PDA

View Full Version : gas is pourin out of the over drain????

bens250ex
04-07-2005, 08:32 PM
well i got my r to start for the wst time and she runs good but gas keeps comin out of the overflow.....any ideas????also im 300 ft above sea level and have a fmf pipe, uni air filter, no airboxlid..what should i be runin? jet wise and needle? right now i have a 162 main jet in their...

dober250R
04-07-2005, 09:05 PM
bro, your floats are stuck. completely take apart the carb and clean it very well, and make sure your floats are floating free and not getting caught up.

wilkin250r
04-08-2005, 09:39 AM
When you take apart your carburetor, pay very close attention to the fuel passages and the way things are connected, and try to understand the theory behind it all.

Your fuel comes in from your fuel line, passes a small valve (called the Float Valve) and into the bowl at the very bottom of your carburetor.

Inside this bowl are also a set of floats. As the fuel level rises, these floats rise (hence the term "floats") The floats are connected at one end, and they pivot. As they rise, they will close the float valve, and prevent any more fuel from entering the bowl.

Its that simple. If you've got an overflow problem, either your floats are not rising (because they are stuck) or your valve isn't closing all the way (the rubber valve sealing surface may be bad, or there may be dirt in the way).

bens250ex
04-08-2005, 10:19 PM
i took it apart and cleaned it a lil and seems to be working good now..now i need some help on the jetting