PDA

View Full Version : Mods for my 2005 250EX?

kick
04-10-2005, 09:01 PM
What's available? I see a few exhaust kits that show 2003 as the last year they're made for. As far as I know, there is no difference between a 2003 and a 2005 250EX right?

Anyway... An exhaust would be cool. What do you guys recommend? What kind of power gains do you get? :)

What other kinds of cool mods/parts are available for my 05s?

bens250ex
04-11-2005, 04:32 PM
well i have a white bros pipe on mine and love it..i heard hmf is good so is yoshi and i forgot theirs another, they have axles and they just came out with +2 and +1 aarms for the lil 250ex..i also got a jet kit with filter and no aibox lid you can tell its a bit more peppy but not much..

kick
04-11-2005, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the reply Ben. :cool: I definitely want an exhaust, filter, etc... And I'm looking at the Powroll Big Bore kit too. :D I'm trying to do a little more research about that though.

Some questions for people with the Big Bore kit: I'm kinda assuming doing that work would void my warranty. Any changes in driveability or reliablity? Does the auto clutch system remain the same as stock? They show a 20-25% increase in horsepower on their site... That would be a pretty decent mod. :)

Quiksilver01
04-11-2005, 10:10 PM
get a curtis sparks exhaust.... as for voiding the warranty i relocated my ignition and they said it voided the warranty so anything you do will void the warranty the warranty dosnt cover any thing anyway its a scam to make you buy their quad.... ok now that i got that out of my system..... if you get the powroll kit you can get a bigger carb and a magnum rev box.... :chinese:

Quiksilver01
04-12-2005, 05:49 PM
for power get the powroll kit, K&N power kit, magnum revbox, sparks exhaust, and holeshots. for suspension get elka shocks, durablue axle, and hermann racing a-arms and new handlebars, for looks, factory fx graphics, blingstar ironcross bumper, aluminum gas cap i dont know what else you would want... oh wait nerf bars.

Cody_300ex
04-14-2005, 05:58 AM
If your looking for at a big bore kit, forget it. Unless your just COMPLETELY obsessed, and cant fit on any other quad I sugest you sell it while its new and buy a 300ex, blaster, or 400ex. Beacause your never going to get very much power out of them, I'm not trying to bash but the truth hurts. There automatic, shaft driven, and just as heavy as any other sport quad. This is just a suggesion.

kick
04-14-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
If your looking for at a big bore kit, forget it. Unless your just COMPLETELY obsessed, and cant fit on any other quad I sugest you sell it while its new and buy a 300ex, blaster, or 400ex. Beacause your never going to get very much power out of them, I'm not trying to bash but the truth hurts. There automatic, shaft driven, and just as heavy as any other sport quad. This is just a suggesion.
I know it's not the cool thing to say, but I actually like the fact that they're auto clutch and I can take anyone with me. They're not hard to ride, and I like it that way. I can get wild on it and have fun without things going too far and accidentally killing myself (or whoever is riding it).

I'm not looking to win races, and I actually don't need to go any faster. But it would be kinda neat to squeeze just a little bit more out of mine at some point in the future.

P-Town? So you're from Paducah, right? My ex girlfriend lives there. I've been there a few times.

300ex13
04-15-2005, 12:38 PM
squeeze more power out of it??? well umm the exhaust only gives u maybe 1hp and the air filter and no lid wont help much either....u may not want to go faster now but if u had at least a 300ex u could always havew the option of getting tons more power out of it.....it will do around 50?? but thats not as fast as others they're great for tooling around and u can always make it funer,faster,smother u name it its better.

kick
04-15-2005, 01:00 PM
Yes, squeeze. Which doesn't mean tons.

quadrcr161
04-15-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid

i agree, modding a 250ex is just throwing away money. shaft drive, auto clutch, very small suspension travel, is just a fwe things thats holding it back. if you are just riding it to ahving something to do leave it alone, if you plan on modding it, sell it and pick up something worth modding and will actually show a gain in hp. you can pick up a good 300ex, and it will handle better, rider better and be faster then dumping money into a 250ex.

cochran223
04-15-2005, 03:38 PM
i think i am going to have to agree, when i first got mine i wanted to dump alot of cash in it but then i realized with all the mods it sounds like 60mph is awesome. i like my 250 and would buy another one but i dont ride for speed. i usually ride off the trail through ditches and woods. if the need for speed is their go 400ex.

Quiksilver01
04-15-2005, 03:40 PM
unless you want to race then a 250 is fine

bens250ex
04-17-2005, 09:46 AM
seems like modding ur 250ex will be fine for u since ytou dont race..i heard the powerroll kit a 300ex carb some cams and all the exhaust and intake stuff really let that thing get to rippin but remember its a 250ex and its not going to be that fast

future 450?
04-22-2005, 05:11 PM
dont make any mods ure just going 2 mod it untill u totally get bored of it jus sell it and buy a new quad and anyone who cares about top speed just sux............unless u do alot of road rid'n. stick it on ebay or sell it your self nd go out and buy an of 400ex they do 0-55 in about 18sec

Quiksilver01
04-22-2005, 05:58 PM
im sick of everyone puttin down the 250ex so im puttin everythin there is available on mine and some custom stuff i dont really care about power im just in it for the tricks

YFZ450Ridr
04-22-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by kick
I know it's not the cool thing to say, but I actually like the fact that they're auto clutch and I can take anyone with me.

ride for for almost 4 years and tell me you like an auto clutch:huh

2strokerider
06-11-2005, 05:29 PM
go for it quicksilver. thats cool becuz im sick off everybody puttin them down too and nobody has totally tricked out a 250ex. i have a 250r and a 250ex and i wanna put just as much in the ex as i do the r even though i know the r is a butt load faster.

05TRX250
06-11-2005, 10:13 PM
I just bought an 05 250ex and its my first quad and im just looking to get maybe nerf bars and other smaller mods. Whats a good website?

2strokerider
06-12-2005, 11:12 AM
i have dg nerfs on mine and they work great. as far as the other small mods go i would put a filter and maybe a pipe for a little more spunk. rear tires are a good choice too.