PDA

View Full Version : 300EX Riders

300ex73
04-11-2005, 08:31 AM
I'm just wondering how many of you would like to see more aftermarket parts available for your quad? I've contacted a couple of companies about parts for the 300, and they basically say that thy not going to build something, because people wouldn't buy it.

bradley300
04-11-2005, 08:51 AM
there is still plenty of places.
any aftermarket company will build the motor, any of the shock comanies will make shocks. Laeger, LSR,Burgaurd still make a-arms. roll makes pegs, everybody makes nerfs and bumpers and skids, clarke and IMS both make a tank and there are 3 companies that make good plastic. handlebars and handgaurds are universal. what else are you looking for?

its all out there, you just have to look for it

reconmaster
04-11-2005, 09:14 AM
does any1 make steering stems, aftermarket shocks, racing axles for the 300ex i'm pretty sure about the shocks and axles but still wondering

bradley300
04-11-2005, 09:38 AM
laegers, roll,burgaurd, LSR make stems. Durablue, G-force, RPM and rad make axles. Harkor makes hubs, elka, axis,pep, works, ohlins, and tcs all make shocks

04-11-2005, 01:30 PM
1 thing i would like to see is a new case saver made...the stock 1's are junk......

300ex73
04-11-2005, 08:43 PM
I'm talking stuff, like a good +3 LT A-Arms setup. Like something that could use maybe a good 250R or 400EX standard travel shock. And I don't even wanna think about those ASR A-Arms. Those things look like junk. I mean, c'mon, how hard could it be for some of the bigger companies, like LSR or even Roll to make a decent LT setup that could use specially valved 250R or 400 shocks? I've thought about trying to get some chromoly and try it out for myself. I have some machining experience and some knowledge of geometry, and my uncle owns a machining company. Just modify the geometry of the stock arms, get the angles all worked out, get some shocks, and see how it works, just for the hell of it.

And heelgaurds. The only heelgaurds I've seen are the stock ones, or a set of ones that are made out of sheet aluminum. I haven't been able to measure it out yet, but if it works out like I think it will then Z400 heelgaurds will fit if you use the Roll Design pegs. So why can't IMS just leave off the little tab that mounts to the plastic, and call it a 300EX heelgaurd? That'd prolly help out a lot of people that are looking for 300EX heelgaurds.

Maybe some better graphics choices too. And better seat cover options. I looked at Jet Trim, and they don't offer seat covers for the 300. Also, more stuff like a hood, so we don't have to modify a 250R hood and our plastic to make it fit.

There's a lot of stuff that I know will adapt, but I wouldn't mind some more pieces that don't require some kind of modifying to make fit.

04-11-2005, 08:46 PM
man a set of lt a arms and shocks would be killer...i totally forgot about them....man there so much...aftermarket frame......and more

400exdad
04-12-2005, 10:46 AM
I really don't know what gives with the aftermarket companies and parts for 300EX's! The 300 has been around since 1993 and the 250X before that. I want a set of nerfs with integrated heel guards for our 300! :scary:

400exdad
04-12-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by 300ex73

And heelgaurds. The only heelgaurds I've seen are the stock ones, or a set of ones that are made out of sheet aluminum. I haven't been able to measure it out yet, but if it works out like I think it will then Z400 heelgaurds will fit if you use the Roll Design pegs. So why can't IMS just leave off the little tab that mounts to the plastic, and call it a 300EX heelgaurd? That'd prolly help out a lot of people that are looking for 300EX heelgaurds. ....

There is a company out there that makes these, but the edges look like razors to me.

300ex73
04-12-2005, 12:35 PM
Yeah, I've already looked into those heelgaurds. To me, they look pretty weak. I want something that's not gonna be fugged up the first time it hits something. And those stupid things are made out of sheet aluminum, so I doubt they hold up to much.

300ex73
04-13-2005, 08:33 AM
I wanna know why any 300EX rider would say no to having more aftermarktet parts available. Cuz I doubt that any would really say no to more options. Therefore, I must say, that unless you actually own and ride a 300EX, please don't vote in this poll.

04-13-2005, 01:18 PM
agreed.....the 250r graphics work on a 300ex but u will have to trim them....but a 250r seat cover willl go on perfect....

im going to call places and complain about this crap....we need more stuff

bradley300
04-13-2005, 09:24 PM
it cost at least 1000 just to set up an a-arms jig, and there really isnt a huge demand for 300ex parts. so they go on the back burner

roostin_dale
04-13-2005, 09:28 PM
there are plenty of parts...the only thing they dont have is a back linkage...Burgard custom makes +4 LT front ends for 16 1/2 inch shock, a couple kids at nationals have it, sick front end...ASR also makes LT a-arms

fullbores, axles, shocks, wheels, pegs, stems, the ONLY thing i would like to see made is a custom alluminum airbox to help it breathe, air is the only major 300ex problem

300ex73
04-14-2005, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
there are plenty of parts...the only thing they dont have is a back linkage...Burgard custom makes +4 LT front ends for 16 1/2 inch shock, a couple kids at nationals have it, sick front end...ASR also makes LT a-arms

fullbores, axles, shocks, wheels, pegs, stems, the ONLY thing i would like to see made is a custom alluminum airbox to help it breathe, air is the only major 300ex problem

I wouldn't ever buy those ASR arms, they look like crap. And from what I've been told about the guys previous business, I wouldn't want to deal with them.

But, you see what I mean, every rider has something that they think should be offered for the 300EX or 250X. So why not offer some more parts for them? There are tons of 300 riders out there, and I'm sure most of them have something they wish they could find for it.

bradley300
04-14-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by roostin_dale

i dont think a new airbox would do anything more than having the lid off

and there is a rear linkage. Laegers makes (or made, i'm sure they could do it again) the swingy, and you use a cr500 linkage. all you have to do is weld a tab on the back of the frame

quadrcr161
04-14-2005, 09:42 AM
with the products already out, you can build a very competative 300ex. if you search the suspension forms about a LT set up its not required and you can get the same handling with standard custom shocks. im sure the plastic companies could come out with a few different front plastic designs but not much else is needed that isnt already available. as far as custom frame, the 300ex frame is pretty beefy, and a high demand isnt there. it would cost a lot of money to design an aftermarket frame and it would cost as must or more as a whole 300ex. the 300ex is IMO is considered a transition quad to a larger quad. although its a fun quad and a great beginner quad, once most people start to outgrow the quad they step up to a larger one. i konw the peopel that race are stuck with it till they are 16, but likei said before, you can build a very nice 300ex with whats out there.

300ex13
04-15-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
with the products already out, you can build a very competative 300ex. if you search the suspension forms about a LT set up its not required and you can get the same handling with standard custom shocks. im sure the plastic companies could come out with a few different front plastic designs but not much else is needed that isnt already available. as far as custom frame, the 300ex frame is pretty beefy, and a high demand isnt there. it would cost a lot of money to design an aftermarket frame and it would cost as must or more as a whole 300ex. the 300ex is IMO is considered a transition quad to a larger quad. although its a fun quad and a great beginner quad, once most people start to outgrow the quad they step up to a larger one. i konw the peopel that race are stuck with it till they are 16, but likei said before, you can build a very nice 300ex with whats out there.

i agree they can become very competive and there is plenty of mods already out and theres plenty more they can put out but i think the mods so far a goo enough

kyleschonert
05-01-2005, 04:13 PM
The only thing i wish sumone would make is an actual strong case saver. I threw my chain once and it cracked where the revers, and plastic front sprocket cover holder goes. And the case saver looked like it had been heated up and used for oragami or sumthin.