PDA

View Full Version : Question for you Hatfield/McCoy experts

wvspeedfreak
04-10-2005, 08:02 PM
I am trying to plan a little family vacation to Hatfield/McCoy for sometime in May.I have a 6 year old son that rides a Kasea 90 and my wife rides a 250ex but hasn't done alot of riding yet.My question is: Which trail system should I be looking to stay at as far as kid friendly/beginner friendly(wife) trails.I just want them to be able to enjoy themselves without getting in over their heads.Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Allen
04-11-2005, 04:22 AM
Without a doubt Waterways....really easy trails, also very wide. The trail head is also the closest to Charleston if you need to get into town. When ya going down I will try to meet up, I live about 20 minutes from Waterways.

wvspeedfreak
04-11-2005, 05:07 AM
Thanks Allen.We are planning to go in mid-May.I will post the exact dates as soon as I get everything set-up.What do you suggest as far as lodging goes?I don't have an RV,I will be pulling a trailer down with my truck.

Allen
04-12-2005, 04:05 AM
www.trailsheaven.com is the H/M website...they have a lot of information about lodging. The Best Western in Logan if you are looking for a hotel instead of camping.

If you are only hitting the Waterways trail head the best place to stay is at Trace Fork on 119 "Corridor G". It is inside the city limits of Charleston/South Charleston and only about 11 miles from Waterways. You cant miss it, when you are on 119 S it is where all the malls are. There is a Holiday Inn and quite a few other motels and not to mention a lot of restaurants. Like I said it is only about 11 or 12 miles from the Waterways Trailhead.

All the trailheads are in the coal fields (Logan, Williamson, Gibert, Mann) except Waterways. Its not very far out of Charleston and really easy trails. PM me if you need anymore info and I can give you my number

wvspeedfreak
04-12-2005, 07:29 PM
Thanks again for the info Allen.

bradley300
04-12-2005, 09:42 PM
all of them should be fine as long as you stay on the easy trails within that system, i beleive they are marked with green