...not bad....but just noise. Should that whole system have 0 free play? Any help is appreciated. Thank you