PDA

View Full Version : Elka Spring Seats

rowlrag
05-13-2002, 07:25 PM
The position for the spring seats (crossovers) on the triple rates is the long end up on the top one, and the long end down on the second one.

The quad rates can all have the long ends up.

05-14-2002, 07:39 AM
Im new to this site and have read earlier posts from yourself ,Jeff, and Marty from the quadshop saying the exact opposite of this posting...earlier posts have (long lips up on both) Maybe this kind of wish-wash back and forth about these shocks are whats giving them a bad rap...plus not being put together right in the first place...do some research and go back a few pages and read your own writings....not cutting elka...but id order from elka direct if i were going to buy their suspension....my 2 cents!!!!!!

05-14-2002, 08:45 AM
Smokin400EX

I agree with you 100%. The quadshop is not helping out Elka one bit. 90% of the complaints from people that get their Elka shocks and are not happy with the way the feel they have purchased from the quadshop. I called Elka and I was talking to them about that and Elka told me that they order up a 160lb. to 180lb. generic setup shock and put springs on it when someone orders them. They put the colors on wrong and someone just got a set of shocks they forgot to even put a color on one of the shocks. They are hurting Elka's business!

05-14-2002, 09:05 AM
:eek:

JhallettEX
05-14-2002, 09:24 AM
I am not flamein on the quadshop at all, they are great guys and offer great info and give people great prices on parts. This site would not even be up and running if it wasn't for the quadshop.

Elka is a great shock, top of the line, you all have to understand that Jeff and Marty keep these shocks in stock they are not made just for you so everything is not going to be the way you want it.

If anyone is interested in ELKA shocks and wants to shop around I would check out http://www.cdracingonline.com they are a top of the line bussiness that sells anything you need at a great, if not better prices than anyone else. When you buy ELKA'a from them they are made for you, they are even sent to you from ELKA directly. Check them out and give them a chance. Talk to Kolby or Dusty.

PsychoDave
05-14-2002, 11:19 AM
i love C&D racing..they were great to me and they had the lowest prices i could find......the service was great too.

kabd69667
05-14-2002, 01:18 PM
If everyone is worried about getting screwed, why not just pay a little more and order them direct from Elka

Leo
05-14-2002, 04:08 PM
Funny, my shocks came custom valved and sprung from the quadshop..

It also strikes me a bit strange that everyone who yips about the quadshop not setting the shocks up correctly has cdracingonline in there sigs...

hmmmm...

Leo

Marty@TheQuadshop
05-14-2002, 04:16 PM
Here is some info on the go between spacers.
Most of the shocks are triple rate with a main spring,heavy middle36mmx40mm spring,and the third spring is the SSD36mmx70mm or36mmx55mm.In the triple rate set up the go between spacers are facing up for the top one and facing down for the bottom ones.In this set you dont want to limit the middle spring.Like this.

Marty@TheQuadshop
05-14-2002, 04:19 PM
On a quad rate set all the go betweens are facing up so that all the spring come into effect.Like on this long travel quad rate shock,this is rollrags:p

mrusk
05-14-2002, 04:19 PM
So for you guys that had them wrong you changed it to that way right?

matt

Marty@TheQuadshop
05-14-2002, 04:24 PM
For such racing as TT or flat track a person coul up there go betweens facing up on there triple rate,which will help in boby roll.
Heres the old go between set up with removeable rings.

If someone was wanting more sage they could cut there rings down.All the rings can work in different ways.There set up for your riding style.

05-14-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Leo

It also strikes me a bit strange that everyone who yips about the quadshop not setting the shocks up correctly has cdracingonline in there sigs...

hmmmm...

Leo

Well if you would take a scroll up the screen you would notice that not everyone has cdracing in their sigs......just my 2 cents

Marty@TheQuadshop
05-14-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by smokin400ex
Im new to this site and have read earlier posts from yourself ,Jeff, and Marty from the quadshop saying the exact opposite of this posting...earlier posts have (long lips up on both) Maybe this kind of wish-wash back and forth about these shocks are whats giving them a bad rap...plus not being put together right in the first place...do some research and go back a few pages and read your own writings....not cutting elka...but id order from elka direct if i were going to buy their suspension....my 2 cents!!!!!!

Wish-wash thing happen sometimes but most people are trying to help.Rowlrag has is set up different from other shocks so he just telling what he knows.

Originally posted by Roostin
Smokin400EX

I agree with you 100%. The quadshop is not helping out Elka one bit. 90% of the complaints from people that get their Elka shocks and are not happy with the way the feel they have purchased from the quadshop. I called Elka and I was talking to them about that and Elka told me that they order up a 160lb. to 180lb. generic setup shock and put springs on it when someone orders them. They put the colors on wrong and someone just got a set of shocks they forgot to even put a color on one of the shocks. They are hurting Elka's business!

Elka Suspension is 110% happy with THEQUADSHOP.Please send them a email and ask them yourself.The only people that are upset with us is the other Elka retailers they call Elka weekly asking Elka to do something about are prices.The only thing can do is ask us to advertise as retail which we do.We sell over 40 pairs of shocks a month and still growing.We do15- 20 Macdaddy(Elka conversion kits)a month.

Yes its ture I forgot to send someone a go between spacer.That person contacted me and I nextday air one to him right away.

None of the shock we sell are a generic setup with spring put on them.

If anyone gets shocks built by us there professionally done by us.
We use Elka's formulas and go by there spring rates and valving.
there is no way that anyone could tell if we build them or Elka has built them.We have of $3000 of in stock springs,valve shims,seal heads,go betweens,collars and more in stock.I can build shocks from parts I have on the shelf if i had to.

As for Hurting Elka's buisness not ture,I have been with Elka since the've made there first atv shock.

THEQUADSHOP is here to help you get the best parts at the best prices.Sometimes we dont get everything to you right away,are supplier get behind not us.Jeff and I work very hard to make all are customers happy.

Heres a picture of a old yellow Elka spring, hypercoil spring,Elka's new springs,what the call a triple rate spring that goes in the middle and some different SSD springs.

velociraptor
05-14-2002, 05:31 PM
Well I know when I called Marty to order a set of Elka's he asked me everything from how much I weighed to what typpe or riding I did, when I asked him why he wanted to know all this info he said to set my shocks up for specifically for me and my style of riding.(Not just drag racing Rico :) The funnny thing about this whole matter is how some people conduct there business, some try to bash other company's reputations in order to gain customers. I have never once heard Marty or Jeff say anything bad about any other ATV business to try to gain customers. Marty has even recomended me to other places he doesn't have sometihng, which is rare. A business is not made or broken by one or two customers or a rival business. People look for great deals and great service. My hats off to you Marty and Jeff!!! Keep up th good work, You know where I will be buying parts from for years to come.:devil

Marty@TheQuadshop
05-14-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Leo

hmmmm...

Leo :eek::confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:

Tommy 17
05-14-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by velociraptor
Well I know when I called Marty to order a set of Elka's he asked me everything from how much I weighed to what typpe or riding I did, when I asked him why he wanted to know all this info he said to set my shocks up for specifically for me and my style of riding.(Not just drag racing Rico :) The funnny thing about this whole matter is how some people conduct there business, some try to bash other company's reputations in order to gain customers. I have never once heard Marty or Jeff say anything bad about any other ATV business to try to gain customers. Marty has even recomended me to other places he doesn't have sometihng, which is rare. A business is not made or broken by one or two customers or a rival business. People look for great deals and great service. My hats off to you Marty and Jeff!!! Keep up th good work, You know where I will be buying parts from for years to come.:devil

perfectly said... i def know where i will be buyin my shocks!! and stuff

MEL
05-14-2002, 08:13 PM
When i first got my elkas from The Quadshop my fronts were to stiff. I contacted them and they said to get them back to them and they take care of it. I had my shocks back in 1 week and i am very satisfied with them. I'd buy from them again anyday. As far as all the elka and Quadshop bashing, why don't you guys open up your own shop, sponser exriders, and let the rest of us flame on you. Keep it up and we'll be lucky if ACME Atvs will sponser us.

Crypted1
05-14-2002, 08:49 PM
Hey I feel for the Quadshop, they sell mass amounts of shocks. So maybe they frogot something, they fixed it and shipped it next day air. Free of charge to the customer I think! I'm having trouble keeping up with my orders, and I don't sell any where near the volume the Quadshop does. It takes ALOT of work to keep all of you guys happy. Think about two guys building that many shocks and working another job! I know they don't get much sleep, so they made a mistake. they took care of their mess up. All I have to say is keep up the good work Marty and Jeff. Running a shop is more wok than most of you think. Just ask them they will tell you.

cdalejef
05-15-2002, 03:05 AM
Its hard work but well worth it!:cool: Can I quit my night job yet?:confused: :confused: :confused:

05-15-2002, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by MEL
As far as all the elka and Quadshop bashing, why don't you guys open up your own shop, sponser exriders, and let the rest of us flame on you.

Mel you forgot to end it with,,,, so put that in your pipe and smoke it..:eek:

I think the quadshop is doin a good job,,I'll be doin my shock purchasing with them..:D