PDA

View Full Version : 400ex was smokeing today... ALOT!!!

One_Bad_400
04-10-2005, 07:18 PM
today me and my friend (bens250ex) wew ridding in creeks and in fields and all over and we rode for about 4 hours... and my 400ex never smoked... then at the end of the day we were coming in i decide to do a bicycle and i held it for about 2 minutes just ridding around... and bens dumb fart head never told me the HOLE time i was doing that my bike was smoking white smoke constently so i stop and he was like your smoking and i look at my exhaust and its smoking and then he goes your leaking and oil was coming from my air box:confused: :eek: so we take the seat off and that little clear box thing on the side of the snokle going to the carb was FULL of oil so i take it off and drain it out.. and i cheacked my dry sump and there was no oit in it what so ever... so i get it home and start it up and it wasnt smoking any more... checked the oil and it was full:confused: and then all of a sudden it starts smoking again... any one know whats happened... and what i can do

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid164/p0570c3f85dc13f6a5585fdbec04d86f2/f4832735.jpg

hondardr4life
04-10-2005, 07:27 PM
:huh :huh :huh So was the oil coming from the engine, up into that thing, and then into the airbox. I am kind of farmiliar with 400's cause I am always workign on my friends' because they'll foul a plug and think their engine blew. Well it's not that bad. But I have never heard of anythign like that ever happening, thats really weird. I'm thinkign that maybe since you were up on your side, the oil ran up that line into the airbox, but still thats a longshot.

bens250ex
04-10-2005, 07:35 PM
i didnt think about it while u were doing it about it smokin i was more concernd of payin attention to my riddin and plus im use to seein it smoke sometimes so i just thought well its nothin since it smokes some time...but when u stoped and it kept on that was weird...and then the oil started comin out

One_Bad_400
04-10-2005, 07:36 PM
my dad just called and i asked him aobut it and the first thing he asked is if i fliped it and i said no... and he said thats the only reson he would have on that happening... so i asked him if like doing wheelies would make it do it and he said if i keeped it up for like an hour... but i onow...

bens250ex
04-10-2005, 07:45 PM
hmmmm well i did keep that bycical goin for awile so best bet is thats what caused it

Pa400exracer
04-10-2005, 08:00 PM
i flipped my 400 today and it layed upsiede down for a while then i picked it back up and it started fine and didtn smoke on e bit:) IM HAPPY

derekhonda
04-10-2005, 08:15 PM
I stood a fourwheeler up on the grab bar for about 2 weeks one time and there was oil all in my airbox after that, the oil rand backwards throguh the head down into the chamber and back out the carb into the airbox. I cleaned it out real good started it up and it was fine. I have no idea how it would have happened in 2 minutes though?

One_Bad_400
04-10-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by bens250ex
hmmmm well i did keep that bycical goin for awile so best bet is thats what caused it

i've held a bicycle about 3 times longer then that... i only took like 4 laps around your yard and only 2 of them were allmost full laps...

One_Bad_400
04-11-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
I stood a fourwheeler up on the grab bar for about 2 weeks one time and there was oil all in my airbox after that, the oil rand backwards throguh the head down into the chamber and back out the carb into the airbox. I cleaned it out real good started it up and it was fine. I have no idea how it would have happened in 2 minutes though?

hey derekhonda... what all did you have to clean out... someones coming to look at buying it and i need to fix it fast

Rico
04-12-2005, 08:44 AM
That crank case breather tube normally gets oil in it when it's been over filled with oil..:cool:

ReconRider25
04-20-2005, 06:48 PM
^^mine has a spot on the inside of it from oil but my quad puffs blue smoke once in a while....:confused: ive never put more then 1 3/4 quarts in at one time...