PDA

View Full Version : Tire balls

DeerNuts
04-11-2005, 10:08 PM
I guess this has happened to some of you before, but this is the first time for me.

Anyway, I heard something rattling by the left front tire when I was riding today. So not knowing quite for sure what it was, I put the EX up on the bikestand and spun the wheel. Sure enough, the tire had tire balls in it! I guess what happens is moisture forms inside the tire and mixes with the rubber inside to somehow form little balls:confused: Seemed kinda odd to me. My bro was like, yep, you gotta case of the tire balls.

Guess this isnt something that will just go away is it? Its annoying listening to the rattling.

JOEX
04-11-2005, 10:42 PM
Real Tire Balls (http://www.tireballs.com/TBapps.htm) :)
What you're hearing is either pieces of rubber, dirt or other substances that have worked their way around the bead. If you can hear them while riding you aint goin' fast enough:o :p

DeerNuts
04-12-2005, 07:50 AM
Yeah but the ones I got were for free. Will they keep my tire from going flat???:p

Real tire balls are expensive!!!

TC426EX
04-12-2005, 08:20 AM
Those little balls in your tires shouldnt affect your tire performance man... Theyre just an annoyance, thats all...

DeerNuts
04-12-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by TC426EX
Those little balls in your tires shouldnt affect your tire performance man... Theyre just an annoyance, thats all...

Well of course they wont affect performance. I know that.

Ive never had them before. Have any of you??

Dave400ex
04-12-2005, 09:17 PM
Mine did that when I used the stock rims. Either stuff would get in them, or the glue comes off of the stock tires. They don't do that now with the shamrocks...

<DRS>GPF
04-13-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by DeerNuts

oh yea.. i get them alot, but i run my tire pressure fairly low so ill get mud balls and pieces of bark in them.... nuthin to do but break the beads and take them out if it bothers me enough.. :ermm:

JOEX
04-13-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by DeerNuts

So, you just now got some balls?:eek: :devil: