PDA

View Full Version : LOUD exhaust......PLEASE help

budlack
04-07-2005, 04:34 PM
hey all.........I bought a DG pipe on ebay for my 300ex....and
holy crap, this thing is nice looking but
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo loud.....
its aslmost like it is missing a baffle or something.....
has anyone got one of these.........any thoughts on a fix????

it was only 156.00 bucks, but still.......way to loud

thoughts?

muddy400EX
04-07-2005, 04:46 PM
DG's are very loud, but most aftermarket pipes are. DG's arent exactly the best either, sell it and get sumtin better

enduro400rider
04-07-2005, 07:43 PM
all of them are loud my freind has a 250x wit the DG it ear spliting load kinda cool in a way though. you could put a spark arestor in it it might quiet it down alittle but not much

budlack
04-07-2005, 10:17 PM
so............who in there right mind buys these damn things and uses them.............i have a banshee with FMF pipes and the 300ex with the DG is unacceptable..........
wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tooooooo loud..........

gonna return this thing...........damn, cause it looks real good:(

i wish there wad a fix for it:)

DeerNuts
04-08-2005, 08:54 AM
I have one and like it actually. Its just like any other slip-on powerwise.

I must be the only one who doesnt have a complaint. Noise doesnt matter around here, and the power is comparable to my old E-series. (The weld broke on that one though).

Until the damn thing breaks, like everyone says it will, and I believe them, I will be content with it.:)

I dont have the bucks for a better one really. Hope Im not disappointed.:(

duke416ex
04-08-2005, 09:08 AM
Can you put the adjustable discs on the end of it, they might make it a little quiter.

budlack
04-08-2005, 10:41 AM
yo, deer nuts...........are you kidding me, you like the thing?

you crazy:)............

this is acually my wifes 300ex...........i ride a banshee ........

she wont ride it now.........she wants it not so loud.........

oh well.........time to sell:)

redexrider4290
04-08-2005, 10:47 AM
my freind just got a dg full system for his 300 to and i was wandering if there is anything he can do to it to make it qiuter he just bought it wihtout reserching it and he wants to use it but he cant becauuse its to loud

O yeah Hey dearnuts where in Pa do you live

budlack
04-08-2005, 10:51 AM
so, i feel your freind.,...........i should have done some research too

live and learn:(

i called DG directly and they said they have nothing to quiet it up

so............:(

blah

muddy400EX
04-08-2005, 05:01 PM
get a better pipe. if you want a quiet one then get the HMF with quiet core, still wont be really quiet, if you need it that quiet tho just keep the stock muffler

HondaR
04-08-2005, 11:33 PM
my dg was super loud sold it went back with WB E-series the FMF q mufflers are pretty cheap for the complete system and are quite and still gain power

2muchquad
04-09-2005, 11:53 AM
if you need it that quiet tho just keep the stock muffler
my thoughts exactly,there is no free lunch,if you want more power,any aftermarket exhaust will be louder than stock,inserts or not,dont let anybody or company tell you differently.sure some are obviously quieter than the dg.have somebody weld you up a encap and then drill a hole for a 3in piece of 1in emt.that will give you a smaller opening which will decrease the sound level considerably.if its done right it will look decent too:)