PDA

View Full Version : going to the dunes for the 1st time and have ?'s

One_Bad_400
04-09-2005, 11:42 PM
hey... im going to the dunes for the first time and im hiped:D ... and im coming from Memphis TN and i want to know where the best camp sites are at little sahara...

and i would also like to know if there are any camps or w/e that have rent a quads? becasue i dont really feel like taking my MX bike and the sand taring something up, and i dont want to rent a 250ex or something... something hi-perf... im thinking of taking my drag banshee and putting the stock swinger on it and the shocks back on but i onow if my dad will let me

thanks... and any tips and trick to do to a quad before you take it up there and why your up there... any info will help

kssandduner
04-10-2005, 01:03 PM
Unfortunately there are no places to rent quads down there. As far as best camping spots, it kinda depends on when you get down there. This is a really busy time of year down there, so your choices might be kind of limited. If you are looking for a quieter less rowdy campground, I would choose the north campground. That's where my parent's always want to camp. It's also cool cause the gate into the park is right at the big dunes! But if you're looking for more of the partying scene, definitely the south campground! But of course the south campground fills up first. You might want to go to www.waynoka.com and look into reserving a spot. The whole park isn't reservation yet, but it's a good way to get a spot in the south camp.

Joe

One_Bad_400
04-10-2005, 08:13 PM
deffinently the south:D well im going around july 10th...so how fast do i need to reserve one before they start getting filled up around july

aviator4
04-10-2005, 08:21 PM
We recommend reserving a spot as soon as you can. You HAVE to reserve at least seven days in advance.

Th reserved spots aren't part of the state camping, they are privatley owned, but the sites with power and water tend to be larger than the state sites.

kssandduner
04-11-2005, 01:13 AM
Is the state camping eventually going to be reservation too??

Joe

ds650rider
04-11-2005, 07:28 AM
All good advice. But this is where you need to go to reserve camping.

Little Sahara Power Sports (http://www.lspsonline.com/)