PDA

View Full Version : Bent spindle/knuckle or other problem?

K400EX&A250EX
04-08-2005, 06:54 PM
I have TWO 400exs (stock front ends) that have been in rollovers that have the same problem that I'm hoping some of you guys can help me diagnose. I replaced the bars on one and the bars and steering stem on the other...which fixed those issues...but there is one other issue I'm hoping for some help on.

On both bikes, the right front tire/wheel leans in toward the bike from bottom to top. As near as I can tell from reading the FAQ on front end adjustments, I THINK that is called negative Camber. I've looked the A-Arms and Tie Rods over good it does not look like anything is bent.

My questions are as follows: Could the camber get out of allignment from rolling the bike...or is that something that would stay put once you got it alligned? Is it more likely that something is bent? Would a bent spindle (assuming that the A-Arms and tie-rods are OK) cause the negative Camber?

Any info would be appreciated. I have learned A LOT about our bikes (especially the 400EXs) on these forums over the last couple of years and hope that someone can give me some hints on how to troubleshoot THIS problem.

smith_400ex_213
04-08-2005, 07:36 PM
check ur upper a-arm that mighta bent and check that ball joint area too.u can also check the spindle wont hurt

Cody_300ex
04-09-2005, 01:53 PM
You might want to check for chipped or cracked paint as that is a dead give away for something thats bent or cracked.

Woodsrider
04-09-2005, 08:46 PM
I'd just about bet that the frames are twisted. Mine is the same way. As long as nothing is cracked, just ride it, it will be fine. ;)