PDA

View Full Version : southwick 19th

Sick0
05-13-2002, 04:26 PM
I headed to southwick for the first time. I going to race for my first time also. I was just wondering who else was going.:devil

EX 80
05-13-2002, 07:53 PM
I will be there bright and early.

QuadRacer041
05-16-2002, 03:58 AM
i might be there.
yellow 400ex #041
gray '02 chevy 2500hd pickup

redrizza
05-16-2002, 07:02 AM
I will be there. Unfortunately I fractured my wrist in the last Jolly Roger race, so I won't be racing:mad:

EX 80
05-16-2002, 10:25 AM
redrizza, that sucks alot , you were getting good finishes. I finished 12th overall at jolly's best i've ever done!!:D

redrizza
05-16-2002, 11:39 AM
Yeah, it definately sucks :grr I'm in points lead right now too :grr
Hopefully I'll only miss 1 race. If I have no chance of being season champ (points lead) I think I'll move up to amatur. It'd be nice to get away from all the hack jobs, who care more about staying on the gas than there own safety. Hence, my broken arm. In the "novice open" I was rear ended and pushed into a bunch of guys that were bottlenecked on the first corner after the holeshot. It jared my bars and fractured a bone in my wrist. But, I had enough adrenaline in me to come from 18th (last place) to 6th by the end of the moto. :devil I don't get mad, I just smoke yo ***!!

And for all you EX fans.... all those guys I passed were on raptors and banchees. :macho

Lasher
05-16-2002, 12:31 PM
I will be there. 4th year racing the series. I run a 250R #19 in the 30+ class.

redrizza - Sorry to hear about your injury. I was all too happy to get out of the Open Novice class after my first year. The difference in riders in between the Ametuer and Novice is pretty big. Especially when it comes to them guys using their heads, rather than the throttle. Some of the cleanest racing I have had was in the Open Expert class last year. Being so much slower than the top guys in the class, and they always passed me clean. Never found that in the Novice class.

T-R-X
05-16-2002, 01:23 PM
Ill be there,
# 485(blue 250r), 250 amature class
and im also doing the amature open class
Green freightliner

QuadRacer041
05-18-2002, 04:02 AM
trx,
arent you the guy with those gibson a arms?
if so what are you doing running in the amature class?trying to get the easy win???
with all the money spent on a long travel front end shouldnt you be running at leaste b class?

T-R-X
05-18-2002, 07:00 AM
yea, quad 041, im not running 250 c im doing 250 b class, and open b (amature) class. The only reason im not doing a 250 A class is becuase i want experience in b. Were going to have a nice day tomorrow, i cant wait, ill see you there.

QuadRacer041
05-18-2002, 04:59 PM
o ok, i was confused between nov class and amt class

T-R-X
05-19-2002, 08:15 PM
this weekend was great, i got 1st in 250 b both races.
the track was rough! Quad 041, i didnt see u there? did you make it?

EX 80
05-19-2002, 08:36 PM
Yes it was an excellent day of racing i ran 4 stroke novice and open novice. My best finished ever 8th in both 4 stroke moto's i ended up with 7th over all. In open novice someone hit my leg with either thier bumper or rim, not sure. it was quite pain ful but i kept racing. i ended wp with 13 in first moto and 10th in second giving my 12th over all

Sick0
05-20-2002, 04:21 PM
Hey ex80 I also raced yesterday. I think I was in your class, Fourstroke C. I had the yellow 400ex with no starter. I had to start in back. That is bull**** that you have to start in back. Well I was doing good my first race. I manage to get in 3rd or 4th from dead last. But I tryed to pass some one caught a rut and flipped over. I flipped my quad over and the starter dead on me. I got a DNF. I raced the second race with no starter got suck behind someone and stale it. Another DNF. Iwas pissed.:devil

EX 80
05-20-2002, 04:40 PM
That sucks, I'm sure you will have that fixxed for the June 16th race.

Sick0
05-20-2002, 04:54 PM
I will have it fix. And hopefully I will get a real postion at the gate.
You also races open c. My friend was in that he had a blackand white banshee. He got the holeshot both races. That banshee is fast of the line.

EX 80
05-20-2002, 05:13 PM
I couldn't get a good start for the life of me yesterday. I had a descent one in jolly roger but got passed by just about every one. :eek: Its all in good fun.

Sick0
05-20-2002, 05:33 PM
I can't wait to the 16th. I just want a fair shoot. I didn't even get to practice because I came late. I had fun even though I was a very stressed all day. Seeing how I was mounting my rear tires to rims and putting my kill switch on at 5am that morning. I got to the race at 10 am. Fill out tons of paper work. Had to find a number plate. I had to barrow boots from someone that where a size 9 and I wear a size 13. What a day.
I will be there next ready to go.

honda416exman
05-20-2002, 06:47 PM
Yea i was there i had a 300ex with my blue 400 plastics #51 i raced in the 91-300 class. it was my first time racing and in the first race i got 9th but in the second time, first lap i was going up into the wodds and a frickin blaster got his front wheel stuck over my rear wheel. it sucked i managed to pass 4 people but i didn't even look at my place. they should of had an intermition and smooth out the track it was so rough. when u go over the table and gun it down the straight there was a hole and i almost flipped.

better luck on the 16th

Lasher
05-20-2002, 08:33 PM
Sick0 - I saw you at the line before the attempt for the qualifier. I was waiting for the 30+ class when I heard them to tell you about the boots. Make sure you get a pair (and break them in) before the next race. And get some riding pants as well, you will be a lot more comfortable, not to mention safer.

Starts can be tricky at Southwick. Two strokes tend to spin on the asphalt while the 4 strokes can hook up and pull a wheelie. The only time that Southwick will fix the track is if there is a real dangerous spot. Otherwise the more whoops the more they like it. That is what the track is famous for!

I almost missed my second moto because they skipped intermission. But I ended up with a 9th overall for the day in the 30+ class. I cannot believe that we had a full gate. From what I understand the 30+ class had 5 ex pro racers in it. At least that is what another in my class mentioned.

Overall it was a great day and cannot wait until the 16th

Sick0
05-20-2002, 08:53 PM
Ya I came there unprepared. I didn't even know if I was going to race until like 8am that morning. I had al ready spent like 450 dollars getting my quad ready for the race and pay for all the membership fees. I didn't have the money to buy pants or boots.
And About the holeshot. How could I get a good start if I had to start in the back where I started on loose dirt, had to jump off a log, and have somebody already in front of me. Its kinda of rediculous.
I was piss at the time but I had alot of fun. It was a good a experinse for me.

Lasher
05-20-2002, 09:01 PM
I agree that starting that way in not the best, but understand that they had problems with people coming down for the qualifier.

If the 4 stroke novice guys were all down at the line, you could have actually run a total of 4 motos. Qualifier, then a LCQ, then Moto1 and finally Moto2. But they were waiting for people to show up for the first qualifier, then when I think they had everyone, for that one, they took a roll call for the second qualifier and only a few were at the staging area. So rather than wait around, they elected to start the extra 4 people in the back row.

Oh, a little secret, if you want a good gate pick on the first moto, then pre enter by mail. They do the gate picks by when you sign up. That is why you were on the last row for moto1. You signed up late that morning. And you save 10 bucks by pre entering. Moto2 gate picks are by the finish of moto1. Since you DNF, again you had last pick, or rather a back row start.

Good thing about pre entering, is when you show up the morning of the race, you can get in the real short line. Takes about 5 mintues, rather than wait in the long line all morning. Southwick will allow you to enter the night before, from 6-9pm. I did that this past weekend since I had a stag party the night before the race. I showed up at 10am, drove straight into the pits and got ready for practice. So next time, I will pre enter (just forgot this week) and then got on Saturday to get my wrist band.

BigBore81
05-20-2002, 09:07 PM
i raced sunday i got 2nd and 2nd and got 1st overall sicko i was right in front of you with the blue 400ex #81

Sick0
05-20-2002, 09:14 PM
I remeber you, Thats a sweet quad. You had a LBZ riding gear on right.
I'm not complainning about starting in the back that much. At that point I was happy to race.

BigBore81
05-21-2002, 04:40 AM

T-R-X
05-23-2002, 10:26 AM
Heres a pic of me racing 250B class the past weekend, passing #444, and going on to taking first place( he put up a good fight). IM the blue 250r # 485. The track was great that day.

T-R-X
05-23-2002, 04:00 PM
Pic of me in southwick whoops