PDA

View Full Version : Anybody build thier motor for motocross?

ridered03
04-11-2005, 12:14 PM
has anybody sent their motor to a builder to get built I was thinkin of sending it to sparks, TC, baldwin. one of them so who has what done and how does it perform?

RedRacer44
04-11-2005, 02:11 PM
Just a thought, the wait on Sparks is a LONG, LONG time. My friend called about sending his motor in and the told him if he wanted to send it in that it'd be 2 month before they would even get to it and then another month or so to finish the motor so. I've heard of Sparks having motors for a year before they were finished so....

The turn-around time seems to be good with Baldwin from what I've heard and I dont know anything about TC.

44oEX
04-11-2005, 02:21 PM
well what do you want done to the motor. if it's only a high comp piston you can do that your self it's real easy. if it's a port polish take the motor apart and just send the head you will save on labour and shipping.

ridered03
04-11-2005, 03:47 PM
yea i just talked to sparks about the wait. I am just lacking the bottom end i want and TC told me to go with his pipe and a high comp piston, he said it would help out tremendously in the bottom end. True some of the is him wanting to sell his pipe but I have also heard that his pipes are exellent in bottom end. what do you guys think?

diangelo#67
04-11-2005, 04:35 PM
T/C racing products

builder dirt first andy lagzdins

2weeks

runs like it could rip your arms off:devil:

Airik79mx
04-12-2005, 08:40 AM
Those are the 3 builders I had in mind to do my motor too. Sparks wait was way to long. TC seeming alittle high on price (would of had to pay sales tax too) So I went with Baldwin and I'm very happy with it. Also, I think the TC pipe is a joke. It looks like a OEM CRF head pipe on there. And it's over 500 bucks, loud too.

kssandduner
04-12-2005, 01:17 PM
If I were to build a mx motor right now. I'd be sending my motor to Johnny Hale at JH racing! I talked to him on the phone a couple weeks ago, and it really sounds like they have their chit together!! Also quick turn arounds time. Just my 2 cents.

Joe

RedRacer44
04-12-2005, 01:34 PM
JH Racing does know the TRX motor, they're turning out some arm-ripping motors out of their shop. He can build it anyway you want to, from mild to wild. They have put in a lot of time and testing in the TRX motor and knows several set-ups that work very well.

He built my motor which just consists of JE 13:1 Piston, Stage II Hotcam, Sparks Exhaust, Dyno Jet Kit, and K&N Filter.....very reliable but powerful package. Showing almost 48 HP on the dyno with this setup.

Great turn-around as stated and very helpful service. You might give 'em a call at (918) 371-0101.....ask for Johnny.

kssandduner
04-12-2005, 06:40 PM
Redracer, did they do any port and polish work for you. It sounds to me like the guy that does their port and polish work is putting some of the other big companies to shame "cough cough sparks cough!" And he said the turn around is like under two weeks.........instead of a year. When i can come up with the money, Johnny will definitely be getting my motor!

Joe

RedRacer44
04-12-2005, 08:02 PM
No, Beau hasnt touched my motor yet but all in good time. I'm going to get the porting done along with a FCR carb soon. But yes, Beau is supposedly doing some awesome things with the TRX motor.....

roostin_dale
04-12-2005, 08:08 PM
dont go sparks...They told me mine would be done in 2 weeks, took them about 6 months...

TRXDresh
04-12-2005, 09:14 PM
You guys want someone that has his stuff together, call Joe at Rossier Engineering. He has the best pipe on the market, and is brilliant with motor work. He doesn't just throw a ton of compression at it to get the power. He is doing some stuff that no-one else is doing. His pipe is 2hp better than sparks. You can go from mild to wild, and he will give you a rhyme and reason for doing it.

sampleez
04-12-2005, 09:34 PM
what about racers edge not for sure about the name. That's who's building joe byrd's bikes now.