PDA

View Full Version : I think I've got a problem. Need help quick.

250xridamatt
04-08-2005, 01:59 PM
I just took of my back plastics to make sure everything was lookin good. I noticed a brake resavoir was resting on my pipe. Now there is a little mount right above it. Does that resavoir mount up there? Because i dont think they would just have it hanging like that. If I need a bolt, could i stop at a honda dealer, and pick one up? I'm goin to a new track tomorrow afternoon, and I don't want anything stupid to happen to me when im there.

duke416ex
04-08-2005, 02:48 PM
It should mount pretty close to the pipe on the frame. You can go to Honda and get one, but if they are like the local store here they won't have it. You might be able to go to the hardware store, or a screw store and get it. The head was probably an 8mm, whatever that makes the threads.

250xridamatt
04-08-2005, 07:17 PM
Well i cant go to the track tomorrow, so i have some time. But what would i ask for when i go to the dealership? I'm sure they would get confused if i explained it to them.

416exmx
04-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by 250xridamatt
But what would i ask for when i go to the dealership? I'm sure they would get confused if i explained it to them.

walk in and say... " Hello there, nice weather huh!" (if its nice out). Then say "I need the bolt for a 87 Honda 250x that holds the rear brake reservoir onto the frame." The parts guy will look it up and say "That'll be $2.59 (approximate figure) and it will be here in 3 days." (if the guy is good, he will get just a random bolt that will fit your needs and may not even have to order it.) You then squirm around, and mumble how outrageous that is as you reach in your pocket for the money. Walk out, go home, put the bolt in, post on here that it worked, then make a new post about how outrageous honda part prices are. HAHA, hope this helps.

250xridamatt
04-08-2005, 07:55 PM
HAHA, I was going to get some new lugnuts for my rims. They wanted like 3 dollars a peice. I'm like thats so rediculous, and walked out.

450 Racer R
04-08-2005, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by 416exmx
walk in and say... " Hello there, nice weather huh!" (if its nice out). Then say "I need the bolt for a 87 Honda 250x that holds the rear brake reservoir onto the frame." The parts guy will look it up and say "That'll be $2.59 (approximate figure) and it will be here in 3 days." (if the guy is good, he will get just a random bolt that will fit your needs and may not even have to order it.) You then squirm around, and mumble how outrageous that is as you reach in your pocket for the money. Walk out, go home, put the bolt in, post on here that it worked, then make a new post about how outrageous honda part prices are. HAHA, hope this helps.

lol, everytime I buy something from the dealer (oil/oil filter) I'm like "god damn:eek2:... do you take visa?"