PDA

View Full Version : for pep shock owner

ct_racer
04-09-2005, 07:50 PM
hi, I just want to know how do you ajust your pep shock, is there a special tool to do that because it is really hard for me on mine to push the shock down and change the C clip place with a pair of pliers or something like that. what are your own techniques to ajust these shock
thanks

Fast350ex
04-09-2005, 09:16 PM
Use 2 people.
Have your friend push down on the shock, while you move the C- clip.
Then let the spring up slowly because sometimes the clip will want to move. You have to make shure it fits just right.

TC426EX
04-10-2005, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Fast350ex
Use 2 people.
Have your friend push down on the shock, while you move the C- clip.
Then let the spring up slowly because sometimes the clip will want to move. You have to make shure it fits just right.

^^ Thats what I do as well...

NacsMXer
04-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Here's what I do when I don't have a helping hand: I lift up on the front bumper till it reaches the end of the shock's upward travel, then I put my knee under the frame to hold it up, thus loosening the spring tension and allowing me to pull the ZPS collar down to the C-clip so that I can move it. Works everytime, you can do it trackside - no tools needed :D .

R3Concepts
04-10-2005, 12:29 PM
do what he said..you put the bike on a stand, or a jack stand, take all the weight off the shocks, then it slides down no problem.