PDA

View Full Version : How much air do you run in your tires?

warrior86
05-13-2002, 08:15 PM
I am an mx racer and have 18X9.5x8 turf tammers on rear and 10x5 groove radials on front. How much air should i run depending on if the track is tackey or hard packed?

hetrick425ex
05-14-2002, 05:49 AM
Hey i race MX also... in my tamers i run 8lbs unless its muddy than i use either like 5-6lbs (keep in mind i have beadlocks) or throw my razr's on.... i run like 10 all the time up front but i still have the stock fronts...cant wait to get my holeshots...
Later

BigGun400EX
05-14-2002, 08:24 AM
I ran 5 when I first got my tamers, went up to 6, then 7. I think they spin in turns allot better with that little bit of higher air pressure. I'm still stying to find the right amount to be perfect for the turns and not too much bounce on the jumps. I've only got 6 in my holeshot fronts I havn't messed with them much yet. Havn't had em too long.

breaks-alot
05-14-2002, 03:32 PM
I also have the tamers on my rear and when I just got a new set on my beadlocks one of my friends was over (who happens to be a pro racer who finished 7th at Red Bud being 18 years old (Matt Bartoseic) And he was going to take my 400 down the road doing wheelies and told me to run 10 pound of pressure in each tire exactly 10 pounds. So I have been ridding with that much air in my tires for a while now and I use t be running like 6/12 and 10 pound is way better! Doesn’t bounce on jumps and grips great and I only weigh 140. On whoops I get a few kickers here and there so I think about 9 will be good for when I am training at my fav whoop filled track. In a muddy MX track drop it down 2 PSI (so your still use to your bikes handling on dry spots) and just keep you weight back! I also see these ppl sitting down on straight-aways and it pisses me off that they don't get there arms fully extended with there *** a little bit off the seat and rip the **** outa the track. That’s all you have to do when its muddy is out ride the other racers and use different braking techniques in the corners. And for fronts keep them the same as normal if u have aftermarket tire’s (mx’s or radials) just keep testing until u find what feels right at the certain track. Find a pressure that doesn’t push and still sets nice on landings.

Hope I helped,
Ben #16

hetrick425ex
05-14-2002, 04:35 PM
o you know matt bartosek too?
coo whats ur last name.. ?
i found that 10 is a little to high and i weigh 200lbs haha
personal preference...
later

beerock
05-14-2002, 04:59 PM
i run 10psi in front and 4-5 psi in the rear

05-15-2002, 07:24 AM
I run 10 up front and around 8 in the rear..

crashinmatt
05-15-2002, 10:40 AM
same as rico, around 10 in my front holeshots, and around 8 in my rear holeshots on beadlocks for dryer conditions, and around 5 in the rears for wetter conditions