PDA

View Full Version : Works Shocks

Blackguywithouta400
05-13-2002, 05:04 PM
Does anyone have Works shocks on their quad for Plus 2 A-arms? Im trying to figure out if all the shocks have this extra spacer on them, im thinking I want to remove one, the metal one to get some more travel, I seem to be bottoming out the shocks while out racing. I have the preload set to as stiff as I can, but that’s causing them to have a pogo affect so I was hoping I could get some more travel before they bottomed out. Here are the pictures of them.

DEAL
05-13-2002, 05:14 PM
You could try cutting it down but its there to make your bottoming less harsh.

400exBro
05-13-2002, 05:42 PM
ya 400exracerx has them on +2 houser a arms but he went from stock to +2's so he got his revalved at a place, if you were using stockers before you +2s so they are setup for stock width you will need a valving job send em to works or a local dealer that does valving, i don't know if you might have to get them resprung either, call works i am sure they will help you out!!!
How do you like your shocks, i just got mine last week friday and only got to test em out one day on a rough track with some nice jumps and work awsome, i love these things, can't wait to try em out at a race on June 9th?????,,,......
lata
Bro

Blackguywithouta400
05-14-2002, 04:22 PM
BUMP

Martyor Jeff Can i take those metal spacers out ?

Smoker
05-14-2002, 08:36 PM
I had works before and there was no metal spacer on the bottom, just the eye (end that bolts to a-arm) then a metal washer then the bumper. Your bumper is upside down also. I would try taking it out and riding on it. It sounds like they need revalved like 400exbro said. :p

DiceMan400
05-15-2002, 05:01 AM
You may need more gas in the shocks...... What is tour PSI?????

05-15-2002, 06:48 AM
I don't think mine look like that at the bottom,,kinda like what smoker said..I'll look at mine tonight and see what they look like kendrick and get back with ya,,and also that rubber stopper is upside compared to mine,,I do know that..:confused: