PDA

View Full Version : electrical problems

devildriver422
04-10-2005, 02:59 PM
ok i have a 2000 400ex, at first the sellenoid(sp?) would click every 1/10 times i started it, but then i'd just try again and itd work fine. lately it started doing it more, especially in the cold. i dont think its the battery because it doesnt even try to turn over, just clicksl. eventually, it started clicking every time, and so i'd just put a screwdriver across the sellenoid to start it. the nuetral light was also flickering, as well as the lights, but higher rpm's itd be brighter. then the other day, even that didnt work, so i had to pop start it. then it died in the middle of a creek, and when we finally got it out, the nuetral light wouldnt come on at all. we got it started and it ran fine, but now i need to pop start it every time. what could it be

Toadz400
04-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Mine's been having almost the same problems as you. I'd recommend replacing the solenoid and make sure to check that the cable to your starter is intact. I found mine chewed up in my sprocket after it wouldn't start anymore and I'd just hear the solenoid clicking. Other than that, just make sure all the connections are good.

duke416ex
04-11-2005, 09:04 AM
Try taking the terminals off the solenoid and off the battery and clean them real good. I would even run a little sand paper on them til the get all the dull off. Hook them back up and see if that helps any. Mine did that a few times and that's all I did.

devildriver422
04-16-2005, 12:45 PM
well we checked the connections, cleaned them all, checked the starter cable, and we're pretty sure its the solenoid. thanks for the advice