PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever do this ???

blue416ex
04-10-2005, 06:18 PM
any one ever turbo a Z400 ?? just wondering i have a turbo laying around collecting dust and i was thinking about turboing my buddies Z400 i dont wanna mess up mine so he wants to do it to his cuz im zlways spanking him in races.. anyone ever attempt this on a quad before i know they make a kit but im talking about doing it as an at home project

just wondering

o0o the turbo is about the size of a soda can i think it can be done :D

2muchquad
04-10-2005, 07:00 PM
yeah there is a kit out there somewhere,i have never personally seen it done but make sure you get that compression down to 6.5 or 7 to 1 before you do anything.too high a compression ratio and the cylinder pressures would be out this world with a turbo.im sure it could be done with some research and ingenuity.but why?:confused:

blue416ex
04-10-2005, 07:11 PM
i dont know my friend has this big idea in his head that it will be "fast as hell" with a turbo i think hes an idiot personally he could only make about 3lbs of boost but anymore would be bad for the bike and he wants to buy one and put it on his and once we work out the kinks do it to mine i dont want it i think its garbage and a half

i know of the kit you are thinking of a craptor that rides in my pit has it and bounces off the revlimiter all day never going anywhere it revs and doesnt move much ? :confused: i think his Z will self destruct when he fires it with it in and working he thinks he can run like 15lbs of boost but i keep telling him hes going to blow it up he doesnt beleive me o0o well hell learn when he blows it up this week he wants to start on it tomorrow o0o well whatever floats his boat i guess. . . .

HondaR
04-10-2005, 09:52 PM
tell him to just sale his bike and get a 450r or a Yfz450 then he will be spankin your ***** haha