PDA

View Full Version : when adding a cam

05-13-2002, 10:02 PM
hey i am thinking of putting a web cam all around cam or a white bros cam what do i have to do to install this do i have to do something different with my valves or do i have can i just run it with a stock motor please reply a bet with a buddy

02 400 ac nerfs, k&n filter, white bros pipe, rev box and k&n jet kit and cool cover over the airbox with no lid

VegasEx'r
05-13-2002, 10:38 PM
With the all around cam, you don't have to do anything else to the engine. It is a "drop-in" cam. You do need to adjust your valves when you put the motor back together, though.

deansfastway
05-14-2002, 09:14 AM
you need a press to remove and install the cam sprocket gears and compression release assy be very careful when pressing the cam sprocket hub they are VERY EASY to break . Some cams use the releaser some do not , some require stiffer springs and maybe shortened guides but these are the more wilder cams a good all around cam is WHITE BROS #1498 it is actually their track cam but it seems to work good all around even with stock compression ratio . If youre gonna go that far and if youre engine is pretty fresh maybe you should slip in a higher C/R piston kit then you would have something pretty strong . FASTWAY MOTORSPORTS

patrick delao
05-14-2002, 12:02 PM
you don't need to press in anything I put the XR 400 cam in my 440 and the cam sprockets bolt on and the compression release is a little spring and pin and when you take out the can becarefull the little pin doesn't fall in the motor. Oh also any cam really likes it alot if you put more compression with it

deansfastway
05-15-2002, 09:14 AM
THE XR400 cam I sell with my kits is a XR400 HRC cam most people dont know about this but HRC is Hondas Racing Development Program . This cam is almost always on backorder . It is a new piece not a regrind it costs around $250 retail. The stock xr400 cam is a good drop in and puts out more power than trx cam . I really like the WHITE BROTHERS 1498 cam (web regrind) its a good buy for the money and makes godd all around power and a good rev at top . Should put a 10.8 piston also . I have also had good luck with CRYOTHERM treating the rockers. CRYOTHERM ; cold treating process of items by deep freezing to -300 below zero . OK JUST A THOUGHT , FASTWAY MOTORSPORTS deanholonics@msn.com CRYOTHERM; www.300belowedisoninc.com NEWJERSEY