PDA

View Full Version : Bike Wont Stay goin any suggestions

bbhondas
04-07-2005, 12:19 PM
bike just had valves adjusted and carb cleaned, after you gun it and let off the thing just stalls, whats goin on here, its been through some water lately but there is none in the oil or air box, can someone help me out??

jak1389
04-07-2005, 01:43 PM
check the jetting maybe or possibly water got into your gas. id say drain the gas and out new in and put in a new spark plug and see what happens.

bbhondas
04-08-2005, 03:24 PM
why do u think it would be the jetting, is it possible for water to mess that up?? because it was workin fine before

CaliLifeStyle
04-09-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by bbhondas
bike just had valves adjusted and carb cleaned, after you gun it and let off the thing just stalls, whats goin on here, its been through some water lately but there is none in the oil or air box, can someone help me out??

Did you have it cleaned or did you clean it yourself?

Check the needle and make sure your carb is properly connected to your hoses. I had the same problem. When I took everything apart, the carb just fell off. I hooked it back up and everything was fine.

bbhondas
04-09-2005, 04:26 PM
i have no idea how to do any of that stuff, i had it professionally done, is it that hard to do, if not give directions thanks

CaliLifeStyle
04-09-2005, 06:37 PM
i have no idea how to do any of that stuff, i had it professionally done, is it that hard to do, if not give directions thanks

Take your seat off and you should see the carb attached to an air hose. Make sure the clamp is tight and that both ends of the carb are secure.

bbhondas
04-09-2005, 07:03 PM
easy enough..

bbhondas
04-09-2005, 07:03 PM
lol thats an awful flashy clamp u got there

CaliLifeStyle
04-09-2005, 08:00 PM
lol thats an awful flashy clamp u got there

The signature is Doug Eichner, but it's not the clamp. The black thing with the screw in it is the actual clamp. You can't see the other end because the gas tank covers it, but it's real easy to remove. There are two bolts in the front and two rubber straps to hold it in.

redrider4ex
04-16-2005, 08:02 PM
if you constantly have to stay on the throtle to keep ur bike running, theres dirt in ur carb, or in the float, i just had the same problem, check it