PDA

View Full Version : Few Q's for new rider

Rico400
04-10-2005, 08:28 PM
Hey im from oregon and i just bought my 04 400ex about a week ago. me and my dad are talking about cutting the front fenders, but my mom doesnt want to cuz she thinks it will mess up the warranty. is this possible? i was also thinking about painting alot of the parts black like the frame, bumper, basically everything that has to do with the frame. would black show scratches and stuff more than white? also ive seen people talking about painting the fenders, is there a good way to do it without it crackin? i want to do it really nice and have good quality.

thxx for any information possible

- Rico

wantinga400ex
04-10-2005, 10:00 PM
Best thing to do would be to powder coat all the metal things on the quad. It will be alot harder to scratch and chip, but it will also be more expensive. I would just leave the frame and stuff alone until you feel like doing a complete tear down and rebuild.

I don't think cutting the fenders will void the warranty.

Rico
04-11-2005, 10:41 AM
I have an evil twin......:eek:

2004exrider
04-11-2005, 02:20 PM
ive heard of people using krylon fusion on their plastics because it is made for plastic...but my advice is dont do it. it may look good after you paint it but after so many rides and washings it will peel and look like crap, just my opinion. no cutting the plastics shouldnt affect your warranty because its not doing anything to it that changes the motor or tranny or overall performance of the bike, probly better to check though first.

wheelinforlife
04-11-2005, 03:56 PM
Dont cut your damn plastic! Its so ugly and pointless. And dont Don't copy someone elses name.

Rico400
04-11-2005, 04:00 PM
yea thats what i was thinking when i told her i wanted to cut the fenders. that its actually not changing the engine or anything.

I have an evil twin......
my bad didnt know there was another Rico. i just always use that name cuz i think it sounds kool and its actually my last name. But everyone also calls me by my last name,rico; instead of my 1st name as well

wheelinforlife
04-11-2005, 04:02 PM
Well as long as your last name is rico i will let it slide lol:)

Rico400
04-11-2005, 04:05 PM
alright thxx. lol u can check my aim, and email, i use it all the time