PDA

View Full Version : rincon 650

Jimford
04-11-2005, 06:03 AM
I want to know if anyone has ridden a rincon 650? I might get a 4x4 this year and I heard they are good handleing quads.

MudMonsterGrizz
04-11-2005, 06:19 AM
They are good handling quads indeed; although they are weak for a 650 because of the lack of low range. If you are looking for a bike just to ride around they are awesome, but if you are looking for something to put bigger tires on and go hit some mud then I would get another bike.

Jimford
04-11-2005, 03:59 PM
I just want to something thats pretty quick for trail riding and the occansional mud crossing.

MudMonsterGrizz
04-12-2005, 06:53 AM
Don't get me wrong I love the looks of the Rinny and it's a nice bike, but for what I do (straight mud with big tires) it's not a good choice. For trail riding and the ocasional mud with smaller tires it's an awesome bike.

Jimford
04-12-2005, 07:09 AM
Yeh I'm not looking for a mud runner. Just something that I can eventually mod up. I do fast trail riding and sometimes mud. The mud around here is always managable even on my EX. Thanks for you input!!!

400exc
04-22-2005, 08:32 PM
the rincon is a very dependable quad, and what your talking about, i would go with the rincon

Mike545
04-30-2005, 05:26 AM
with the rnco you dont need low gear, due to its got a torque converter like a car. and tipical honda, stone reliable. my buds getting one in 4 days id let you know. im thinking on getting rid of my 05 450r for one.

MudMonsterGrizz
04-30-2005, 09:13 AM
Apparently you have never ridden one or never had one before. The torque converter won't do any good if you don't have low enough gears to use your torque. Gears are what get the power to the ground and the Rincon just doesn't have low enough gears to turn big tires or mud efficiently.

I have ran with a thousand Rincons and they just don't have any low end power compared to any other big bore out there.

Mike545
04-30-2005, 02:41 PM
if the tires are left alone ,,,are they a good quad for off road , hill climbs etc..., i base the previous info on my drag racing days.

bayou boy
04-30-2005, 08:22 PM
proof the rinny cant turn big tires due to lack of low end...he couldnt even get in the hole..29.5" outlaws

Mike545
05-01-2005, 06:45 AM
man that sucks. im bumbed, the flag ship of honda, is a wimp?

MudMonsterGrizz
05-02-2005, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Mike545
man that sucks. im bumbed, the flag ship of honda, is a wimp?
On the dyno a hopped up Rincon vs. a hopped up grizz is similar with the grizz showing a little more power. On the other hand the dyno is measuring top end power and not just low end. Although the grizz and Rincon have similar power the grizz will easily outpower the Rincon.

The Rincon in the picture above tried to pull me. When we first started I pulled him easily and he could not even turn his tires over. I then let off the gas and let him get a "running start" where he pulled me about 10ft. his way. As soon as I hit the gas again we started going right back the other way. He could not even turn the tires over.

bigrincon
05-02-2005, 12:10 PM
i have an '03 Rincon with a full exhaust, K&N filter, and its jetted.... i dont really race it, but i trail ride and mud ride... im not a very experienced rider, but this bike has showed me no trouble getting in or out of anything... i ride with a 300ex and follow right behind him in open areas and could take this bike 10 times as many places as his... its a good bike for anything you would want...

MudMonsterGrizz
05-02-2005, 01:49 PM
No offense but you don’t have the tires to give you trouble. I could put some bear claws on a 300 Honda and it would turn them fine. Put some 28” laws on them and neither will turn them good. I am just saying that the Rincon does not have power for turning oversized tires and mud riding with big tires. If you run small tires that are less aggressive it will do fine.

bigrincon
05-02-2005, 01:52 PM
Understandable, but i was just stating for everyday trail riding and mudding, like the author intended, the rincon does just fine... i understand that i dont have big tires or anything like that...

mike nash
05-02-2005, 01:57 PM
I have an 03 Rincon and I think it a good reliable machine in stock form. Don't expect the stock tires to get you up a steep hill they belong on a 400ex. Fractured a rib tryin. Also have Rancher 400 AT great machine with engine braking better balance vs Rincon (very tippy). Personally if I was bent on getting one for the first time I would get the Suzuki King Quad EFI. Good Luck!

MarylandATVcom
05-05-2005, 12:05 PM
Just like Yamaha beefin up in 06 I hear Honda is doing so as well? I owed a Rincon but after riding a Prairie I justed ship! The power is night and day! It will be interesting to see what new models will be out at the end of June/July? ~coop

bulkdriverlp
05-08-2005, 07:45 AM
i agree the rinnys dont have low range, even though it has a transmission like a car it still needs low range, a thick mud hole with the transmission the way it is wont be able to move. they ride real good i was told but hill climbing is out of the question because it get confused as to which gear to go in. i would never own a rincon.

xtremedad
05-09-2005, 08:51 AM
It's pretty obvious that the person starting this thread is looking for a dependable, comfortable, fast trail riding 4x4. Nuff said. The Rincon is a perfect choice. Everyone has their own preferances as far as big bore 4x4's.

I own a Rincon, and would not have any other big bore.......

I realized it was not the muddin machine, I'm not the muddin kind. I now race my Rincon in a cross country circut, and do quite well on it. I've learned many things about the transmision when riding it. Now I can make it do what I want, when I want.:cool:

Just my .02

Mike545
05-09-2005, 04:01 PM
i just rode my buddies new rincon, it runs good, but still im going to get a king quad, i pick it up sat..... ill let you know

Mike545
05-13-2005, 03:24 PM
i rode a new rincon, nice , just bought a king quad, it smokes it , all around.

honda400ex2003
07-14-2005, 09:19 PM
The rincon is a good cruiser. It is like the caddilac(sp?) of atv's. I wouldn't put any tire bigger than 26" on it. I have 26" mudlites w/ c-series rims all the way around and it does pretty good. Plus with the c-series rims it makes it like 8inches wider cause of how wide the tires are, 10" front and 12" rear. It could use a low range but it has good power. I haven't got stuck yet but I still have a 3000 lb ramsey just in case. Just my 2 cents though. Steve

David
07-23-2005, 08:33 AM
My brothers friends dad has a Rincon with ITP Mudlites 27x12x12 in the front and back. They might actaully be 28" instead of 27", but i'm not sure. I have seen him go through some really thick mud while towing a 300ex and he never had any problem. He has a pretty much stock other than NOS that i'm aware of. He doesn't use the NOS button much and definately wasn't using it when I watched him tow.

I know there is a problem with the Rincons with their high gearing, but it doesn't seem to be to bad.

Mike545
07-23-2005, 12:37 PM
sold the king quad, got a rincon, the rincon handles so much better

Nick110
07-24-2005, 01:10 PM
hey JIMFORD what part of buffalo do u live in. i live in orchard Park.

atv_maverick
07-30-2005, 03:20 AM
Hey, I've got a 2003 Rincon for sale if anyone is interested.

Check out the other post for more details.

Thanks,
Josh