PDA

View Full Version : Clutch assembly

pharit
04-10-2005, 10:19 PM
i had my clutch assembly explode this weekend, i got clutchs broke, my baskets lopes are all broke off my pressure plate is ok i guess but i was just wondering how much a good clutch assembly would run me i;m lookin something hi preformance cause idk but i think the 295 coupld probably use it.

All in all i broke all that listed aboce and the side case, so just lookin for something just a little bit tuffer

crazyracer250r
04-10-2005, 11:58 PM
hinson makes a real good clutch assembly very hevy duty you can feather it all you want and it does great have had mine in min 4 four years still great and im hard on clutches

pharit
04-11-2005, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by crazyracer250r
hinson makes a real good clutch assembly very hevy duty you can feather it all you want and it does great have had mine in min 4 four years still great and im hard on clutches

how much that run you?

zedicus00
04-11-2005, 06:55 AM
get this basket. use barnett clutch springs and oem plates.

http://www.magicracing.com/product.asp?itemid=312

pharit
04-11-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by zedicus00
get this basket. use barnett clutch springs and oem plates.

http://www.magicracing.com/product.asp?itemid=312

not to be rude but what is so special about this if i can ask?

i'd i heard people running stock clutch plates are they probably the best to use or what?

but do take in the fact that this thing has alot of power, lookin for something heavy duty that will put alot of useable power to the ground. i have never messed with a clutch in my 250R or back in the day when i used to rick a 250x. so i;m kinda in the dark about the whole clutch deal. thanks fellas

zedicus00
04-11-2005, 05:59 PM
that is the best price on a billet basket you will find. barnett springs are the stiffest available. and the stock plates are the best plates to use. the 151hp turboed sabertooth uses stock plates.

pharit
04-11-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by zedicus00
that is the best price on a billet basket you will find. barnett springs are the stiffest available. and the stock plates are the best plates to use. the 151hp turboed sabertooth uses stock plates.

Well thanks man you;ve been a big help.

Now where can i find these clutch springs?
How are they goin to affect the clutch pull? cause i;m a sissy lol

BTW where you from in kansas?

zedicus00
04-11-2005, 08:38 PM
the best thing for you to do would be get that billet basket new oem clutch plates and the 89 clutch update kit, and new stock springs. to get the barnett springs u hafta order the complet kit, i did that then sold the barnet plates. it makes it a lot harder to pull, and its really not all that necesary.