PDA

View Full Version : NE 1 with Curtis Sparks 416 GNCC

CstMCgR
04-11-2005, 03:54 PM
Does anyone have the Curtis Sparks GNCC set up on their quad???? with the FCR card that They sell as the GNCC setup? Does this have that throttle lag everyone keeps talkn about with the FCR carb? or has Curtis Sparks modifcation to it cured that problem??? Will going this route and dropping 2000 grand be worth the money?? Right now I am not racing...but wanting to soon. The "kit" consist of the X6 exhaust, 416 12:5.1 compression piston, high rev box,drop in cam, fliter, velocity ring, sparks heavy duty clutch, hinson basket, headstuds,air box lid, and Sparks 39mm FCR Carb, I will probly have head shaved,ported too.....Or would someone suggest a different approach? I am probly going to do work myself instead of sending off to do...or will send to local shop and have them put all components together

Dave400ex
04-11-2005, 04:07 PM
I think, and this just might be me, but if you want a motor setup for XC, give GT Thunder a call and have Laz get you a good setup. You will be more then impressed by him, he will be much faster with the porting, unlike Sparks waiting for months, maybe even a year, and he will also be cheaper...
Also to save even a little more money, get the FCR 39 and either the Sparks or Full HMF from C&D. I personally like my HMF, and think they are built better...

cals400ex
04-11-2005, 11:20 PM
i would go with gt thunder too. well, i would actually do it myself but i guess that is up to you. i think the hmf's are built stronger than the x-6's too. however, i run teh x-6. i wouldn't hesitate getting the hmf either. my buddy runs that and it is really nice

Rico
04-12-2005, 08:32 AM
ask TC426 what he thinks about that high compression piston and stock rod....:eek:

Build it yourself to be reliable, that sparks is not reliable, SORRY.

Or send it to GT Thunder for better service and faster turn around and more reliable..