PDA

View Full Version : Place of work lost

I-7
04-07-2005, 11:25 PM
Well this last Saturday we had a major rainstorm and in our area, it was the worst flooding in over 50 years. Here is 2 pictures of part of the ski hill that was under 8+ feet of water. It was also a fun park thing in the summer. The go kart track is gone, the arcade is gone and all the games, the whole chalet is gone including all equipment, kitchen stuff, everything. One of the chairlifts is highly damaged, and 4 groomers which cost 180,000 dollars a piece are also gone with the wind or water I guess. Its estimated around 2 million plus in damage. Its horrible the whole area around here was hit really hard. It was all from a river which raised 24 feet during the storm. I'm sure theres been worse around the mississippi areas and such but this is a huge hit for our area

http://www.recordonline.com/news/special_reports/2005flood/readerflood05/s1.jpg
http://www.recordonline.com/news/special_reports/2005flood/readerflood05/s2.jpg

Oh and the river is supposed to be behind the thin treeline behind the building

250xridamatt
04-07-2005, 11:29 PM
That really sucks. What are they going to do? I'm sure there is some type of insurance to help pay for all the repairs right? It's amazing how much damage something like rain can do.

2002400ex
04-07-2005, 11:36 PM
Thats terrible. I know what its like because most everything here was destroyed during hurricane ivan.

I-7
04-07-2005, 11:45 PM
Yeah I feel out of place saying how horrible this is because this is nothing compared to the damage caused by hurricane ivan :(

http://www.recordonline.com/news/special_reports/2005flood/readerflood05/119.jpg

heres another shot on one of the main streets in a bordering town.

Scott-300ex
04-08-2005, 11:15 AM
i know what thats like man

in 1993, here in st. louis it flooded in valmeyer, like 7 miles away from me, it was about 20 feet deep of flooding, everyday we would go into town and fill up sandbags, and my uncles and friends house got trashed, my friend had a 6x6 the one you steer with 2 sticks and that floated away and now in thier woods is a big shed that floated in there during the flood, the valmeyer kids came to our school for like a year, and everything, pretty crazy, and tons of water

there is still a roof or a shed where they marked the line of the water and it says,

WATER LINE 1993

pretty crazy

hope everything goes well for you

WKY400EX
04-08-2005, 11:20 AM
I hope that place had flood insurance!:( That's rough. Hope everything goes well.

DeerNuts
04-08-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by WKY400EX
I hope that place had flood insurance!:(

Im certain they did. At least I hope so.

Best of luck cleaning up!

exrider360
04-08-2005, 04:57 PM
holy crap dude thats real bad never seen anything like it in new york we had a couple roads flodd over but nothing disaterious.

were is that srry to hear about you loosing yoru job youll find a new one

quadryder
04-09-2005, 05:38 AM
that kinda reminds me of when we had hurricane isabel down here in VA. our town got hit like the worst, and 85-90% of all the houses and stuff got flooded at least 2-3 feet of water. i was out of school for 3-4 months of my 10th grade year because the schools got flooded and everything was ruined. it was cool after the damage was done because i just rode my quad and dirtbike everyday but i know that it had to have sucked for all the people who lived in trailers for a year or longer:rolleyes: