PDA

View Full Version : fender bender stories

McG300ex
04-07-2005, 09:37 PM
i got two
one tiem i was doing donuts on this fire lane and my buddy goes by me on his 400ex and so i get done and start goin well all of a sudden he decides he's goin to a donut right in fornt of me. i'm heade right for him. i lock up my brakes and my rear time hit his nerf bar. our dads came back and we straightend it with the winch.

another time this winter different friend we switch quads he wants to try my holeshots in the ice/snow. we of course fall behind the group so were hauling to catch up and its like glare ice. we come around the corner and were both sliding and its like 30ft on either side down. he pulls threw. me i'm leaning to the inside tryin to get it to pull through. i finally see i'm not goin to make it and bail quad slides into a tree. from where i was at it looked ok, my buddy comes back and we pull it out and the dg front bumper is just gone. but nothin else was hurt. snapped all the bolts, we made it even tho i gave him my dg front bumper and bolts and called it god.

i'll post some pics

McG300ex
04-07-2005, 10:06 PM
heres some pics of the bumper

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid164/p1d56f9967a8f0744be505315268de73e/f48acef7.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid164/p7f5d77e5ba68603afe6a3cf75d1a18db/f48aceef.jpg

McG300ex
04-10-2005, 05:53 PM
any body else got stories or comments

Snatzerpazooka
04-12-2005, 12:09 PM
Whoa, looks like you hit that tree pretty hard. Or the bumper was weak.

Me and my friend both have 300ex's (I'm getting a 400ex soon) and we love to jump. So we have a big double (about a 20 foot gap at the time, 27 foot gap now:devil: ) And then we have a single so we deside to build a downhill double. Bad idea. He made it way to long and when he did it he totally cased it. He went over the handlebars and then the fourwheeler ran him over and slammed into a tree. Nothing broke but it was still kind of a fender bender. Tore has back up a little but he was ok.

thrasher_ex
04-12-2005, 03:05 PM
pretty much beefed it on a hill one time. was a pretty big hill, 95 feet maybe????

well i got about a foot from the top and my chain falls off. well i totally freak out and just try givin it more gas which was stupid. meanwhile my quad started rolling down so i grabbed the brakes. grabbed the rear on accident and felt the front end come up so i accidently let go of all breaks. hit a rock, handlebars locked sideways and i had a pretty nice series of barrel rolls to the bottom

quad came out unharmed except for chain and my leg smacked a tree pretty hard so i had a big bruise.

04-14-2005, 08:01 PM
my brother hit a tree he says 2nd gear but i think 3rd

chigger
04-18-2005, 03:18 PM
A friend and I were chasing deer at about 11 at night in a field of tall grass that I thought I knew pretty well. I found I stump that I forgot about going 35-40. Threw me into the tree line nearby and screwed up my ankle. Tore the bumper mounts off the frame of my warrior, and bent the DG V-pro bumper up a little. Overall, I think the bumper absorbed enough of the impact that the frame wasnt really harmed much. All I had to do was weld new nuts on the frame. The bike didnt look like I was going over 20! I know was in 4th and then I found myself laying on my back 20 feet in front of the stump. :D

http://goldwing.bikepics.net/yamaha-warrior-00-bikepics-167231.jpg

jeepnrocks
04-27-2005, 10:20 PM
At the last harescramble I got a bad start because of barely making it to the line. My chain broke while I was warming up and by the time we got everything fixed I just got to the line and the bike wasn't properly warmed up. IT took 3 kicks to get going so I started dead last. I was doing pretty good and passed quite a few people when disaster struck. A branch or mokey vine caught my rear axle and shot the quad to the left a little bit. well momentum kept me and the quad moving foward at which point i hit a fallen tree that was like a ramp. Only the left tire hit so it sent the quad into a barrel roll as I bailed. The quad did a complet 180 in the air and landed on the clutch side of the bars.
I ended up with a bent stem, bars, and tie rod.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/jeepnrocks/tech/bent1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/jeepnrocks/tech/bent3.jpg

nhs333x2
04-28-2005, 09:38 AM
I've got a horror story and a half but i luckly didn't get involved. Let me set the seen, little after 1 and my one freind brought his predator over and kody, my other freind was on his yz125, i was on my trusty 400ex. i decided that my freind with the pred should play a game of ketchup with me. I lost him after the second turn but i never look back so i finished the loop and came back. I figured he would follow the tore up trails and go around but that was not the case. while we were going to make the loop agian he was coming towards at a nice 3rd gear, close to pinned. we were already at the same speed right before the first turn. i happened to be ibehind kody and caught a glimps of the pred. I locked up and slid 30 ft but the other to colidded but just missed a dead on hit. the yz took off the preds left rear wheel with its disk and the yz bounced into a tree. you could imagine the damage but the bike was easily fixed and injuries were not serious meaning no hospital needed. Was a big mess!!

Punk'd
05-12-2005, 10:03 PM
Well the first time I rode my 450 I got it stuck in this mudhole with ruts wasnt deep at all (water wise). Anyway my dads friends idiot kid decided "OH ILL PULL YOU OUT" so I get off to take a piss while retard here pulls it out, well he gunned it and slammed on the breaks like a moron and my shinny new stock bumper slammed into the back of retards bike and bent it to hell. Oh was I sad. Then I bent it back n threw the dude on the ground.

That'll teach him to bend my shinny stock bumper

05-13-2005, 01:22 PM
put a twist on my quad hit some bumps in 4th gear popped a wheelie and hit a rut flipped it on its side and i went flying and and did something to my hip becuase im having problems with it now

spazzy973
05-13-2005, 01:36 PM
not exactly a fender bender but on i would like to tell well me and a friend both had 400ex's on new years we decided we would ride our whellers instead of driving (gonna be drinking trying to stay safe) well we went to a party had a good time and were ready to leave so hoped on the whellers and took off on the way home keep in mind these were not trails we were riding on the roads not to fast but in 5th gear trying to get home a little quicker but two loud 400ex's barreling down the road and a F****** deer jump into the road and right in front of my fourwheller and there was nothing i could do so i hit the deer with my DG front bumper the deer and fourwheller tumble round and round while i start sliding on the pavment with no helmet on got back to my feet and lets just say i had a headache for a while but i did kill the deer and ended up running out of gas before i got home and to say in the least i will never forget new years 05 i brought it in with a bang to the head

BLAZE1
05-19-2005, 01:50 PM
So wait ... you were drunk, driving on the pavement, no helmet, probably your dad's quad.

Damn! you are cool wanna hang out sometime!:rolleyes:

chevy19
05-19-2005, 06:40 PM
my friends dad decided to take his quadracer for a ride he wasnt wearing a helmet and he goes to hit the double about 20 foot and when he is in the air he sees some little kid on a kx50 dirtbike that fell so in the air he slams on the brakes not to hit him and comes down the quad flipped he didnt bail so it came down and the grab bar in the back smashed his head into the groung he ended up breaking his jaw on the way to the hospital he filled up two large mcdonalds cups of blood! So they wired his jaw up and he couldnt eat normal food for a couple monthes it sucked.

05-19-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by chevy19
my friends dad decided to take his quadracer for a ride he wasnt wearing a helmet and he goes to hit the double about 20 foot and when he is in the air he sees some little kid on a kx50 dirtbike that fell so in the air he slams on the brakes not to hit him and comes down the quad flipped he didnt bail so it came down and the grab bar in the back smashed his head into the groung he ended up breaking his jaw on the way to the hospital he filled up two large mcdonalds cups of blood! So they wired his jaw up and he couldnt eat normal food for a couple monthes it sucked.

hey you know what stupid hurts he got what he deserved:rolleyes:

luvmyex
06-01-2005, 05:36 PM
hows this for horror? me and a friend went to a place in Tenn. After 2-3 hrs of riding i see this hill and was thinking about doing it.Well my friend on a 500 king quad decides to go on.He got to the top and the front end never went over and touched the ground,just straight up. He slides off the back and fall about 10 -12 feet. No sooner than he can look up the 650 + lb quad crushes him.The spedo hit him square in the face. He had a helmet but it was a open face.It split him open from his chin tru his mouth,across under his nose,then up the side of his nose tru his eye. Crushed both cheeks and jaw. He wasn't even bleeding yet when i got to him. Some how he didnt even get knocked out.He stood up and took of his helmet and bent over.When he did his face hinged open like a door and blood poured out like water out of a bucket. I liked to passed out from seeing it, it was so bad. And ive seen some nasty chit in my day too. I grabbed his jacket and told him to cover his face.I had no choice but to leave him and go for help.Luckily there were 2 guys a ways back down the trail we just passed and i goy them to go back and stay with him. 1 1/2 hrs later he was air lifted to the hospital. He was so bad that they had to send him to another hospital to treet him.
Now he's back to normal other than some scares and a boxers nose. And still riding the same quad. That was something i never want to have to go tru again.

BLAZE1
06-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by luvmyex
He stood up and took of his helmet and bent over.When he did his face hinged open like a door and blood poured out like water out of a bucket.

DAMN!:eek:

now that is bad! My first reaction when I crash is to get as far away from the quad as I can because the last time I crashed the quad landed right on top of me, I got lucky and learned a valuable lesson.

I have yet (key word...YET) to crash on the Z but about a month before I got it I took a spill on a utility quad. My step-dad and brother were riding doubles on one quad and I was behind letting them get ahead then haulin *** to catch up. Well it is a bruin 4x4 so it is not the fastest quad but turns well for a utility (so I thought). I was comin around a corner and turned a little too sharp the front wheels were turned the direction I wanted to go but the trail was hard packed and kind of dusty so the front just slid. needless to say me and the bruin flew (yeah I said flew) off the side of the road, went head over heels twice before comin to a stop about thirty feet down a cliff and I was pinned between the quad and a tree. some how I walked away with only a bruise where the quad actually landed on my shoulder when it came to a stop. I flipped the quad back over and walked it up out of a 70-80% grade. the only damage was a bent utility rack. I think it held up pretty good...for a yamaha:devil:

04TRX400EX
06-08-2005, 11:33 PM
Well it's not my fender bender story, but close. About a month after getting my '04 400EX, my sister and her boyfriend (who also has a 400EX) decided to go riding on a Sunday. A couple hours after they left, I got a call from my sister saying something about rolling a quad, an embankment, and a lake (poor phone reception). What I did hear was that she needed me and my dad to come out to where they were with a truck and another quad to come get them and pull the quad out. We don't exactly know how she did it, but she somehow lost control on a fairly narrow trail, the wheel caught and turned hard right and threw her off the side of the trail, down an embankment about 20 feet, landing in the edge of a lake. It took my dad and I awhile to get to them but we got there to see my brand new quad sitting in a lake. Between the three guys, we were able to push/pull the quad back up through all the rocks and trees and sh*t. It wasn't actually damaged that bad except for all the plastics being scratched to hell. Needless to say I was rather angry, but at least my sister was pretty much ok. She had a couple broken ribs and some cuts and bruises - which is good considering that the quad landed on top of her. That's why you where a helmet :macho

quading is fun
06-12-2005, 05:00 PM
one time my sister was riding her brand new 250ex and her boyfreind was following her with his cousin on the back...
well there is this bridge that isn't really there... its just the frame of a bridge and its just wide enough to fit a quad right through the hole...
well my sister forgot that the bridge was there, and she slammed on her breaks and stopped right in front of it, her boyfreind hit the breaks and skid and slammed into her.
my sister flew off the back and got a concussion, her quad flew off, her boyfreind and his cousin flew off with their quad... my sister's boyfreind's cousin was laying underneath the quad and her boyfreind was hanging onto the bridge and the quad above her head... she moved just in time, and it slipped out of hand and landed right on her leg... she had a bruise that was so huge!!!!
my sister's boyfreind got a HUGE gash that went from the middle of his chest, and went all the way to the middle of his back!!
my sister's brand new 250ex had nothing wrong with it except cracked plastics and bent handlbars. my sister's boyfreind's quad has bent A-arms, bent handlebars, bent rims, and a few more things...

OO i have another story!!
one day me and my freind were riding on this trail flying in 5th gear topping out and we didnt see this puddle (a very deep puddle) and tried to swerve around it at the last second... well my friend clipped the edge of the puddle and spun halfway around, the quad rolled around like 4-5 times, he flew off, his boot fell off for some random reason and he twisted his ankle alot...
i slammed on my brakes and just missed hitting him and his quad...
his quad had bent handlebars and his plastics bent instead of cracking...

well those r my 2 storys with QUADS, ive had one with snowmobiles too but i dont think u want to hear that, since this is a quading website and stuff...

im so happy that i havnt crashed a quad yet though, but ive always been right behind them...

350x_mutt
06-16-2005, 10:12 PM
I was riding a stock 250x and my friend on his mojave blastin down this little back road. i went to pass him at full speed and he decieded to lock up his brakes and cut in front of me and i knew if i ditche the quad i wouldve been in worse shape and all i can remember is my front bumber hitting the ground and then getting up a couple minutes later. his quad went one way and he landed next to me. his quad landed on its wheels and got stuck in third and went off on its own adventure. i got up pulled my bars back up and went home. the next week i found my headlight was broken. only sore for a week... builds character

quading is fun
06-17-2005, 07:13 AM
lol the quad ran away!!

fast_enough
06-17-2005, 03:48 PM
i as hitting a jump was my own stupidity and i hit the wrong part of the jump and hit a concrete slab in 3rd pinned i recently got an ac bumper and it smothered it. threw me over the handlebars i mean i landed straight into it the quad came to a dead stop in third gear also it bent my frame a lil

quading is fun
06-18-2005, 09:31 AM
wow that sucks... once i went off a jump and someone messed with it the day before... and my right front went straight down... i landed hard onto the dirt, and luckily i didnt fly off my quad or have anything broken, but it hurt my shoulder a bit... i was sore for about a week
then after my shoulder got better, i went off another jump and landed with thte right front down again.... and hurt my shoulder again lol
i have such horrible luck

400exrider36
06-18-2005, 02:42 PM
i was just drivin around one day on my 400ex and decided to go down a sand road cause i didnt know where it went. i went many miles until it started turning into pavement, then a highway, so i turned around to go back home. i was getting bored so i started goin faster and faster. i got to full out and all of a sudden a deer ran out in front of me. i hit the brakes but i didnt have any time to slow down, i was also planning on getting new tires the next day, being that the ones i had were nearly slicks. so anyway, i hit the deer's rear end and it sent me flying off sidesways landing on my head/shoulder, which broke my collar bone. i only remember seeing the quad doin "summersalts" down the road and it landed on its wheels facing the opposite way i was goin. it was At LEAST 50ft away from me. i got up, walked all the way over to it, and hopped on. luckily, it started right up, and i took off and made it home ok. my headlights got smashed in and one got shattered, my stock bumper was molded against the frame, my pipe crushed like a can a bit(not sure how), my front plastic cracked, my handlebars and levers were bent all over, and my tail light got all cracked up(not sure how that happened either) i think my frame broke by the gas tank from that, unless that was from that other crash...:rolleyes:

Mr. Wiggles
06-22-2005, 10:00 PM
my bro was riding my 300ex after i told him he couldnt. him and some of his friends went riding through the woods . there was a double he thought would be fun so when he hit it he said he noticed that the quad was side ways and he couldnt get it straight. so he dives off the 300 hit a tree and pretty much fu**ed it over.i was so mad. he hit the tree beside the quad and broke his collar bone and his right arm. it cracked the helmet bad.

im glad it wasnt me! :D :mad:

Robin Hood
06-22-2005, 10:17 PM
Went riding about 15 miles from my house, had a friend on back and another kid on a blaster. 6 oclock rolls around and Im late as usual, so we decide to book 1/2 way on road, I get to the trail and wait as my friend on the blaster catches up. He doesnt slow down like I thought he would, instead, he flies by, gives us the finger and rips down the road... Big mistake on both our parts.. cause I chased him. I passed him quite easily but as we were cookin down the road I see a white car on the horizon... You know the feeling when your worst fear at the moment come true...? Yea... It was a cop... So being 15 years old, racing with a partner on back, going 60+ mph on a 25 mph residential road, I panicked... Which made me go even faster... I head down the road, and quickly glance back to see my friend in the distance on tha blaster, come cooking around this turn in 5th pinned, and without time to react, see a 1 1/2 foot rock nudged just barely into the road... I then found myself grasping onto the quad while rotating in mid air, feeling my friend on back fly off, then all I remember is waking up, looking down onto 2 Yellow lines on black pavement. Scarred my friends leg up pretty bad. Got a concussion, and internal bleeding for myself. Went to court, only got fines (THANK GOD NO LISENCE LOSS) But I sure as hell learned a few lessons in that experience...

This should actually be a Road Rash story, but we came home from trail riding so its all good.:p

jak1389
06-23-2005, 09:04 AM
yea and you were supposed to be at my house riding but being gay you decided to alicias house. i remebr calling your cell trying to find out where the hell you were and your dad picked up saying steve's in the hospital.

rancher350rider
06-26-2005, 11:40 PM
i was 12 on my dad new yz 250 and i was mad at him so i took offwhit it i was in 3rd grear wide open and look behind me and a a cop was there so i took of down on this dirt road and found a trial took that when i did i sifted into 4th i hit the powerband and it went of the trial the handel bars caught a vine turnd the bars and fliped broke the bars bent the front rim broke the back plastic and had a huge dent in the pipe i broke 2 ribs and burnt my leg bad and got a few cuts

quading is fun
06-27-2005, 08:51 AM
any tickets?

chigger
06-27-2005, 09:55 AM
Two weeks ago, one of my friends came over to ride his 300ex. He was by himself because my dales still bein stupid. He was makin a quick lap around my trails when he powerslid a corner and came accelerating hard out. Aparently he wasnt payin much attention cause he found a log that was laid over on the trail. The log was about 10 inches tall. I guess the 300 wouldnt pull the front wheels high enough in 4th :p so he took a nose dive . . . or five. He cut the hell out of his back and had a rock stuck in his head. He was lucky he didnt kill himself without a helmet. Ive always used a helmet and I dont ride fast alone , but I cant seem to get it through to him. :rolleyes:

HondaEXrider22
06-29-2005, 05:45 PM
OK Well i have a few but ill name the worst. Picture a hill of grass and a lake on the other side but you cant see the water till your at the top. Well i figured i would get some air off the hill...and bam i see water. I locked up and tried to turn then the quad roled and went in with a big splash. I almost got caught but i bailed before i could. So i and treading water and then i try to help lift the quad. Then my friend jumped in and help and the others helps pull it out. It wont turn over and i get towed all the way beck home. We take the water out of the airbox and it fires! I drive home. That is how i think the 250exs are bullet proof.

nebjamin
07-05-2005, 01:14 AM
dad stopped a ways in front of me, my brakes went out, hit going about 25. Lets just say that it hurt me worse then the quad.

quading is fun
07-05-2005, 06:41 AM
goin 25 aint bad :ermm:

07-05-2005, 07:00 PM
this is what happen when you do 40 mph through the woods on your friends 450r.

quading is fun
07-06-2005, 06:20 AM
poor 450r :(
what did u hit??

jak1389
07-06-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by mittimj
this is what happen when you do 40 mph through the woods on your friends 450r.

im sure that was alot of fun:chinese:

07-06-2005, 07:58 PM
I was flying around a well known corner in a well known trail. I came out of the corner just a tad high and had to compinsate by turning more. whell that little bit of extra turning caused the back end to come out. so I went sideways into a tree at 40 or so. took a big gash out of the tree. I got to go for a 3 seccond flight.

trick250r
07-08-2005, 07:47 AM
i got two

my friends dad is a forman for Kalkreuth Roofing in Wheeling WV, so they're doing a job in Columbus and he has to #2 and the portapotties are disgusting. he cant hold it till the end of the day so he takes one of his co-workers truck back to the hotel, runs a redlight and gets t-boned and totaled the truck.

this weekend we were riding jet-ski's. my friend decided to take his g/f out on the water and told everybody to splash the hell out of her. he throws her off and we all splash her and go out about 30 ft and do a doughnut. when i started the doughnut, my friend and his girlfriend were heading straight for me. he tried to swerve but he ended up getting the nose of his jet-ski on the back of mine. needless to say the ranger saw all of this and gave us both tickets.

nebjamin
07-08-2005, 08:42 AM
lol at the porterpottey one. Cant even take a **** these days.

07-08-2005, 08:57 AM
I bet he craped him self when he got t-boned

blastereatin250
07-09-2005, 10:18 PM
I have a few.
One time we where riding on some trails and it was winter so the ground was frozen, including ruts. Anyways, my brother was riding my 250ex and he was powersliding around a corner. Suddenly his front tires get caught in a rut perfecly even, my brother got thrown off and landed right in front of me. I slammed on my brakes, and I didn't hit him. The quad flipped though.

Another my dad was doing donuts in a small sand pit and lets just say he isnt very good at donuts. He was basicly just going in circles. Anyways, the 400ex eventualy flipped on its side and my dad just held on. He was in normal riding position but the quad was on its side. My brother went over and pushed him right. He started doing donuts again!:rolleyes:

Finally, this didn't really break anything, but I thought it was cool.:cool: We where riding on some frozen trails, I was in the lead and I was cruising. There was about 6 inches of snow covering all the ground. Anyways, I was going around a corner pretty fast, and all of the sudden there is ice under the snow!!! Since I was on a turn I spun and I did a complete 360. I almost hit a tree but I ended perfect. It was cool but it gave me a little scare:scary:

The first 2 the plastic broke, the last one nothing happened to the quad.

quading is fun
07-10-2005, 11:59 AM
when i was riding one of my snowmobiles last winter, i was goin about 50-60 around this turn... suddenly it was ice, i spun around and did about 3-4 360s... it was pretty cool... another cool thing was that my friend was riding about 10-15 feet to the side of me and i never even touched him... i never even slowed down lol i kept up with him while i was spinning... it was fun

o and also, i rolled my quad goin about 5 mph a few days ago... that was fun, i just jumped off and landed on my feet and went "o god i hope i didnt lose any gas"

400exrider36
07-10-2005, 01:56 PM
my record of 360s in a row is 7 :D

quading is fun
07-10-2005, 06:12 PM
ya but this was on snowmobiles which arent made to spin on ice... lol

400exrider36
07-10-2005, 06:16 PM
yeah, i cant do that many on my sled.... i got 3 once on my old beater mobile tho :p then i flipped it on top of me, so i stoped.....

quading is fun
07-11-2005, 02:01 PM
lol well i dont really get ice where i ride my snowmobiles cause its ussually covered by like ALOT of snow... i dont ride my snowmobiles in New Jersey, where i live.. i take them to upstate New York cause there's a good amount of snow there

07-12-2005, 12:39 AM
I got tons ill give my best one

I was following my friend through a hard packed dirt rocky stripmine field doing a wheelie 4th gear like 45mph n he turned real quick around a bump i came down right on it n it threw me off i hit my head n my helmet flew off i got knocked out when i got up i was a bit out of it im like whoa why arent we riding why did we stop? n when he got off his quad to come help me he jumped out of the way of my helmet cuz it was still going lol the quad rolled 5 times we measured it was 30 yards of me n my quad on hard dirt n rock. i bent my rim really bad n my battery fell out it was amazing thats all that happened other than i was scraped n bruised like crazy

quading is fun
07-12-2005, 07:03 AM
seems like u didnt tie (or buckle) your helmet :ermm:

07-13-2005, 03:52 PM
I did it ripped it right off my head i had a burn under my chin where the strap was

I flipped backwards once n it came off cuz it wasnt strapped i opened my eyes n i saw the back tire coming at my head i moved n the quad landed inches from my head so i always strap it

quading is fun
07-13-2005, 04:24 PM
ya that mustve been scary!!

yellowex26
07-13-2005, 05:16 PM
when i was like 10..me and my friend were riding a little 50.. we had her pinned (which on a 50 is like 25) but we hit a bump in the road and i flew off the back and landed on my feet and went skiing in the dirt and fell on my face

07-13-2005, 07:40 PM
It wasnt at the moment cuz my adrenaline was up n everything

RaptorRacer45
07-14-2005, 08:44 PM
Ok its a Tuesday, i just got home from havin my 1 way bearing replaced and Im ready 2 ride, so my friend w\ a Z-400 comes up 2 cruise around w\ me........were ready 2 go and decide 2 ride around alittle track i had in my yard, well it uses part of a trail 2 so we take off......i think he went the 1 way so i go that way, wi get about 20ft into the woods and right around a corner.....WHAM there he is right into me head on about 10-15mph......5 mins and my upper A-Arm in snapped in half and the lowers balljoint is screwed.......we didnt blame each other but it suck so bad, i got 2 ride for 5 mins withen like 4 weeks

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid168/p41a68a43108c4f00666eab22b1b43597/f426adc6.jpg

demoderby30
07-21-2005, 02:57 AM
My uncle was on his banshee one night flying down the road going around 50 and a tire blew out and he wrecked and collaspe (sp) a lung and broke his rips.

quading is fun
07-21-2005, 10:17 AM
my friend was riding his 250ex stock with like just a pipe on it, he was pinned and his friend was on a banshee (a few things done to it i think) and he was pinned too.. so they were flying around a corner in my friend's backyard (pinned) going head on into each other. they both turned right which meant the hit each other lol and my friend's helmet was split open and had his whole side of his face scratched and everything, his friend (who was on the banshee) got his helmet cracked in half and broke his nose.. and then thier other friend was riding my friend's blaster and he ran over the guy with the broken nose...

jak1389
08-08-2005, 05:56 PM
heres a pic of my friends raptor the 1st 10 minutes we were on the track. but luckly there were pros there that had tons of spare parts we bought a tie rod off of.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/jak8913/DSCF0002.jpg

08-08-2005, 06:23 PM
way too many to list!

1992 Trx 250x
08-09-2005, 11:48 AM
here is my worst one.

about a year and a half ago i was riding my 250x on my track. i have a downhill sweeper then a drop off jump. i was 5th gear pinned and i came all the way around the corner and i had to turn the rest right before i went off the small drop off jump. well i am crossed up in the air and the first thing that hits the ground is my right foot. my foot planted and everything else kept going. grade 2 mcl stretch.(the inside of my knee) it still isn't healed 100%. so my foot plants then the quad runs over my legs as i am sliding on my right side. my elbow feels like it is broken. good thing my dad was riding his trials bike nearby or else i would have been screwed.

the quad: after it ran over my legs it flipped and landed upside down starting out of "the bowl". she got a 1 foot crack on the rear plastic and i messed up the headlight. i was really lucky. if i had not been wearing my gear, i probably would have seen a bright light instead of my quad flipped upside down. here is the one foot crack on the rear plastic.

1992 Trx 250x
08-09-2005, 11:50 AM
the headlight frame.

1992 Trx 250x
08-09-2005, 11:51 AM
the headlight plastic.

08-09-2005, 07:39 PM
Thats insane 1992 Trx 250x

I havent posted in awhile n ive got about 50 so i guess ill post another...

Back behind a rock pile theres like a little space to ride between the hill n a huge drop off n i was in a crazy mood so i decide i wanna rainbow the whole abck of the hill (about 75 feet on soft rocks) so i go once n made it like halfway second try i sunk in the rocks halfway n the quad rolled over me, down the hill then over the drop off it hit a rock with the tire n bounced about 5 feet in the air n landed upside down in a tree!!!!! in a ***CING tree! we had to cut the trees down to get it out n only suffered with bent bars n that was from when it hit the ground out of the tree lol

BLAZE1
08-11-2005, 01:29 PM
Damn now that would have been a kodak f*c*i*g moment!

hondarider2500
08-12-2005, 10:51 PM
i got a good one

it was last winter and my brother was riding my quad and pulling his friend on a sled. the rope was tied to the grab bar. somehow the rope got caught on my tire chains and it just tore the bar down. it even bent the frame so now when i get a new bar i have to weld it on. needless to say i was pretty pissed, but i guess it wasnt his fault.

heres a pic where you can see the bent bar

08-29-2005, 10:42 PM
I wrecked twice the other day so i figure i could share it..

I made a little 18 foot transfer on a rock pile which was mostly an air jump n i called my friends over to watch me hit it n i hit my nerf on the side at the top of the hill n it kicked me sideways i was like 10 feet in the air n my quad landed on its side n rolled twice i screwed my leg up pretty bad n after i landed i had to keep rolling away from my quad barreling after me lol

Then 2 or so hours later i was doing nac nacs on a step up n my nerf bar snapped off on the face of the jump i ran my foot over then ran it over again after i landed lol i hit my chest off the bars when i landed n stoved my arm it was pretty painful

redrunner
08-30-2005, 02:03 PM
Well my home made 3 wheeler is sitting at Cycles now...effed up 05'

Was ready to ride, new pipe, jetted, S.S. lines and 20"s man the thing was running sweet, no more bog in 3rd coming out of turns. Just pin it and hop to 4th. I was stoked and feeling brave...long story short don't try to keep up with the young guys..

Felt like I had been riding 10 minutes but was later told we were out for 1 1/2..must have hit my head.

So I get into this left hand, down hill turn, all loose mounded rocks down the middle of two routes either outside of the island of trees or to the inside, well I tried to hang in for the inside and the front end pushed through the turn and the right went over the center mound and had me headed for the island of trees, prolly 3rd gear hitting it no brakes. Saw what was coming which looked to be an almost center hit to the quad, I let go of the bars thinking of white knuckeling some bark.
thanks to my pro armor bull bumber (yep there are skid marks all the way ) hitting first (which is why the frame is kinked) then sliding down the a arms and snapping both ball joints like twigs!
Ended up 10' up trail on my back and the quad was sideways tilted on it's left side. with the wheel hangin' We stripped off the arms, tierod, shock and duct taped and roped the wheel to the front of the quad.

This is where a big shout out goes to JDawg, Z4thunder and especially JDawgs friend Steve. He rode sitting on my six pack rack as I stood with both feet on the left side nerf and we rode that ****** outta there! 4 or 6 miles on 3 wheels.

I really appreciate all of you that helped and hung around to make sure we got going, other than that I am sorry for kinda screwing the ride up but I am fine just a small pointer on my lower back.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/redrunner/standup2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/redrunner/crack1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/redrunner/kink1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/redrunner/neweff05.jpg
This is the lead into the turn
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/redrunner/waynewreck5.jpg
island of trees and split trail
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/redrunner/waynewreck1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/redrunner/waynewreck2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/redrunner/waynewreck1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/redrunner/waynewreck3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/redrunner/waynewreck4.jpg
How it looked after the ride out of the woods.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/redrunner/neweff05.jpg

redrunner
09-15-2005, 07:39 PM
No new stories besides mine?!! hmm I doubt it.

LTandRaptorider
09-15-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by redrunner
No new stories besides mine?!! hmm I doubt it.

I took a year off! :D

Did you get the Z fixed up? Next year bud, we'll have to finally meet and ride! :cool:

redrunner
09-16-2005, 05:19 AM
Just got the frame this week, going to gusset and powder next week...looks like a couple more weeks off..:(

KILLSWITCHngage
09-20-2005, 09:24 PM
I was doing donuts on our private dirt road and flipped, smakd my head on the road, knocked me out and cracked my helmet. never forget that day because could have been killed w-o my helmet on.

09-20-2005, 09:56 PM
my quad has been to tempermental latley to get hurt on. thing will barley run now er days.

10-26-2005, 07:29 PM
the worst i have isnt even bad.

i came around my berm 3rd gear went over it hit a 3 inch fat tree n drove over it all i got out of it was green stuff on my dg bumper.

a nuther one is i broke my axel flying only 2 feet high on my 400ex but i think it was already cracked cuz i cased a double 2 times b4 i hit the small single n i landed with my front end almost streight up n the air.

werst one
one time i was on my pocket bike on my track(i use my pocket bike as a pit bike cuz i take jumps with it) n ne ways i hit some thing at bout 40 mph n i flew up n the air n the pit bike hit my nuts (i htink it was the gas cap part that hit me) n i fell off the back end of the bike landed on my butt or back i dont remember much cuz it hurt so bad every thing jest kinda blanked out all i no is i had dirt all over me n my pit bike kep going till it hit some 1 foot woops n went for a ride. i got up n ran for my pocket bike n noticied i hit my nuts harder than i thought n i got to my pit bike n had to lay down for about 5 minuts b4 i could move eny more. my nuts were sweld up for 3 days n all i could do is lay down.
my pocket bike as brackets now holding the back end on cuz it was bearly on. my handel bars go bent. my front rim is a little oval n worped. it got scratched up pritty bad. thats about all that happened except wen it stoped mooving the throtal lever on the carb was stock on ful throtl so it was on its side ful throtal n now the throtal gets stock on some times. n the side case got cracked but got a new one. the fork got slightly bent too.

n one time my hand went between my pocket bike chain n sprocket n put 7 holes n my hand.

300ex rider 444
10-28-2005, 10:01 PM
was hill climbin n a 300 ex i just let my friend drive at first he sed it was in second i start goin up i start stallin so i shift down pull a wheelie stop start slidin down da hill bak word i ditch my quad it hits a tree breaks its handle bad fractures my leg rips da skid pate off n i still got it hom in 1 piece

redrunner
11-04-2005, 12:13 PM

redrunner
11-04-2005, 12:13 PM

redrunner
11-04-2005, 12:14 PM

redrunner
11-04-2005, 12:15 PM

KOG
11-18-2005, 06:42 AM
last year my freind was on a 300ex and me and my other freind were in a old beater farm truck and my freiond didnt have the 300ex lights on and the farm truck dont have lights so i was driving about 30 mph on this old dirt road with pine trees everywhere well needless to say i ran into the back of the 300ex as soon as i hit the 300ex me and my other freind jumped out and were yelling for tj my other freind and we thought we hit him but he said he could here the truck flying down the raod and saw it comeing right for him so he jumped off and got stuck and a pine tree and we had to help him out cause when he jumped his pants tore and got stuck on a tree branch and he was haning up sidedown but the 300ex ex needed a new pipe and plastic thats it i was more worried bout the 300ex caus ei just paid 1400$ for a new frame cause i recked 2 weeks before this happend but my freind was cool bout it and didnt say anything

11-20-2005, 01:09 AM
today I went riding, there where some pretty nasty crashes.

I was drag racing some kid on a kawasucky 250 3wheeler. thing was acutally pretty fast,I still waisted it but he somehow hit a rock and roled like 4 times. To be nice I drove him to his sisters house because he was complaining about his sholder. I bet he must have broke somthing because I know I was about 1/2way through 4th gear and he wasent that far behind me. so prolly 45-50 and smack.. ouch.

I dident do to bad, motor started blowing oil out throu a gasket. I just kept filling it, let the gf rip around on my quad for a bit. she climbed up some pretty sick hill climbs I was impressed. she told me " get me off this thing befor I crash it" lol, 5 min later she was back on it, riping up the sand pit.

just stayed up till 3am fixing the oil leak so hopefully I can go riding tomarow.

sikwidit'96
12-16-2005, 09:08 AM
my story sucks monkey nuts...for everyone involved.
ok the people and their machines"
me- riding my gay polaris sport 400
tim-banshee
anthony-yz 125
jake-recon 250
robbie-kx 85(retard that caused it)
ok so robbie and anthony are neighbors...and they have a good set of trails behind their houses..we also have about 2 weeks to ride on this 120 acre cornfield tahts cut down.
well robbie...wich races mx..is trying ot be a little badass and rides wheelies inf ront of us and **** when we are drag raceing down the cornfield...he falls off the back of his bike....it was like a freaking pile up...we all bailed and slid and **** trying to avoid running this 10 year old kid over...i ended up snapping my bars needed a new brake resevoir(spelling)...and my rims are like..crippled....and thony on his yz runs right over the kids foot...and anthony does a barrel roll off of his bike..taht part was sweet...tim just kinda...fell off laughing...jake was the only one taht didnt mess up...cuz he was so far behind lol...thats my story hope u like it

12-16-2005, 03:48 PM
snapping your bars?? what brand where they? I have bent some bars doun around the gas tank but never snapped them..:ermm:

12-16-2005, 05:13 PM
Its been a couple months so ill tell u guys how i broke my leg..

Well i was practicing at a track for a couple hours n my friend wanted to go home. I said lets do a couple more laps then go. So were flying passing ppl like crazy n i came over a table n a 7/8 year old kid is laying on the landing crying. So im like chit someones gonna kill this kid. So i get off and im like u have to get off the track or somebodys gonna land on u so he crawled off. I was picking his bike up cuz it was right infront of my quad n i was kinda stuck there n i see a bike come off the jump. So i drop the dirtbike n take off running to get out of the way. I dove and before i could hit the ground SNAP.. dick head landed on my leg. He had the throttle pinned and my leg was the first contact his back tire made.. yeah it hurt

That was Sept. 29 and its Dec. 16. I got surgery on it and this is my first week walking on it no crutches and shoes on.

sikwidit'96
12-16-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by mittimj
snapping your bars?? what brand where they? I have bent some bars doun around the gas tank but never snapped them..:ermm:
they were stock bars..now i have renthals

12-16-2005, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by sikwidit'96
they were stock bars..now i have renthals
\
bendalls

crzycooter05
01-12-2006, 06:58 PM
when i was like 14 my dad and i took a trip alone to this campground in ohio. It was his first ride on a 1985 230 quadsport we rebuilt. climbing a big hill not 20 mins after we got there and he bogs and rolls it. he tried to stop it from rolling=pulled hamstrings yes both...i stopped the bike and was like dad are you ok? he got on rode to the van and layed in the back till the next day wheni had to load everything and drive the trailer 2 hours home worst ride ever...

Quadboy350
01-15-2006, 12:49 PM
Back in June the 2nd day of school me and one of my friends went riding and we were hualing A** through this cornfield turned right and went throungh some tall grass. I really couldn't see anything but I pinned it anyway. and all of a sudden I felt the rear end of my quad shoot straight up in the air. I started diong frontflips I rolled with it once, and it rolled twice without me. I jumped up to make sure my quad was alright. Not worring about myself. I went to pick up the front end of my quad to check the frame and noticed i had broke my shoulder. they put this shoulder brace thing on and it sucked worst day ever. ALL MY RIDING BUDDIES THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY THOUGH. Cant blame them i probbly would have laughed too.

Quadboy350
01-15-2006, 12:51 PM
O I hit a WELL Pipe

400exrider36
01-15-2006, 01:50 PM
same exact thing when i hit a deer, i went to make sure my quad wasnt totally totaled and noticed i broke my collar bone...

Quadboy350
01-18-2006, 04:34 PM
Dude u hit a DEER thats F ing awsome

400exrider36
01-18-2006, 07:38 PM
yeah it sucked, lol i posted it before but here it is again...

i was just drivin around one day on my 400ex and decided to go down a sand road cause i didnt know where it went. i went many miles until it started turning into pavement, then a highway, so i turned around to go back home. i was getting bored so i started goin faster and faster. i got to full out and all of a sudden a deer ran out in front of me. i hit the brakes but i didnt have any time to slow down, i was also planning on getting new tires the next day, being that the ones i had were nearly slicks. so anyway, i hit the deer's rear end and it sent me flying off sidesways landing on my head/shoulder, which broke my collar bone and gave me a concussion. i only remember seeing the quad doin "summersalts" down the road and it landed on its wheels facing the opposite way i was goin. it was At LEAST 50ft away from me. i couldnt figure out where i was or what happened at first, and i didnt know which way was home because the quad was down the road facing the opposite direction i was was going. after a while i started remembering the deer flying into the woods when i hit it. i then went to look for it but only heard it rustling around in the bushes. then i just walked all the way over to my quad, hopped on, and luckily, it started right up. i took off and made it home ok. my headlights got smashed in and one got shattered, my stock bumper was molded against the frame, my pipe crushed like a can a bit(not sure how), my front plastic cracked, my handlebars and levers were bent all over, and my tail light got all cracked up(not sure how that happened either) i think my frame broke by the gas tank from that, unless that was from that other crash when i smoked a tree...:rolleyes: by the way i had crashed on the dirt part of the road, and i only had a small nick in my elbow that didnt even bleed, i found all of this really disturbing.:ermm:

01-18-2006, 09:51 PM
did you have an aftermarket pipe at the time? stupid deer, the hear the tinyest russel in the woods. but hear a 98+db quad coming and go ahh dur dur dur, um dur. SMACK. lol

400exrider36
01-18-2006, 10:00 PM
nope it was stock....deer are just that dumb.... or i am, one of the 2

01-18-2006, 10:06 PM
combo.

jk.

400exrider99
02-05-2006, 08:48 PM
i was riding with my cuz, nis half brother and some other people is was trying to keep up with my cuz on his modded yz125 on my 400ex but i could not make the corner like he did so i hat a tree at about 30-35mph. i flip the quad and landed about 7-8ft awaying in a thorn bush with the 400ex on top of me. i crawledout from under the quad and i waled away with a ripped shirt and a scratch that ran from my shoulder to the middle of my back. the quad had a baddly bent rim and some cracked plactic. i continued to ride for the rest of the day.

drsleu23
02-13-2006, 04:44 AM
The other day my bro,dad and me were riding around looking to make some new trails. so we found this spot were their was no trail but it would connect to already made trails and it would be freakin sweet..Well at the very begining there is this little hill, nothing serious but it was pretty steep i guess...well my brother goes and he makes it no prob on his suzuki eiger in 4 wheel. So now its me and my father sitting there and i say to him"your up pancake" (i don't know why i called him pancake but i just did its not his nickname or anything) so he starts to go and hits a log that was in the middle of the hill and his front end goes up and he keeps on the throttle for some dumb reason. Well next thing i know the quad is on top of him and he is flat as a pancake.....Some people call me psychic...well nothing bad happened to him but he bent his bars and cracked the visor of his newly bought helmet...he was pissed and we laughed at him for days...his new nickname is pancake

400exrider36
02-13-2006, 02:50 PM
haha thats great, not that your dad flipped but just the pancake thing.:cool:

drsleu23
02-27-2006, 01:46 AM
Well Last night we decided to go for a little late night ride to meet some friends at a local watering hole..We came to the beginning of one of the trails and their are these big piles of dirt well under the inch or two of fresh powder that just fell right near the mounds of dirt was sheer ice.. I went over it just fine but my bro must of been flying or something, he hit the ice and hit the mound of dirt right behind him comes my father and he does the same thing but he gets thrown from his quad and ends up flying into the frozen pile of dirt and rocks. When i went back to see what happened he was on all fours gasping for air.. Come to find out he broke two ribs fractured another and broke his big toe. My bro was fine but he did something to his left front tire because it wobbles like crazy when he drives it. Needless to say it ruined there night but i stil managed to have some fun

02-27-2006, 07:54 AM
how do ya manage to break your toe?

sounds like your bro has a bent wheel on his quad.

drsleu23
02-27-2006, 08:47 PM
I have no idea dude but he did!!!

jordan_400ex
10-01-2006, 02:22 PM
so i got a cr 85 and a 400 ex.the cr 84 is an 03 and the ex is an 05.

well i was putting with my friend (hes got a 300 ex andd a kx 85.lol we both are kinda the same.)any ways were just putting around and his older bro comes rippin around the corner and his bike goes over mine like a ramp.and he falls off and get scaratd up.and i got run over by his kx 250.i got a broken color bone and 25 sticthes in my leg and a bunch of cuts and bruises.about a mionth later we go ride again and i ahvent bee non my bike for a month.cuz i had to fix it too,but i didnt crash at alll but nole rolleda cpl times.

ok on my cr 85.nole was on his kx 85 and there both racing bikes all modded and crap/and were haulin balls down this gravel road.and we come to this hillclimb that takes us to the upper road were we ride at,and i get to the top and i turn around and noles right there so we head farthere and we finally get there,so were jumping and stuff and i couldnt find nole so i looked around for him and i saw him laying there and his bike was laying on its side and he told me he crashed so i stashed his bike and putted home.lol.i had to time him to me cuz he souldnt hole on with his arms.but he didnt break them he just sparained his wrists and a mild concussion.sorry for the long post

kawi_kfx13
10-01-2006, 03:25 PM
a fewof mine.........i was topin out the 400ex in the field...hit somthin...felt it over me about 5 times and then ended up about 30ft behind the 4 wheeler...my friend came over the hill and about hit me and i didnt no were i was lol so i was like oh ****...

one other time i was riding and old 250 sled 4 the ****s...and went flying topin it out on sim big drifts well it was kinda a drop of lol it went head over heals a few times...and then i started it up hamared it home and it blew up a bout a mile b4 my house lmao

krt400ex
10-01-2006, 04:10 PM
i hit a girl on a blaster once on my 300. it was a tight trail, only wide enough for one quad and i was at a stop ready to pull out on to the trail. i pulled out and here she comes, she hit me head on and landed in my lap. no damage to her bike but i bent my arm pretty good. her tire climbed right up between my tire and fender.

chigger
10-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
i hit a girl on a blaster once on my 300. it was a tight trail, only wide enough for one quad and i was at a stop ready to pull out on to the trail. i pulled out and here she comes, she hit me head on and landed in my lap. no damage to her bike but i bent my arm pretty good. her tire climbed right up between my tire and fender.

Maybe I'm too dirty minded but that sounds quite funny to me.

hit a girl, tight trail,u puled out, she comes,head on, landed in ur lap, tire climbed right up there. :p

at any rate, what a way to meet girls. :D

krt400ex
10-02-2006, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by chigger
Maybe I'm too dirty minded but that sounds quite funny to me.

hit a girl, tight trail,u puled out, she comes,head on, landed in ur lap, tire climbed right up there. :p

at any rate, what a way to meet girls. :D

hahaha, lmao. that is the same thing i thought. but it really happened :D