PDA

View Full Version : 400 ex lubricaion help quick

Pa400exracer
04-10-2005, 05:45 PM
Well, today i got out the 400 and went with my buddy up to murph to do some ridin.... im goin along this flat stretch in 3rd pull in the clutch rev it and dump it. I had a pretty good wheelie goin for a while then somehow i acc. pushed the throttle in the whole way, making it drag on the grab bar. Then as i was tryin to hit the brakes a stone or sumthin (pretty big rock im guessin) hit the right tire sending me into a cyclone kinda thing lol and the quad turned like 180 degreez and rolled onto me. I got up a.s.a.p. and flipped the four wheeler back on all fours and it fired right up;) no smoking or anything at all. after that i pulled over beside the trail and checked my oil resavior and the oil was the whole way up to the top of it? soo , i rode it around for a while and it didnt go down , then i cranked it down the road pretty good in 5th and the oil level went back to normal.

Soo , what would make the oil fill up the resaviour like that , and why wouldnt it smoke at all after laying upside down?

*srry for the length*

Pa400exracer
04-10-2005, 06:58 PM
ttt

Westro
04-10-2005, 07:32 PM
No foul no harm I guess

coryatver
04-10-2005, 09:01 PM
Well when it was upside down gravity made the oil in the bottom end run up into the oil tank. Then when you ran it, it ran back in. It didn't smoke becuase your rings and valve seals are not bad.

Pa400exracer
04-11-2005, 01:54 PM
ok , i figured it would be somethin like that thx for the info.