PDA

View Full Version : 450r hrc power upgrade?

dj400ex
04-08-2005, 07:49 PM
my friend is gettin a 450r and there is a hrc power up kit and he was wonderin how much of a difference it would make.

nat3060
04-08-2005, 08:25 PM
like night and day i hear

and im about to find that out myself

KEVIN132
04-09-2005, 05:03 AM
installed kit on my bike the only thing i dont use is the exhaust end cap only use it at races. keep the peace you know!it works good.

450 grr
04-09-2005, 07:03 PM
i have the hrc kit and some guys i ride with dont have it and i know they are hating life right now. I was riding today and a guy riding a yfz pulls up and says do you want to race and i said yes well i smoked him doing a wheelie in third gear I beat him by 2 bike lenghts

Mike545
04-09-2005, 07:09 PM
i have it. love it , recommend it to all.:)

drider
04-09-2005, 08:41 PM
Alright.guys. What are the power differences. Lets say. #1 450r has full HRC kit. #2 450R has a slip on pipe,(jetted etc) Which 450 will have more power?? and i wana know, how's the hrc cam? What power increase to do gain, bottom,mid,top.

This is my plan, i have a 05 450r, plan, to get Curtis Sparks pipe, Esr box eliminator, n a HRC cam. I ride sand.

jeepnrocks
04-09-2005, 09:04 PM
the hrc is a mid-top cam and one of the best cams you can get for your 450r. stock 450r uses a 118 main and an hrc 450r uses a 180.

dj400ex
04-10-2005, 01:42 PM
can u use the hrc kit and race in the stock class?

KEVIN132
04-10-2005, 04:04 PM
its not stock is it !you dont want to get caught cheetin just earn it!:(

garett
04-10-2005, 07:45 PM
my bud has hrc kit i like it , i went with a yoshi pipe n had a ehs lid so i didnt get 1 , but i like my mods just as well if more than his hrc , but it is a very nice setup

Seano
04-11-2005, 04:08 AM
would you guys recomend hrc kit or exhaust and open airbox and rejetting?

garett
04-11-2005, 07:04 AM
hrc kit prob , it has a cam also bud , if ya got full exhaust, cam ,and modded lid and re,jetted then id go without it , basically it comes down to the same thing but runnin stock exhaust modded , or gettin a full exhaust i think

MR.BIG
04-11-2005, 02:16 PM
I have the hrc kit and it pulls good from midrange up. It definately
makes a good power increase. I just installed a power now kit,
chm exhaust, curtis sparks air filter kit, and rejetted. The thing absolutely flies. So the exhaust makes the hrc kit even better.

Mike545
04-11-2005, 02:40 PM
im just wondering with the hrc kit what is the exhaust db? and is it worth it to get a nother ehxaust like fmf, etc..., but how loud are they,

MR.BIG
04-11-2005, 05:18 PM
A lot of pipes for the 450r are loud. The chm exhaust makes excellent power. The sound level is 98db. They have a piece you can put in it to make it 96 which is very close to what it sounds like with the stock exhaust. But to me its not that loud to do that.
I got the complete exhaust for $385. It fits perfect to all the stock mounts. There pipes made the most horsepower on the crf450r.

jmpulse
04-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
96 which is very close to what it sounds like with the stock exhaust.

96dB is no where close to stock sounding. I am running 93dB, and That is still louder that stock!.

garett
04-11-2005, 08:17 PM
dont know what my full yoshi exhaust w/o spark arrestor is ? but it sounds sweet , sounds like im flying ;) lmfao

450 grr
04-12-2005, 05:18 PM
i would definately get the hrc kit over the full system especialy if you have a full waranty on it. because with the hrc kit there is no guessing on what jet to use its already been pre determined by the r/d deparement at Honda and as for the sound of the pipe with the hrc kit it sounds very good it has a deep sound to it but everytime i go to the state parks they try to give me **** about it being to loud but then they test it and it passes. if you get the hrc kit the yfz will not beat you if you can ride

garett
04-12-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by 450 grr
i would definately get the hrc kit over the full system especialy if you have a full waranty on it. because with the hrc kit there is no guessing on what jet to use its already been pre determined by the r/d deparement at Honda and as for the sound of the pipe with the hrc kit it sounds very good it has a deep sound to it but everytime i go to the state parks they try to give me **** about it being to loud but then they test it and it passes. if you get the hrc kit the yfz will not beat you if you can ride

definately? i mite say maybe at the most , full exhaust and cam is very very nice also , actually i like it more. the full pipe looks sweet , as well as performs nice , and i like my stage 2 , as well as the lid i have a ehs racing lid which , i think is alot nicer, dont get me wrong the hrc is nice , but you act like it cant be beat? as far as jetting , most can figure it out. not that big of deal :bandit:

Seano
04-13-2005, 03:00 AM
what if i just get that ehs lid and rejet, score an hrc end pipe off e-bay? would that give me a noticible increrase in power? would rather not open the head and do a cam change if i can help it.

garett
04-13-2005, 08:35 AM
yeas you will prob get a lil gain , more air flow , jetting , more response im thinkin , cam is the sweet spot tho, im going to go with a high comp piston setup , got to order it this weekend i cant wait , i heard it makes the r freaky:) , me likee freaky , lmao
:eek2:

450 grr
04-13-2005, 06:07 PM
hey garret if you have what you say you have in your quad, ill race you and i only have the hrc kit in mine and i guarantee you that i could beat you best out of three drag races or on a track.........not being cocky but im just saying that even with all the upgrageds on any quad it mostly comes down to the rider........now if your the better rider than you probably will win best out of three

trost66
04-13-2005, 06:51 PM
I would say a full exhaust would be more helpful than cam. I got sparks full system and took the lid complety off. Went from a 118 main to a 190. It was a night and day difference. Put the crf cam in made a difference on the bottom to mid but not as much as the pipe did. It also depends on what type of riding you do. With the hrc you will loose power on the bottom and gain on the top. I think for mx it wouldn't be a very good cam. For the dumes and drag racing it would be pretty good.

garett
04-13-2005, 08:20 PM
yes 450 you dont even know me and ya wanna drag? lmao you would definatly beat me ? you right buddy the hrc kit is hands down the best you can get ;) and you are right bout the rider , holeshots ,and bike setup all the key factors . well put i guess your just better than me bud . sheesh ( you sure have alot of definate guarentee, i hate it when these chats come to this crap , its supposed to be a nice helpful room, instead ya get these folks sayin all kinds of crap, and they never seen ya ride , or your bike , makes no sense, cheer up dude , GOD LOVES YOU:)_

garett
04-13-2005, 08:22 PM
o yeah 1 more thing , if i was gonna lie bout the mods i have , my sig would be a lot bigger LOL , im 30 not 15 , got better things to do ,

Tumbleweed
04-15-2005, 06:16 PM
HRC Kit....yeah. I got mine installed last month, did one short test ride on some wet sand that day and now again today on a variety of dry/wet beach sand. Night and day. Rev's much faster than stock and traction is a problem. I have straight hauler paddles and am going to have to get something else. Actually a lil slower overall than stock due to lack of traction!

I have the extended warranty, so that's why I went HRC kit. I like it but the rooster tail it sends out at nearly any speed/gear is ridiculous! Can anybody suggest a better tire??? :ermm:

450 grr
04-17-2005, 02:53 PM
Garett I wasnt bashing you your bike or you as a rider im just saying all these mods are basically the same thing on a 4 stroke. and your right again god loves everyone even yfz's. Im 26 and not 15 i dont know why it says junior member.but anyways happy riding buddy:) :D :D :D :D :D