PDA

View Full Version : Vibration noise??Annoying the heck out of me!!

drider
04-10-2005, 07:54 PM
hello fellow riders. I have a vibration noise comming from the clutch handle. When i give it gas, makes the vibration noise. When i let off the gas. The vibration noise stops!! Its minor. But the 450 is just 2 days old?? What the heck??

Fred55
04-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Check the heat shield bolts on the header, and then just go around the quad and look for any loose bolts.

BSTURDIVANT
04-10-2005, 08:01 PM
Put it in gear, let the clutch out and give it full throttle! Noise won't go away but surely won't be paying attention to it !!
These big thumper four strokes do vibrate at certain RPM's and little noises that can't be stopped will show up.

450 Racer R
04-10-2005, 08:03 PM
well since you've already identified the problem, fix it. try adjusting the clutch cable since you said it was the clutch handle. I assume you mean the lever. Just tighten up the cable a little bit. check if there's any play in the lever. cables stretch out, especially when they're brand new. i wouldn't worry about it too much.

drider
04-10-2005, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by BSTURDIVANT
Put it in gear, let the clutch out and give it full throttle! Noise won't go away but surely won't be paying attention to it !!
These big thumper four strokes do vibrate at certain RPM's and little noises that can't be stopped will show up.

the wierd thing is, my brother has a 2004 450r with about 80 hours, it doesn't have any clutch lever vibraiton noise.

drider
04-10-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by 450 Racer R
well since you've already identified the problem, fix it. try adjusting the clutch cable since you said it was the clutch handle. I assume you mean the lever. Just tighten up the cable a little bit. check if there's any play in the lever. cables stretch out, especially when they're brand new. i wouldn't worry about it too much.

my brother and i tried to tigthen up the cables, checked for loose bolts, and greased up the joints... no luck.

2MuchChi450R
04-10-2005, 08:49 PM
Is it an up and down vibration, like the lever seems loose? If so, check to see if it's hitting the parking brake actuator? If it's not hitting, the only other thing is the lever's inner brass (less friction) could be warped or worn out. It's a thing that happens, it's annoying I know, but you just seem to get past that after you ride for a while.

drider
04-10-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by 2MuchChi450R
Is it an up and down vibration, like the lever seems loose? If so, check to see if it's hitting the parking brake actuator? If it's not hitting, the only other thing is the lever's inner brass (less friction) could be warped or worn out. It's a thing that happens, it's annoying I know, but you just seem to get past that after you ride for a while.
the noise only occurs when i hit the gas, otherwise it's noise free. yes it seems like something is hitting something, I checked the parking brake acutator and it looks good. warped or torn inner brass could not be the source of the problem, the bike is only 2days old. never ridden on a trail yet.

Punk'd
04-10-2005, 09:05 PM
Ahh man.. I think you got a dud..:scary:

lol j/p what are you talking about the clutch lever? on the handle bars?

Fred55
04-10-2005, 09:40 PM
Does it stop vibrating when you hold your hand on it?

drider
04-10-2005, 10:38 PM
OK only vibrates when im on the gas,(havent gone full throttle yet)doesnt vibrate when the clutch is pulled engage.

turboTony
04-11-2005, 04:56 PM
ride more, worry less.

MR.BIG
04-11-2005, 05:10 PM
The only noise mine ever had came from the heat shield on the header pipe. One of the bolts fell out and the noise it made sounded like the bottom end was going to blow. So make sure it isn't that. Just ride it or put a loud pipe on it so you don't hear it.
Option B take it back to the dealer it is under warranty for six months.

jeepnrocks
04-12-2005, 09:31 AM
sounds like your connecting rod is bent :(

Actually I had some vibration too. it drove me crazy at first. I even took it to the shop! Just check and make sure everything is tight. My vibration was a loose motor mount.

450rrider#55
04-12-2005, 08:08 PM
drider. Mine does the same thing. All it is the the clutch lever vibrating up and down. It is realy a good thing that it does that. It means that your clutch lever is not too tight. If you want it to stop just tighten the bolt on to of the clutch lever where it bolts up, but you don't want it so tight that you are causing too much friction.

drider
04-13-2005, 04:59 PM
450rrrider#55. hey man , yea. called up the dealer. I am goin to take it back on satruday. 16th april . So when the news come ill post it.

04-13-2005, 05:42 PM
check the rear brake (where you put your foot onto)...mine vibrates like CRAZY and I had to jb weld it to get it to stop

bloodhound400
04-13-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by drider
hello fellow riders. I have a vibration noise comming from the clutch handle. When i give it gas, makes the vibration noise. When i let off the gas. The vibration noise stops!! Its minor. But the 450 is just 2 days old?? What the heck?? i have the same problem on my 05 400 and its where the plastic with the neutral light in it touches the handle bars so put some pressure on the plastic when it makes the noise and see if that taks care of it. if thats it you can put electrical tape where it touches and it will be cured,worked for me anyways.:D

drider
04-13-2005, 07:25 PM
Hmm. ok i'll give a try. thanks everyone.

400exrider36
04-13-2005, 08:03 PM
earplugs should solve the problem;) :p