PDA

View Full Version : the best honda & yamaha utility guad

JKWGA400EX
04-11-2005, 08:19 PM
i would like to know what u think the best honda utility and yamaha utility quads r.

thanks yall

oh i didnt know for sure were to ask,hope this iz alright

jared

04-11-2005, 09:39 PM
depends..fast trail riding with some mud and just all around use. Rancher hands down, reliable too as anything on this planet..now, if you are looking for towing and pulling big stuff and doing alot of mud then look at the grizzly.

DeerNuts
04-11-2005, 09:44 PM
^^^ Both would be excellent choices. They are VERY reliable. Pretty fast too for what they are. The grizzly is a beast though compared to the rancher; hell compared to anything.

lil400exman
04-12-2005, 09:05 AM
I have spent a good amount of time (around 50 miles each) on the following utes:

Rancher 350 4x4 electric shift
Foreman 400 4x4
TRX350 4x4
Kodiak 400 4x4
Grizzly 600 and 660
Polaris sportsman 700 twin 4x4

Out of those quads the Grizz and the polaris were the most capable to me. I was riding deep in west virginia mountains on muddy creek beds going up mountains.

The honda four wheel drive system slipped much more than the Yamaha system which gripped awesome on the slick rock conditions. When going up a steep hill you want the best traction you can get.

Out of the smaller size quads I really liked the kodiak 400. The selectable 2wd/4wd made it much more fun because it made it a much sportier ride.

The fuel economy on the hondas were the best I found. This was nice since gas stations were few and far between.

They were also the most simple to work on but because of this they lacked the things that the other quads had in power and handling features.

If money was no object I would go for the grizz. It was the best of power,good engineering and reliability.

This is all just my opinion though but today you wont go wrong with all the quads. They are all awesome!