PDA

View Full Version : honda 250r vs. blaster

ORI
04-11-2005, 09:48 PM
Who do you think would win ona drag? How much mods would the blaster have to have to keep up with the 250r?

Quiksilver01
04-11-2005, 10:11 PM
250r

Tom TRX250R
04-11-2005, 11:22 PM
No offense bud, but that is an ingnorant question to ask. The blaster is too small and is air cooled! I raced my friends blaster with a 240 kit, Dave moore port/polish/ 34mm Keihn carb, high compression head, decked cylinder, with Toomey pipe and silencer and I ate him alive! Though I do have a "few" mods on my R:devil:

bradley300
04-12-2005, 08:30 AM
a stock r wouldnt take as much to beat as everyone thinks, but unless your in some type of sport class it wont matter. it would be pointless to build a blaster just so you can beat something that is faster and handles better anyway

flyin#5
04-12-2005, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Tom TRX250R
No offense bud, but that is an ingnorant question to ask. The blaster is too small and is air cooled! I raced my friends blaster with a 240 kit, Dave moore port/polish/ 34mm Keihn carb, high compression head, decked cylinder, with Toomey pipe and silencer and I ate him alive! Though I do have a "few" mods on my R:devil:

right.... 240kit? so what, 240 kits dont add much. dave moore p&p.... who the hell is dave moore? high compression head? what do you mean? is the gasket surface milled off the head and the cylinder? or does he have a fully rechambered head?

there are a lot of blasters that im sure are more powerfull than your friends engine.

300ex-boy
04-12-2005, 04:25 PM
Are you just doin this to get some attention??? YOU GOT TO BE JOKING!

Yes, any quad could be made to beat another, its just not sensible. who would want to put 15 grand into a blaster just to have it finally beat a 250r????? might as well buy the 250r and beat the next quad up the line!!!!!!

04-12-2005, 05:03 PM
r u dumg...common a 250r vs blaster:ermm: hmmm lets see

ORI
04-12-2005, 05:34 PM
ya sorry, i didnt know. But, how much are those 250r's going for? Im gunna sell my blaster and get one of those,

04-12-2005, 06:00 PM
depends on what ur lookin for....

ORI
04-12-2005, 07:08 PM
how much would it be for one that has been rode awhile, and that has the normal scratches and faded plastic. do you think i would beable to find one for $1500?

chazekxt
04-12-2005, 08:38 PM
good luck. on a good 250r for 1500.00 around here the 86 s go for 2500.00 to 3000.00

Tom TRX250R
04-13-2005, 04:22 PM
Flyin#5, First off I dont like your ****ty attitude 2) 240 kits help the Blaster motor a lot compared to stock, I have ridden both! 3) Dave Moore is an excellent motor builder that is known for building quick *** bikes and even builds custom frames, 3) cylinder is decked with head milled, and honestly I don't give a flying **** if someone does have a faster blaster motor than my friends because I told him he was pissing his money away in the wind anyways with such a small pathetic bike. Blasters are too small to waste money on. I would rather start with something bigger that handles better like a 250R or 400ex.

LuckyOxygen
04-14-2005, 06:13 PM
Flyin#5, First off I dont like your ****ty attitude 2) 240 kits help the Blaster motor a lot compared to stock, I have ridden both! 3) Dave Moore is an excellent motor builder that is known for building quick *** bikes and even builds custom frames, 3) cylinder is decked with head milled, and honestly I don't give a flying **** if someone does have a faster blaster motor than my friends because I told him he was pissing his money away in the wind anyways with such a small pathetic bike. Blasters are too small to waste money on. I would rather start with something bigger that handles better like a 250R or 400ex.

Get a job and get a 450

yellow400ex05
04-14-2005, 06:40 PM
Are you kiddin me lmgdao!!!!! a 250r vs a wimpy blaster!!!

My big bro had a 1980 something Honda 250r and he dragged someone and he was pushing 90 mph! It wasn't fully topped out but almost. He was on a dusty gravel lane and he was going so fast he slid in a turn and hit a tree and flipped over the bars. nothing was even wrong with the R but my bro had a broken wrist.

flyin#5
04-15-2005, 12:15 PM
i dont give a **** what you think of my attitude. i was simply stating the facts. you cant compare a 250r vs only 1 built blaster.. because some are faster than others.

obviously you dont know anything at all, a simple bore to a 240 doesnt do much for power. once you get correct porting, port timing, head design and some other things you will see a lot of gains in a 240. sorry i dont know who dave moore is, but why would he mill the gasket surface off the head, and then mill it off the jug gasket surface? why not just take it all off the head? i think your the cocky one with the 250r, sorry, im sure you know everything since you probably have more experience with 2 strokes than me... :rolleyes:

MichaelS693
04-20-2005, 08:03 PM
im sorry but i believe my blaster may take a 250.. not completely sure though.. if it wouldnt beat one it sure as hell would run with the best of them:)

Myrtle150
04-21-2005, 01:42 PM
simply put....building up a blaster is just a HUGE waste of money. They handle like crap and pretty much are crap no matter what you do to them. I learned this after puttin $2200 into mine. I sold that p.o.s. and Ive been much more happy with my 400...Oh and even if you can find a blaster that can beat a 250, it will never out handle it

chazekxt
04-21-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Myrtle150
simply put....building up a blaster is just a HUGE waste of money. They handle like crap and pretty much are crap no matter what you do to them. I learned this after puttin $2200 into mine. I sold that p.o.s. and Ive been much more happy with my 400...Oh and even if you can find a blaster that can beat a 250, it will never out handle it LMAO

flyin#5
04-21-2005, 08:30 PM
ill admit my blaster pisses me off and every time i say screw it, im going for a 450r. then i re-read a post like this and it changes my mind again, thanks.

since you people dont get it, lets try this: three cars are drag racing, 2 new mustangs, one stock, one with intake, exhaust.. ect. then there is a geo metro with a v6 supercharged engine. the modded mustang and the metro are neck and neck, and finish up in a tie. who walks out of the car with a bigger smile on their face?

thats an easy question, the guy in the pos geo metro. why do you people have 400ex's when they obvioiusly cant compete worth crap with 450's? what happens when you start digging into the motor, finding ways to make them fast... then you start ripping up 450's and the little rich boys start crying because you beat them on there "faster" quad? you get the satisfaction of saying- "i built it, and i kicked a 450's ***". its all about going for the bigger dog, take them down and maybe you get some respect. blasters arent the greatest quad out there, but look around and you'll find some that are flat out amazing. ive built them from the ground up, milling heads, using edm machines to fully redesign the head, adding base spacers, porting, guesetting, painting, polishing, welding. ive got more experience out of my blaster than i could imagine. i hop on for a quick spin and i always have a smile on my face... its a tiny blaster, with 30hp and has no problem keeping up with piped 400's. i didnt go buy that power, and most of it wasnt bolted on. its from research, design, and knowing how to get it done.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Flyin5/S4200436.jpg

Birddogg
04-21-2005, 10:20 PM
Then you try to sell the metro or the blaster and you take a beating. Not knocking you in any way. I built a 300ex back when the 400ex first came out. Sure it would smoke the 400 but, it had the life of a grenade with the pin pulled. I ended up with a 400 cause it was reliable and my 300 was not. Trying to compare a blaster to a 250R is like dating a pig hoping that someday she will be a hottie.

Tom TRX250R
04-21-2005, 11:10 PM
Flyin5 I am simply stating the fact that Blasters are not worth the time or money to put into them. Just because you can't handle a bigger quad doesn't mean you need to get worked up on the internet!! Calm down tough guy and go ride your lightning fast blaster!!

:rolleyes:

Get Real!! No matter what you do to a blaster it still won't be worth a ****!!!WASTE OF MONEY!!! Where as modding out an R you at least have a good base to start with that can actually handle the power and still give great handling. Building up a fast blaster and comparing to a 250R is like comparing an R1 to a scooter with a hayabusa motor in it and saying my bike is faster than yours. If you don't have the complete package of power,handling, braking, etc. then it doesn't mean chit!!!

blaster_rider68
04-22-2005, 09:09 AM
i like my blaster and all but i love the 250r........im gonna sell my blaster one day and buy one...,as for handling with the blaster it does handle like chit,it also sucks cuz you have to shift every 5 seconds:ermm: blasters get thier arses wiped by 250r's,i also dont like the stock suspension on the blaster cuz it bottoms out so easy(worst suspension in the world)

so ya 250r's are better no matter which way you look at it:cool:

Quadude32
04-22-2005, 09:16 AM
250R would win.......$1500 for a "R" Good luck if you do find one for that price i'd bet ya it's a P.O.S:blah:

chazekxt
04-22-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by flyin#5
ill admit my blaster pisses me off and every time i say screw it, im going for a 450r. then i re-read a post like this and it changes my mind again, thanks.

since you people dont get it, lets try this: three cars are drag racing, 2 new mustangs, one stock, one with intake, exhaust.. ect. then there is a geo metro with a v6 supercharged engine. the modded mustang and the metro are neck and neck, and finish up in a tie. who walks out of the car with a bigger smile on their face?

thats an easy question, the guy in the pos geo metro. why do you people have 400ex's when they obvioiusly cant compete worth crap with 450's? what happens when you start digging into the motor, finding ways to make them fast... then you start ripping up 450's and the little rich boys start crying because you beat them on there "faster" quad? you get the satisfaction of saying- "i built it, and i kicked a 450's ***". its all about going for the bigger dog, take them down and maybe you get some respect. blasters arent the greatest quad out there, but look around and you'll find some that are flat out amazing. ive built them from the ground up, milling heads, using edm machines to fully redesign the head, adding base spacers, porting, guesetting, painting, polishing, welding. ive got more experience out of my blaster than i could imagine. i hop on for a quick spin and i always have a smile on my face... its a tiny blaster, with 30hp and has no problem keeping up with piped 400's. i didnt go buy that power, and most of it wasnt bolted on. its from research, design, and knowing how to get it done.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Flyin5/S4200436.jpg well said. thats why iam modding the hell out of my blaster..

blaster_rider68
04-22-2005, 09:54 AM
ya i dont think you can find a decent 250r for 1500.......they will tend to be around like 2500 or so

flyin#5
04-22-2005, 01:17 PM
Flyin5 I am simply stating the fact that Blasters are not worth the time or money to put into them. Just because you can't handle a bigger quad doesn't mean you need to get worked up on the internet!! Calm down tough guy and go ride your lightning fast blaster!!

:rolleyes:

Get Real!! No matter what you do to a blaster it still won't be worth a ****!!!WASTE OF MONEY!!! Where as modding out an R you at least have a good base to start with that can actually handle the power and still give great handling. Building up a fast blaster and comparing to a 250R is like comparing an R1 to a scooter with a hayabusa motor in it and saying my bike is faster than yours. If you don't have the complete package of power,handling, braking, etc. then it doesn't mean chit!!!

you are a complete idiot. i cant handle a bigger quad:confused: actually i had a 400ex when i was 12, and i ride other people's 400's 450's, banshee's... ect. all the time. but again, im sure your much better on your 250r, ill just be sitting here waiting for pics of you doing supermans like i can on my "not worth the money" blaster. even though there isnt much into it because we did all the work ourselves.. where as you on the other hand are probably like all the other big bad boys on r's and ex's... bolt off, bolt on. send out, bolt on. big deal, anyone should be able to do that.

dont be shy to post a pic of your 250r either.

whoever said that there built 300ex was like a grenade doenst know what they are doing. built engines can be reliable as long as you maintain them. of course pushing twice the hp out of the same motor will make parts wear faster, but if you throwing pistons in left and right something is definetly wrong. hopefully you dont decide to take your 400ex engine apart.

Birddogg
04-22-2005, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by chazekxt
well said. thats why iam modding the hell out of my blaster.. Wish I had that kind of money to throw away.:D

Birddogg
04-23-2005, 12:06 AM
Flyin#5 I never said anything about throwing pistons left and right. Guess you missed it along with my name. What "whoever" said was you can build anything into whatever you want it to be. Wheather or not it's the right way to go about it is totally up to you. I don't own the 400 anymore, I sold it to make the down payment on my house. The guy that got my 400 got a sweet bike. I still see my old 300 every now and then and it still hauls. You want to question my mechanical ability? You better hit the books kid. I've forgotten more than you know. I don't buy quads or bikes to wrench on them all the time, I work 15 hours a day. I want to ride. I'm not trying to be the azzhole here, But you know as well as I know that you can't push anything that far beyond it's limitations and expect it to be reliable.

flyin#5
04-24-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Birddogg
Flyin#5 I never said anything about throwing pistons left and right. Guess you missed it along with my name. What "whoever" said was you can build anything into whatever you want it to be. Wheather or not it's the right way to go about it is totally up to you. I don't own the 400 anymore, I sold it to make the down payment on my house. The guy that got my 400 got a sweet bike. I still see my old 300 every now and then and it still hauls. You want to question my mechanical ability? You better hit the books kid. I've forgotten more than you know. I don't buy quads or bikes to wrench on them all the time, I work 15 hours a day. I want to ride. I'm not trying to be the azzhole here, But you know as well as I know that you can't push anything that far beyond it's limitations and expect it to be reliable.

yes actually, id love to question your mechanical ability. im happy that you have a house and work 15 hours a day.. but dont act like your better than me for it. i go to school for 8 hours, then work 4 hours after that, then hw, and somehow work on our 4 quads, and countless others. i know for a fact if you properly know how to setup a motor for a higher hp it can still be relativly reliable. but then again, its all how you ride it as well. if your out there constantly pushing 8 grand whenever you ride then its going to fade quicker. correct jetting, compression tests, air leak tests, and just routine maintenace will help keep a worked motor in working order.

Birddogg
04-24-2005, 07:03 PM
Key words are "relatively reliable" and I never said I was better than anyone did I? And yes I am a bit heavy on the throttle. I never built anything just to say I had it. If you're not riding it for all its worth what's the point? I'm glad you have all this time to play with your bike. I wish I did. By the way, when I was in high school I worked from 3 to 10 every night+ weekends. I feel your pain bro.

87250rxrider
04-25-2005, 01:55 PM
i came to visit this section of atvriders, and b/c i don't own any of the quads in this section, i never come to this area of the site. now that i am on it for a few min, i noticed something that really annoyed me. actually, its a someone, not a something. flyin#5, you really manage to piss me off! you talk about your blaster like its the $hit, and the best thing out there. you may know how to do motor work, and i can tell you like to motor your mouth. i know from experience that quads, like a blaster are a waste of money. how much money did you put into your blaster? i have a 250r that will out run your blaster anyday, and i probably spent less money on it than you did your blaster. i also built my R from ground up, and know every moving part on it. my R has at least 2x the horse power of your blaster. i want to see if you liek the way i'm putting you down, like you enjoy putting other people down. next time use your brain, and think before you speak! i don't know you in real life, and the way you brag, i wouldn't want to. go work on your blaster, and maybe another $5,000 later it will be able to compete with a 250r. go look at you blaster and think to yourself that it will never be worth all the money your putting into it. i'm done bashing now, b/c maybe you will finally understand. :rolleyes:

BTW, i don't want this to turn into a bash fest, so flyin#5, please cut it out. your no better than the rest of us!:o

XANDADA
04-25-2005, 02:40 PM
I herby nominate this entire thread for "worste thread of the year" lmfgdao:ermm:

chazekxt
04-25-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by 87250rxrider
i came to visit this section of atvriders, and b/c i don't own any of the quads in this section, i never come to this area of the site. now that i am on it for a few min, i noticed something that really annoyed me. actually, its a someone, not a something. flyin#5, you really manage to piss me off! you talk about your blaster like its the $hit, and the best thing out there. you may know how to do motor work, and i can tell you like to motor your mouth. i know from experience that quads, like a blaster are a waste of money. how much money did you put into your blaster? i have a 250r that will out run your blaster anyday, and i probably spent less money on it than you did your blaster. i also built my R from ground up, and know every moving part on it. my R has at least 2x the horse power of your blaster. i want to see if you liek the way i'm putting you down, like you enjoy putting other people down. next time use your brain, and think before you speak! i don't know you in real life, and the way you brag, i wouldn't want to. go work on your blaster, and maybe another $5,000 later it will be able to compete with a 250r. go look at you blaster and think to yourself that it will never be worth all the money your putting into it. i'm done bashing now, b/c maybe you will finally understand. :rolleyes:

BTW, i don't want this to turn into a bash fest, so flyin#5, please cut it out. your no better than the rest of us!:o who the hell u think u are just because u have a 250r u ever seen hwd long rod 240 blaster runn?

87250rxrider
04-25-2005, 06:10 PM
hey, chazekxt, i'm not dissing you any. i'm just trying to stop the bashing with the other guys, by making flyin#5, have a little bit of his own crap he gives other people. i do hope a moderator locks this thread, b/c it flyin#5 turned it into a bash fest on everybody else. i'm not dissing the blaster, but rather the person. i have a friend who races a blaster, and have nothing against it. BTW,
chazekxt, i have seen a long rod 240 blaster run... they are fast, don't get me wrong, but they don't compete with many 250r's. blaster's have their place, but in a race with a 250r, is not their place to be.

chazekxt
04-25-2005, 07:04 PM
i also hope they lock this down too.

yfz450rider29
04-26-2005, 12:48 PM
It depends on the rider....i have truthfully saw a blaster beat a 250R in a drag....Believe it or not. And the motor was still 200cc's...Now i knwo i will here sh1t but i saw it....and the guy on the 250r was not a bad rider but he wasnt as good as the other guy...and then they switched and then the guy that won on the blaster won on the 250R...only so much is the bike the rest is up ot the rider.

300ex13
04-26-2005, 03:09 PM
do you really have to ask this kind of question??? R by faR

flyin#5
04-26-2005, 05:05 PM
i made this into a battle? :huh in every post i have made valid points, and people just kept bashing blasters... i wont just sit here and listen to that crap, i hear it all the time.

87250r- i have about 2.5-4 grand into my blaster, including replacement parts buying cost... and that sort of stuff. in reality its about a 7-8 grand blaster (in mods only) if all the work wasnt done ourselves. i wouldnt be putting that kind of money into this thing, heck.. i didnt expect to put anything except some work into it when i got it two years ago. i expected to sell it for a 400ex. but ive always liked a challenge of beating people with them thinking they will walk all over you... so what the hell, i modded out my blaster. and i dont really see you giving me a taste of my own medicine.. but sure, if it makes you feel better. i would hope your worked R would have more hp (although its not twice, but good analogy) than my blaster, its common sence. after we get both our blasters built then we might find an old R and restore/mod it out. again, i would just like to thank you for that awesome post.. i mean it was really super duper.

Birddogg
04-26-2005, 10:23 PM
I'm out, there is just no getting thru to you is there? You can just go on with your bad self dumping every dime your parents give you into that turd. When ma and pa's golden tit drys out, and you wonder why nobody else thinks the way you do, you might be grown up enough to help. You seem to be in denial.

flyin#5
04-27-2005, 12:59 PM
I'm out, there is just no getting thru to you is there? You can just go on with your bad self dumping every dime your parents give you into that turd. When ma and pa's golden tit drys out, and you wonder why nobody else thinks the way you do, you might be grown up enough to help. You seem to be in denial.

what? every argument you have makes no sence. i dont put *** loads of money into my blaster, its got about the same amount into it as you pay for your quads... thats not a lot. like i said, i wouldnt put a TON of money into a blaster. we can do the work ourselves.. so i dont even see what your trying to get acrossed to me? and i pay for all my own stuff, thanks:)

jeffdunn
04-27-2005, 01:24 PM
you 250r guys really think that you are joe balls :rolleyes:

i bet you aolt of blasters could beet your 250Rs including my blaster:blah:

extremeblaster0
04-27-2005, 01:55 PM

LMAO...from looking at your sig, doesn't look like you have anything to stand a chance against his blaster...

People spend money on there quad because they feel like it, You or I may not agree with it but they do..Why do people put tons of money into xr50's to make them look good or go a little faster..seems useless right..

87250rxrider
04-27-2005, 02:14 PM
i myself, am not dissing the blaster at all, but rather some of the people on this site that come out and diss others b/c they feel like it. i'm only doing it to make a point to some of these people that you don't have to put down others to make your point.

exrider200
04-27-2005, 03:51 PM
250rs suck the ding dong all they do is break get a real quad a shee or a 450

Eddiesanders250
04-27-2005, 04:08 PM
250rs only break if you dont maintain them. I no for a fact that there is not a blaster that can beat me 250R. Im sorry, but the 250R is way faster thatn any blaster. There is no way that a blaster even comes close to a 250R. My brother has a fully stock 2005 blaster and his bike tops out at my third gear. the 250R will beat any blaster!

jeffdunn
04-27-2005, 04:10 PM
anyone else notice he said stock blaster?? :rolleyes:

add a portin job, stroker carb and pipe and sum otha **** and it wouldnt be far behind.....hehehe my setup would eat you alive

exrider200
04-27-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Eddiesanders250
250rs only break if you dont maintain them. I no for a fact that there is not a blaster that can beat me 250R. Im sorry, but the 250R is way faster thatn any blaster. There is no way that a blaster even comes close to a 250R. My brother has a fully stock 2005 blaster and his bike tops out at my third gear. the 250R will beat any blaster!

Yes and quad will break if its not maintained, and a fullly stock blaster? yah thats not even a contesets of course the r will take it. but all u guys basing the blaster are idiots, i bet 90% of u have never ridden 1

i know of some blasters that will rip some rs a new one

Macadoo355
04-27-2005, 04:14 PM
Im not very into quads but I know my friend has a blaster and its prety fast, ive seen 250r's go to there also fast. If i had to put moneyt down id say a blaster but thats me. All i know its a yz450f would beet both of them and thats my next move from a 250.:p

extremeblaster0
04-27-2005, 04:15 PM
lol..thats a stock blaster..theres big bores, and porting and a lot of shist to be had on the blaster..

What do you you think of a 260 blaster with a 6mm stroker making it a 290, with CPI Inframe drag pipe, and running on alky..you think it will beat your R...LMAO..and yes there is one..its built by cpcustoms.

Quiksilver01
04-27-2005, 04:33 PM
this thread is so dumb.... like someone on this sight said already arguing over the internet is like winning the special olympics it doesnt matter youre still retarded

87250rxrider
04-27-2005, 04:43 PM
i fully agree with Quiksilver01! this is pointless, and i just have one thing left to say.... 250R ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!:devil:

jeffdunn
04-27-2005, 04:46 PM
your just jealous becouse my blaster is faster and proby 3.4 the price :D :blah:

Quiksilver01
04-27-2005, 04:53 PM
ya youre right i would much rather have a piece of crap yamaha then my honda :D

jeffdunn
04-27-2005, 04:55 PM
dude just shut up you have a 250ex.....enough said:blah:

Quiksilver01
04-27-2005, 04:58 PM
ya i actually like to ride my quad not fix it all the time but youve been here alot longer than i have and know so much more than me im sorry

jeffdunn
04-27-2005, 05:01 PM
who fixes their quad all the time?? i havent said anything about how much i work on my quad :blah: my third gear would blow you away:macho

extremeblaster0
04-27-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by jeffdunn
who fixes their quad all the time?? i havent said anything about how much i work on my quad :blah: my third gear would blow you away:macho
LMAO your so right..

that 250ex don't have a lick on my blaster...haha..Thats so funny, you can't even compare the two..

I don't fix on my blaster all the time, only when I'm fixing to make it faster:eek2:

Quiksilver01
04-27-2005, 05:05 PM
you have a freakin blaster!!!!!! im done arguin with a complete idiot

extremeblaster0
04-27-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Quiksilver01
you have a freakin blaster!!!!!! im done arguin with a complete idiot
and you have a 250ex 4-stroke...HAHA...DUDE my blaster smokes piped 400ex's..You don't even know what I have done to my blaster...LMAO...I drag 400ex's all the time..

Like already said, I'd beat you in 3rd gear HAHA

Yeh just run along...I'm allergic to retards:rolleyes: :D

jeffdunn
04-27-2005, 05:10 PM
oo ya i know i better watch out i never noticed how modded out your 250ex is:eek2:
dam i meen do you really have to spend that much money...jeeze extended pegs?? nerf bars??? now your gunna fly by 450s because you cut them fenders :rolleyes:

extremeblaster0
04-27-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by jeffdunn
oo ya i know i better watch out i never noticed how modded out your 250ex is:eek2:
dam i meen do you really have to spend that much money...jeeze extended pegs?? nerf bars??? now your gunna fly by 450s because you cut them fenders :rolleyes:
wait don't forget the relocated ignition and "other stuff"..thats adds some HP...I wonder how much stickers he's got on that thing:eek2: :devil:

Quiksilver01
04-27-2005, 05:18 PM
my rich parents arent buyin everythin for me im not as lucky as all you guys

extremeblaster0
04-27-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Quiksilver01
my rich parents arent buyin everythin for me im not as lucky as all you guys
so are you admitting that our blaster is better than 250ex..I hope so because it is..

My parents are rich, far from it..I save up my money and do what I have to do to my quad..takes months and months, especially my motor work..

But yes I'll admit my dad bought my quad, but we bought it brand new in 01 and we payed payments on it..

I bought all my modifications.

jeffdunn
04-27-2005, 05:28 PM
please dont start with that ****...i worked my *** off for my quad and mods.....luckily i started talking with someone that happened to have alot of extra parts including a built motor that he sold me for cheap money:D

yellow400ex05
04-27-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by extremeblaster0
and you have a 250ex 4-stroke...HAHA...DUDE my blaster smokes piped 400ex's..You don't even know what I have done to my blaster...LMAO...I drag 400ex's all the time..

Like already said, I'd beat you in 3rd gear HAHA

Yeh just run along...I'm allergic to retards:rolleyes: :D

So your saying your allergic to yourself?:eek:

Don't be dissing us people with 250ex's at least we don't have to rebuild the top end every year!!! And 250ex's can go fast too you just have to put time and money into it! I can imagine a stock 250ex blow your blaster away because ur engine blows up lmao!!!!

exrider200
04-27-2005, 06:12 PM
EB I agree QuickSilver would smoke u in a race LOL just stop arguing lol:macho

LOL NOT Quicksilver ur cracking me up here lol my fricken trailblazer would rip u a new 1

chazekxt
04-27-2005, 06:15 PM
250rs only break if you dont maintain them. I no for a fact that there is not a blaster that can beat me 250R. Im sorry, but the 250R is way faster thatn any blaster. There is no way that a blaster even comes close to a 250R. My brother has a fully stock 2005 blaster and his bike tops out at my third gear. the 250R will beat any blaster! then u never seen any fast blasters then.

Quadman250R
04-27-2005, 06:20 PM
talk about an argue fest....

to the guy who started this thread....maybe look for a suzuki 250r there a little more affordable and to some riders they feel better than a honda 250r.

badass250r
04-27-2005, 06:25 PM
all right guys here we go i HAVE a blaster and HAD a 250r they both are SWEET quads, im trying to find a video of cp customs blaster EATING a moded banshee alive so i know some blaster will eat some 250r's just stop who gives a damn im a bhq supporter but guys come on and grow up who care as long as your having fun right

Macadoo355
04-27-2005, 06:58 PM
Does anyone know how a suzuki quadzilla "lt500r" would do up to a honda 250r?

exrider200
04-27-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Macadoo355
Does anyone know how a suzuki quadzilla "lt500r" would do up to a honda 250r?

It would rip it a new 1

extremeblaster0
04-27-2005, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Yellow250ex04
So your saying your allergic to yourself?:eek:

Don't be dissing us people with 250ex's at least we don't have to rebuild the top end every year!!! And 250ex's can go fast too you just have to put time and money into it! I can imagine a stock 250ex blow your blaster away because ur engine blows up lmao!!!!

OMG you are so dilusional, I don't have to rebuild my top end every winter..If you know anything about your quad, you would good oil and fine tune your quad, if you do you shouldn't blow a top end for awhile..

You would NEVER beat me in a drag race..I'd lay a 100 bucks on a drag that I'd just leave you like you were standing still..You have no idea..I beat piped 400's no problem, so why do you think you would have a chance..

go to www.cpcustoms.com to see some videos of a blaster beating some quads.

exrider200
04-28-2005, 04:57 AM
Lol eb ud take it in 1st gear

bradley300
04-28-2005, 06:46 AM
WHO F*CKING CARES! NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, THERE IS ALWAYS A FASTER QUAD SO EVERYONE QUIT YOUR GOD DAMN *****ING! PEOPLE ON HERE ARE JUST WORKING WITH WHAT THEY HAVE AND WHAT THEY LIKE SO EVERYONE JUST NEEDS TO SHUT UP! I HAVE A BLASTER WITH AN *** LOAD OF MONEY IN IT, IT HANDELS GREAT, RIDES SMOOTH AND IS ONLY 200CC AND ITS ALRREADY FASTER THAN MY 350EX, WHICH WAS JUST AS FAST AS A PIPED 4000EX.

HOW ABOUT EVERYONE TRY TO STATE A VALID OPINION THAT IS'NT JUST MADE UP BECAUSE OF HAT YOUVE HEARD ABOUT A QUAD. BLASTER CAN BE MADE EXTREMELY FAST, MY 255CC BIG BORE/STROKER WILL HAVE I GARUNTEE 45 HP, WHICH WILL SMOKE A MILD MODDED 250R OR 400EX. JUST REMEBER, BLSTERS MIGHT BE SLOW, BUT SO ARE 250R'S! RIDDLE ME THIS, WHAT 250CC RACE QUAD ALWAYS GOT SMOKED IN DRAG RACES AGAINST THE OTHER 250'S? THE HONDA SO IN A DRAG RACE, MAYBE THE 250R ISNT QUITE WHAT ITS CRACKED UP TO BE

RIDE WHAT YOU WANT, NOT WHAT EVERYONE THINKS YOU SHOULD

VT250X
04-28-2005, 07:52 AM
Hi I'm new here, but let me tell you what I have witnessed personally. My friend Josh has an 88 250R. It's piped, .40 over, Delta force reeds and vented airbox. Not much done, but more than capable. A bunch of friends got together and decided to drag to see who had the faster quad (or the best skills). All of these guys had been riding quads and dirtbikes their whole lives and 4 of the 5 had raced for more than one season. Josh took every one of them with his 250R. this is what happened...

Brand new YFZ450 - Stock...lost

90 something Yamaha Banshee - Piped, Delta Force Reeds and air filter...lost

Bomb DS650 - Piped...never stood a chance

2003 Raptor - Piped, jetted air filter...lost

What does it all mean? Nothing. The slowest quad (DS650) was behind about 4 quad lengths. Converted into time it was a difference of about a little more than a second between all of them. The drag took place on a paved back road. Not sure about the total distance, but I know it went from mailbox to mailbox :)

LM

extremeblaster0
04-28-2005, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by VT250X
Hi I'm new here, but let me tell you what I have witnessed personally. My friend Josh has an 88 250R. It's piped, .40 over, Delta force reeds and vented airbox. Not much done, but more than capable. A bunch of friends got together and decided to drag to see who had the faster quad (or the best skills). All of these guys had been riding quads and dirtbikes their whole lives and 4 of the 5 had raced for more than one season. Josh took every one of them with his 250R. this is what happened...

Brand new YFZ450 - Stock...lost

90 something Yamaha Banshee - Piped, Delta Force Reeds and air filter...lost

Bomb DS650 - Piped...never stood a chance

2003 Raptor - Piped, jetted air filter...lost

What does it all mean? Nothing. The slowest quad (DS650) was behind about 4 quad lengths. Converted into time it was a difference of about a little more than a second between all of them. The drag took place on a paved back road. Not sure about the total distance, but I know it went from mailbox to mailbox :)

LM
my buddies 250r is ported has a ESR pipe and ESR clamp on filter kit and reeds I think, the phocker is fast, but the rider isn't that good of a rider, I raced him on my dads Raptor which has a CT pipe, hot cams 1,K&N fitler no lid and re-geared and I took him by like 1 front wheel with the raptor..And his R was fugging up, the case is craked a little and was leaking oil..If I raced the R I beat I could have taken my dads raptor..

R's can be fast but thats can be, and after you do what you need to do to them..

exrider200
04-28-2005, 12:34 PM
Comon guys all your looking at is speed here. I mean the blasters been around for 17yrs and there only leaving because of the goverment. The 250r was made for what 1,2,3,4,5 yrs? Why>? myabe cause they found defects and they flat out sucked maybe, hmmmmmm just maybe. u honda guys are just mad a yamaha could smoke u

VT250X
04-28-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by exrider200
Comon guys all your looking at is speed here. I mean the blasters been around for 17yrs and there only leaving because of the goverment. The 250r was made for what 1,2,3,4,5 yrs? Why>? myabe cause they found defects and they flat out sucked maybe, hmmmmmm just maybe. u honda guys are just mad a yamaha could smoke u

Dude that is rediculous. Everyone who races knows the 250R. The 86 was the not so hot year, but the 87-89 were great. Please enlighten me on the known factory defects for these wheelers. The Blaster is a great machine don't get me wrong, but please don't even try to do a direct comparison between the Blaster and the R. In terms of all around use I guess you could say they are both on par with each other. As for racing the R will outclass the Blaster upgrade for upgrade. I wish there was some way for all of these disputes to be settled on the track. There would be a lot of humbled people, but I'm sure there would be a lot of friends made.

LM

extremeblaster0
04-28-2005, 02:02 PM
Dude that is rediculous. Everyone who races knows the 250R. The 86 was the not so hot year, but the 87-89 were great. Please enlighten me on the known factory defects for these wheelers. The Blaster is a great machine don't get me wrong, but please don't even try to do a direct comparison between the Blaster and the R. In terms of all around use I guess you could say they are both on par with each other. As for racing the R will outclass the Blaster upgrade for upgrade. I wish there was some way for all of these disputes to be settled on the track. There would be a lot of humbled people, but I'm sure there would be a lot of friends made.

LM

I agree with you, but R is a much better quad on the track for sure, the geometery of the quad is top notch, Honda did real good in making the 250r...Buy the end of the year I might end of with a 250r.

VT250X
04-28-2005, 02:29 PM
exrider200 one thing I do agree with you about is the gov's attitude toward 2 strokes. It's the most stupid thing I have ever heard. I live on a state route here in Vermont and do you know how many semi's drive by here billowing thick black smoke from their exhausts? I can't even count. I bet there is more pollution in one year from one of those trucks than all of the 2 stroke ATV's and dirt bikes in this country combined. What's next? 4 stroke chain saws? Give me a break.

LM

exrider200
04-28-2005, 05:00 PM
lol guys chill i just made something up hoping it was right lol, but no really i did hear on some forum thats why production stopped

VT250X
04-28-2005, 05:10 PM
lol guys chill i just made something up hoping it was right lol, but no really i did hear on some forum thats why production stopped

No you are right. Thats been kicking around for years now. It will be sad to see the Blasters and Banshee's go because of this. I don't really keep up on national MX, but I'm pretty sure 2 strokes have been banned from some comps. Can anyone varify this or was I reading trash?

Later,

LM

BTW I have been thinking about puting a big bore Blaster motor in my 250X chassis when the motor goes. That way I can have snappy power and the handling. I'm sure someone has done this, but has anyone ever heard of anyone in particular?

extremeblaster0
04-28-2005, 06:18 PM
No you are right. Thats been kicking around for years now. It will be sad to see the Blasters and Banshee's go because of this. I don't really keep up on national MX, but I'm pretty sure 2 strokes have been banned from some comps. Can anyone varify this or was I reading trash?

Later,

?
theres guys out there racing blasters at the nationals so I don't know.

XANDADA
04-29-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
.... WAS JUST AS FAST AS A PIPED 4000EX.

now your just making stuff up! :blah: :devil:

250xridamatt
04-30-2005, 02:58 PM
If you put all your time and money into this blaster to make it faster than a stock 250r Good Job. But wait until someone takes their 250r and puts all their time and money into it. Then go race them.

Whoever said that they only made the 250rs for a couple years is because they sucked, you better check out your racing history. Almost every single rider was on a 250r, until the 450's came out. Why do you think all these amazing 250r's are suddenly selling really cheap.

This is a stupid thread, with a lot of stupid people. It's just people arguing who is better. There is always someone better, so why argue?

chazekxt
04-30-2005, 03:30 PM
when is this bs going to stop come on people..

Quadman250R
05-02-2005, 06:45 PM

dude, they banned the damn 250Rs around 1992 i think, the reason??? They were too fast and people were sueing suzuki and honda, get your fricken facts straight.:eek2: :huh

extremeblaster0
05-02-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Quadman250R
dude, they banned the damn 250Rs around 1992 i think, the reason??? They were too fast and people were sueing suzuki and honda, get your fricken facts straight.:eek2: :huh
LOL..they stopped making them in 89, and I thought they banned them because of the enviornment a big thing on that, not because they were to fast:rolleyes:

Birddogg
05-02-2005, 11:28 PM
They were banned because of lawsuits that came after a 20/20 episode was aired. 3 wheelers were killed off then and there, the quads lasted a year or two. Why do you think there are warning labels riveted all over the fenders of your bike? The companies with the most lethal quads bowed out to save their azzes. Yamaha and Suzuki kept selling because they only sold timid 2-strokes, A.K.A. kids toys. You wan't to play in the sand box? Buy a Banshee or a "Quadzilla" The 500 couldn't get off the ground with a catapult, and a Banshee was no better. If all your life consists of is a drag strip, go out and get one. If you ride, then don't waste your time. Notice I didn't mention Blasters? Cause they're a kids toy thet never posed a threat to anyone.

Quadman250R
05-03-2005, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by extremeblaster0
LOL..they stopped making them in 89, and I thought they banned them because of the enviornment a big thing on that, not because they were to fast:rolleyes:

im pretty sure it was more like 92, i know that suzuki made bikes through 92 but im not sure of honda. birddogg you seem to have the story, i didnt know of the tv episode but i did know that they were gettin sued.

250xridamatt
05-03-2005, 03:37 PM
they definately didnt make honda 250r's in the 90's.

hondardr4life
05-03-2005, 07:56 PM

LM

WTF are you talkign about???:huh :huh :huh . Everyone I have talked to says the 86 250R is the best year they were made. If I had a chance to buy one it would be an 86, not any of the other years.

Now I am a HUGE 250r lover. Personally I think even comparing the blaster and the 250R is a huge slap in the face to honda. There is absolutely no competition between the 2. Sure, blaster will rip with a 240 kit in them, but c-mon, for the money you spend making your blaster a 240, you could make your 250r a 330, ro a 265 and eat the blaster alive. Not to mention how much better the 250R handles.

hondardr4life
05-03-2005, 07:57 PM
Well I take that back, I would take ANY year honda 250r, lol. I would just prefer an 86.

hardkoratvmxr
05-03-2005, 07:59 PM
why would you even want to think that a blaster would beat a 250r

Birddogg
05-03-2005, 08:05 PM
88 or 89R's are the ones you want. I know it really doesn't matter, they're all good. These are the ones that pull the most coin.

VT250X
05-03-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by hondardr4life
WTF are you talkign about???:huh :huh :huh . Everyone I have talked to says the 86 250R is the best year they were made. If I had a chance to buy one it would be an 86, not any of the other years.

WTF are you talking about? Everyone I have talked to has said the complete opposite as you.

I am a big Honda fan and I don't think that any 250R's suck. Everyone I have talked to who either owns or has owned them were hot to get either the 88 or the 89. Most of this forum is loaded with peoples personal experience or opnions and really doesn't have to mean sqaut to anyone else. Ride what you like.

LM

bradley300
05-04-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by XANDADA
now your just making stuff up! :blah: :devil:

my stator was loose, causing the quad to cut out, but i wasnt doing to shabby for a 300ex that didnt run right.

i beleive i stayed ahead of you most of the day:eek: lol,j/p

XANDADA
05-04-2005, 10:06 AM
lol, till you went over the cliff...soon after that I believe the R was ahead of you! :devil:

bradley300
05-04-2005, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by XANDADA
lol, till you went over the cliff...soon after that I believe the R was ahead of you! :devil:

that never happened:o

tedscrappy300
05-06-2005, 06:29 AM
Ill tell you what 2 buddies of mine have 2 blasters and both of them had to have theirs bored out because they blew up:blah:
The are bored .80 over and have some power. I have a stock bore 300ex with a pipe 1 tooth bigger sproket up front an airfilter and jetkit, which is less than both these blasters. And when we race i always tear them a new one. The one kid and I were racing Hare Scrambles and every race he sucked in water. Then the other one blew his up 3 times in the last year. :devil:
Even before the blew up i was whoopin them.
I personally would buy Bradley's300's blaster if he were to sell it because he knows what he's doin and its a sweet lookin blaster.
o and if you gonna say about my username its a play on words retards.
RIDE A 300EX OR 250R AND SELL THE BABY BLASTER

chazekxt
05-06-2005, 12:41 PM
bs lamo

Eddiesanders250
05-06-2005, 03:42 PM
wow thats funny reading all that stuff about a blaster beating a 250. but im glad all that bs is over.

tedscrappy300
05-06-2005, 07:47 PM
chazekxt i bet ur blaster sucks

chazekxt
05-06-2005, 08:33 PM
well come on down and we will see lol

tedscrappy300
05-06-2005, 10:33 PM
this is so funny all u guys gettin hyped up about this stuff, if someone makes fun of my 300ex I just go whoop them out on the track and then they shut-up. Chazekxt man i was just jokin blasters run if you maintain them but its dumb to waste money in them cause there not reliable. Honda's are!:macho even though i could still whoop you:p :devil:

chazekxt
05-07-2005, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by tedscrappy300
this is so funny all u guys gettin hyped up about this stuff, if someone makes fun of my 300ex I just go whoop them out on the track and then they shut-up. Chazekxt man i was just jokin blasters run if you maintain them but its dumb to waste money in them cause there not reliable. Honda's are!:macho even though i could still whoop you:p :devil: dude u a little punk from the looks of your sig your little 300ex does not have chit lol

AJ's Blaster
05-07-2005, 11:20 AM
I cannot believe that you all are fighting over this. So a 250r will whip a blaster, like it should it is 50ccs bigger and in the two strokes that is a big difference. And everyone who owns a 250r you do bot have the fastest quad made. A 450r yfz450 quadzilla or a banshee will all beat you.There is nothing wrong with hopping up the blaster. It is fast for its size and is cheap to hop up. Also in any other race other than a drag race it is 99% rider skill. I race and beat warriors 400exs z400 and banshees. but that doesn't mean I will beat them in a drag.

tedscrappy300
05-07-2005, 05:07 PM
dude u a little punk from the looks of your sig your little 300ex does not have chit lol

Chazekxt i would like to see you race a Harescramble and pass guys in the A class on your blaster from 3 fows back like i did just last sunday on my Honda (not yamaha)HONDA!:D :devil: ;) :macho
See with a 300ex you don't need a big bore to go fast you need to be a good rider and apperantly your not cause you need a big bore to go fast:eek2: I think your over-compinsating about something there:blah:

And were's all the chit from your blaster on your signature?

chazekxt
05-07-2005, 05:30 PM
who said i had a big bore? not me your so funny lamo

tedscrappy300
05-08-2005, 12:30 PM
who said i had a big bore? not me your so funny lamo

Well then what does yours have????

chazekxt
05-08-2005, 01:02 PM
40 over hwd pd3 8 oz flywheel lrd pipe vforce reeds and 30mm carb wright now and 14 tooth sprocket. runns real good lol.. i had a modded 300ex and didnt like it mx174 has it now.

250xridamatt
05-08-2005, 05:33 PM
I like how you are saying a a blaster needs a big bore to keep up with a 300ex. I raced my friend, and we were neck and neck. My mostly stock 250x, and his stock blaster. Go race bradley, the one with the gncc blaster on here. See how much crap you talk about the blasters then.

there is also no reason to start saying my quad is better than yours, because it is made by Honda. Any quad can be reliable if you take really good care of it. GET A LIFE!

tedscrappy300
05-09-2005, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by 250xridamatt
I like how you are saying a a blaster needs a big bore to keep up with a 300ex. I raced my friend, and we were neck and neck. My mostly stock 250x, and his stock blaster. Go race bradley, the one with the gncc blaster on here. See how much crap you talk about the blasters then.

there is also no reason to start saying my quad is better than yours, because it is made by Honda. Any quad can be reliable if you take really good care of it. GET A LIFE!

I was making fun of his because he says all the chit about 250r's breaking and always having to maintain them. I've seen Bradley300's Blaster and it is sweet, and it runs great thanks to SMS(Snyder motorsports)who is recently one of my sponsers as well, they do great work.
im done with all this crap.

MR.BIG
05-13-2005, 03:12 PM
First off you can't even compare the two. The 250r is one the best machines ever made. The blaster should be compared to 250x,3ooex and mojave because they are all close in speed. The honda will definately handle better. The blaster is a good beginner bike and responds well to pipes and porting and you can pick them up for absolutely nothing. If you want the ultimate machine get the 450r because they are unbelievable. I don't see why you are all fighting over something so stupid. Ride what you got!

2strokerider
06-09-2005, 05:15 PM
First off im goin to solve everybodies problems. Honda 250r's are faster than blasters anyday. I bought my 88 stock and was neck and neck w/ a banshee. Blasters are not anything compared to a 250r or banshee. As for the guys who were arguing about the 250 ex stuff. Quicksilver is right about the 250 ex being 10 times more reliable. ITs a basic air cooled four stroke and will outlast any 2 stroke engine. I have raced blasters w/ my r and i slow down to let them catch up just to not make it look as bad! Im not tryin to start an arguement but lets get real. The 250r could still easily keep up and beat a 450 on the track. Why did almost every pro rider have one untill the 450 was introduced. Becuz it was the fastest thing out there. Problem solved!

chazekxt
06-09-2005, 09:00 PM
let it rest please.

Quiksilver01
06-09-2005, 09:04 PM
amen

yoshimurakfx400
06-09-2005, 09:17 PM
thank you all for entertaining me for 30 min

tedscrappy300
06-11-2005, 10:18 PM
No Problem:blah:

quading is fun
06-11-2005, 11:57 PM
EVERYONE WHO THINKS THAT A BLASTER CAN BEAT A 250R IS A COMPLETELY CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A FULLY MODDED BLASTER CANT EVEN KEEP UP WITH A HALF-MODDED 250R!!!!!!!!
and yes, i know that i dont have blaster or a 250r, but all i know is that blasters would lose to my 250x!!!!! now thats just pathetic...

250xridamatt
06-12-2005, 09:24 AM
Uh oh, would someone please shut this thread down? That last post is gonna start a lot of trouble. Let the flaming begin...

chazekxt
06-12-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by quading is fun
EVERYONE WHO THINKS THAT A BLASTER CAN BEAT A 250R IS A COMPLETELY CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A FULLY MODDED BLASTER CANT EVEN KEEP UP WITH A HALF-MODDED 250R!!!!!!!!
and yes, i know that i dont have blaster or a 250r, but all i know is that blasters would lose to my 250x!!!!! now thats just pathetic... lose to your 250x yea right get a life.lmao

bradley300
06-12-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by 250xridamatt

:devil:

bradley300
06-12-2005, 10:09 AM
lets get a few things straight here, you CAN make a blaster faster than a 250r, a BONE STOCK one. anything more than a pipe and reeds and the r will pull away pretty easy, and the blaster is already maxed out.

1 more thing, for a 250cc two stroke, 250r's are almost pathetic in stock form. they get smoked by the other r and the tecate. they have right at 33 hp or so which really isnt great for a 2 stroke "race quad" that size

in any form of racing (with the exception of maybe desert and TT/flattrack stuff) rider ability is much more important. look at joey margueria in the twostroke A/B class on a blaster at the gncc's. he is in 3rd place overall in his class against bigbore/aftermarket frame 250r's. i have also seen pictures of billy cottage and ben aurther smoking 450's on thier blasters on mx tracks. all 3 of those riders are running 200cc cylinders

its all rider ability, having a real fast motor is fun, and comes in handy sometimes, but you dont need it.

chazekxt
06-12-2005, 10:39 AM
well said ...