PDA

View Full Version : 400ex Crank Bearing. HELP!!!

Knarf0486
04-08-2005, 01:31 PM
I'm looking into possibly purchasing a 2001 400ex this weekend, i talked to the kid selling it and he said theres nothin wrong with it except the crank bearing is shot. he says it runs fine but could use a new bearing. Is that something that can cause serious problems? is it a hard fix? what should i look for when im goin to look at it? Any kind of help is appreciated, thanks.

400exredrider
04-08-2005, 02:12 PM
could cause very serious problems.... id stay away from that one

crazyatvn
04-09-2005, 06:30 AM
how does he know the crank bearing is bad. If he knows what he is talking about it is a bad deal. Not easy to fix. alot of work to do to fix it.

Knarf0486
04-09-2005, 08:35 AM
thanks for the help guys but i aint goin to look at it anymore today, f***in kid calls me up this morning and says his parents wont let him sell it anymore. can you believe this, ive been arranging a time to meet up with him for the last two weeks. last weekend he has to go build a dock in nh, and i was supposed to finally go today, wat a bunch of bs. guess i better keep looking. anyone wanna trade their quad for a 2001 kx 125. thanks anyways.

TC426EX
04-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Youre better off without that quad man... Im having work done on my crank now and its a big hassle to get the work done. You have to take the whole engine apart and split the cases to pull the crank out and replace the bearings... If it truly has a bad crank bearing, it could cause SERIOUS damage if its not fixed...

04-11-2005, 09:37 PM
if that crank bearing is shot then you have play/movement in your crankshaft. that movement is wearing so much you dont even know. if that bearing were to fall apart, then say good bye to your piston, rod, cylinder, and much more problems and say hello to a big parts bill. if he rode it with a shot bearing, chances are that damage has been done. it will require alot of removal and inspecting all of your other components on a mic. i would not buy it if the kid rode it with a shot bearing. that is what i think