PDA

View Full Version : Websites say "Page cannot be displayed"

Punk'd
04-10-2005, 08:47 PM
I dont have any idea what the deal is but most sites when I click on a link it will say "This page cannot be displayed" My internet is working fine and its not just one site because it does this to alot of them and even other people can see the site. So I dont understand why I cant. Anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Thanks,

Randy.

Fender Bender
04-10-2005, 09:16 PM
Try an alternative browser, such as firefox.

http://www.mozilla.org

YFZ450Ridr
04-10-2005, 09:31 PM
check ur cookies and stuff, sometimes some sites require more cookies to load than others.

AlbaKFX
04-10-2005, 11:38 PM
Do you have comcast cable?

Just asking because my internet was doing the same damn thing the other day. 99% of websites wouldnt display, but z400 central worked once in a while. I left it alone for like 6 hours before I ended up heel-smashing the cable router, and when I came back it worked.

I need to get rid of this crappy cable internet and get me some DSL

LazeR
04-10-2005, 11:41 PM
I know i had a junky dsl modem and it would always do that to me where some sites would work and others wouldnt work at all and it would say they cant be displayed, i switched back to my old modem and everything works fine. But i dont know what kind of internet you have.

zephead400ex
04-11-2005, 08:06 AM
Have you restarted your computer? If not, restart and try again. That's the first step.

Cody_300ex
04-11-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by AlbaKFX
Do you have comcast cable?

Just asking because my internet was doing the same damn thing the other day. 99% of websites wouldnt display, but z400 central worked once in a while. I left it alone for like 6 hours before I ended up heel-smashing the cable router, and when I came back it worked.

I need to get rid of this crappy cable internet and get me some DSL

Ive never had problems with my Comcast except when we had over a foot of snow and it was out for a few days.