PDA

View Full Version : the smartest decision...

WOracing
04-08-2005, 08:08 AM
probably not but im sick of hearing how loud TC exhausts are so im going to buy one for the 450. i want to see how loud they are for myself and personaly when i listen to clips of them, their the sickest exhaust ive ever heard. ill let you guys know my own opinion a few months from now when i actually have 600 dollars.

Mxjunkie
04-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Have fun getting noise complaints, they run around 110-112db while your other pipes run at 92-98

Scott-300ex
04-08-2005, 11:00 AM
loud pipes piss me off, my cousins friends have loud ones and he has the stock one, so do i, its nice cuz its quiet, but still sounds good when it pulls, one of them just took out the spark arrester, they think it sounds awsome i think it sounds like a big yellow piece of $hit.

my friend sitting next to me right now lives by them and asked me if i was talkin about these kids, i'm like yeah, he's like they annoy the hell out of me too at midnight drivin down the road, they are so loud, im like yep

keep it quiet

quiet is cool

DeerNuts
04-08-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex

keep it quiet

quiet is cool

If your're 80 then maybe.
But I guess if youre 80 you cant hear well anyway:ermm:

Still, I know what you mean man. The tip taken off the stocker does sound crappy. people that ride at odd hours with loud pipes are VERY annoying.
There is a definite line between nicely loud and obnoxiously loud.

Still, the stock exhaust sounds like crap IMO. At least on the 400.

Sportrax10
04-08-2005, 01:07 PM
You might be better off looking for a more quiet pipe...

There are good "less noise" options that still keep the hp up...

FTR250Rnif
04-08-2005, 01:47 PM
Tc's are sik. im not a loud pipe "hater" so im not gonna act like one. but i really woulndy get one unless your racing.just think of this

"LESS SOUND=MORE GROUND" it really is true. Noise is mainly the only reason why places get shutdown

WOracing
04-08-2005, 05:18 PM
i dont really care what anyone else thinks...im getting one and if they have a problem with the loudness then ill take it off, simple as that. but i want the cops at my house telling me so. sounds a little like an ******* comment but i just want one.

muddy400EX
04-08-2005, 09:47 PM
i love loud pipes on quads. people can put loud exhaust on harleys, sportbikes, cars, trucks and everything else with a motor, so hell ya im gonna have exhaust on my quad! im sick of people complaining about noise, i wish they just stop *****ing

kicken250x
04-08-2005, 09:57 PM
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIFES!!

im personaly a fan of a loud pipe, but that could just be because i like things to where they are almost annoying to ride in/drive. i do a lot of riding late at night (from 11-5 depending on how drunk all the old guys decide to get) so i still keep my stocker handy for those rides out of respect for the land owners. i try not to be an *** about it. ive got it down to about a 30 second swap with the impact wrench on hand from the time i pull in the building to the time i pull out.

blue416ex
04-08-2005, 10:04 PM
i heard a TC on a yfz like 2 weekend ago i thought it sounded like Crap IMO i like my Custom Shorty duncan pipe nice grunty sound but nice and its louder by far but mine sounds better more crisp like comparing Tommey T-5's to FMF fattys the crispness is there while gaining the loudness i like to only hear MY motor when im ridn not everyone lese around me i wanna hear what my motor is doing not the guy next to me, mine would NEVER pass on sound regulations maybe if trhe bumped them up to o0o say 120Db's or so i might pass then if the TC runs at about 112 lol :macho

WOracing
04-09-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by blue416ex
i heard a TC on a yfz like 2 weekend ago i thought it sounded like Crap IMO i like my Custom Shorty duncan pipe nice grunty sound but nice and its louder by far but mine sounds better more crisp like comparing Tommey T-5's to FMF fattys the crispness is there while gaining the loudness i like to only hear MY motor when im ridn not everyone lese around me i wanna hear what my motor is doing not the guy next to me, mine would NEVER pass on sound regulations maybe if trhe bumped them up to o0o say 120Db's or so i might pass then if the TC runs at about 112 lol :macho

i do know you said IMO but they dont sound like ****. not trying to start anything though:)

SGA
04-09-2005, 02:56 PM
Im not a big fan of loud pipes except at at races and way out in the country totally away from all houses. Listening to loud pipes constantly piss people off including me.

I really dont mind the occasional loud pipe that goes by, its the ones that go back and forth, day after day, and at all hours. Almost always punk *** kids with no respect for thier neighbors.

You stop them and ask them nicely please dont be riding by after 11:00 cause im trying to sleep. What do you get, your yard spun up by quads.
And people wonder why quads get a bad rap...

Stevie-D
04-09-2005, 06:26 PM
lmao..you think a tc pipe is loud?

ive got a dakota with split duals on it. well the pipe connecting the headers to the y- pipe came off the front end, and is just hanging. so i've got a striaght pipe for now. that thing is so obnoxiously loud it's not even funny. my brother was in the house when i left the other day and he said that the walls shook when i stepped on it.

monday it's getting welded together, so no more obnoxiously loud exhaust. still, with 2 baffled glasspacked tips and no muffler, it still has a pretty good roar :devil:

born-2-race
04-09-2005, 06:50 PM
Loud pipes don't bother me but if you buy a pipe because of how loud it is than you have too much money to throw around. Get a pipe because of the power increase.

blue416ex
04-09-2005, 07:56 PM
i noticed an increase in power after i chopped my duncan down to about 8 inches from their factory 15 or so its loud but i ride to the pit ride there and only come home for gas or to stay home and its away from houses and almost every person around here is on a thumper thats piped like mine so its noit like people hate them i mean we all have them :ermm: :macho

Mxjunkie
04-09-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by WOracing
i do know you said IMO but they dont sound like ****. not trying to start anything though:)

I have a friend with one on his 350x/250r and it doesnt sound good IMO, its just too loud but the power is there to an extent.

derekhonda
04-09-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
i love loud pipes on quads. people can put loud exhaust on harleys, sportbikes, cars, trucks and everything else with a motor, so hell ya im gonna have exhaust on my quad! im sick of people complaining about noise, i wish they just stop *****ing

.....except harleys arent in danger of getting the roads taken away from them, neither are cars and trucks. So, out of respect for the common man, and fellow riders, keep it quiet.

jvd182
04-09-2005, 09:49 PM
i might cut down my yoshi, i really dont have to worry because my neighbors ride, or are bikers so i dont think they care

Scott-300ex
04-10-2005, 02:01 PM
i like loud cars, mine sounds good, and it don't have to be loud, just throaty, and how its tuned and the cam

i'll tell you what i like to hear and like loud, are 2-strokes, ah man, i love the sound of them

and 2-stroke racing fuel is the BEST SMELL EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Mxjunkie
04-10-2005, 02:12 PM
A loud 2 stroke is fine because you cant really hear them till they are close persay, a loud thumper You can hear them from FAR away

WOracing
04-13-2005, 08:19 AM
i still want one...