PDA

View Full Version : New rims and tires for front and back

OldYellow
04-11-2005, 09:30 AM
I am looking at getting new rims and tires for the front and back of my 400. I am fairly new at this and was curious was the best bang for your buck setup would be. What kind of rims and size should i get, along with tires and size. I ride a lot of trails, some sand, and some tracks. Also, are the 400ex rims interchangable with the 450R's?

Chino886
04-11-2005, 02:31 PM
Hey OldYellow,
Do you want to sell your stock rims?

PBlackmon
04-11-2005, 02:57 PM
I would go with ITP tires and wheels. I would probably go with the T-9 or T-9 Pro wheels and holeshot tires, and as for tire size for your uses, I would go with 22x6x10 front and a 20x10x9 rear. That will give you good ground clearance for the trails, and also provide good acceleration for the track. I have the ITP T-9 Pro wheels and 20x6x10 holeshot MX fronts and 18x10x8 Holeshot MXR4 rears, and I love them!

DeerNuts
04-11-2005, 10:13 PM
Douglas Red labels are about the best money can buy. They do cost a ton, however.
remember you get what you pay for.

throw a set of maxxis on them and youll have an awesome combo.

250xridamatt
04-12-2005, 05:35 PM
Umm i thought hipers were the best you could buy??...

You probably want to get a 20 inch tire, because you normally use a 22 for woods racing, and an 18 for mx. So i would just get a 20 if you do a little of both.

ghak99
04-14-2005, 11:45 AM
From my experience I would go with 20" rears and 21" fronts. This should go well with a mix of trail and track riding. A nine inch rear wheel works well for both trail and track.

Regular Maxis Razrs seem to last a long time and work well in almost any conditions, but everyone has their favorite brand.

For wheels, buy the best you can afford and you will only have to do it once. One bad landing or small tree can cause a decent regular wheel to bend. If I was you I would at least go with ringed wheels if not beadlocks. The prices might seem high, but by the time you replace a couple you would have been better off getting the best to start with.